Loading problems, forum errors.

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
I'd just like to know if anyone knew what was up with the forum lately or if anyone is experiencing the same type of problems. I already called my internet provider and had them reset my router, however, every other page loads super quick 'cept for this one.

Along with the ShoutBox, shouts aren't coming out in the right order, I've been experiencing this a lot lately. Either that or 7 out of 10 shouts aren't even going through.

Whenever I'm posting and hit the post button, it brings me to a blank page, or the 404 error I think it is? I can't recall, it hasn't happened lately, it will just go blank and not post. :gonk:

I think it all comes together with the lag the site has been giving me 'cause even loading a thread takes absolutely forever, and I wouldn't bitch about this easily. I'm just wondering if you techies are working on something that's 'causing this, or can fix it in some way. =/

Belazor, DragonByte Tech

I don't know about you, but the only thing that takes a long time to load for me is the threads. No matter what thread, it always loads the same time as any other.

Probably just a minor plugin or add-on that has to be taken care of. Dunno.

Belazor said it was vB itself, but I'm not sure how that's possible when it wasn't lagging when I joined :ahmed: I'm going to stick with my assumption of a bad plugin causing lag.

The whole forum for me takes ages to load, every other site works fine. I've noticed the profile pages and the threads tend to load slower than the home board though.

Whenever I'm posting and hit the post button, it brings me to a blank page, or the 404 error I think it is? I can't recall, it hasn't happened lately, it will just go blank and not post. :gonk:
This happens to me as well. Its a bothersome when you make a huge post and it just gets killed by the errors or slow loading that causes connection errors. :c

Clearing the cache can really help this problem though :p

I haven't gotten a 404, but whenever I make a big post I always copy the entire thing just in case something goes wrong :P The forum went completely down a few days ago for some time. Dunno if the forum software can cause that.

Well Kira, The only problems I have been having is a laggy sb, but I think that is it. A few loading problems here and there but it will load. I am pretty sure Belazor said something about this yesterday about it being the whole VB thing. I do not know what is wrong... but I am not getting no 404 errors at all. Maybe it is just a problem on your end. Also I can say that I have no trouble posting. Like I said, it will go through after a bit. I do remember having to fix my browser because FFF was not loading things properly. Ever since then.... FFF has been fine.

The threads are just slow for me, sometimes the shoutbox is a little slow but my shouts always go through.

When I go to post a comment it takes about 30 seconds and then brings me to a page that says "This is a duplicate of a post you just made" which is kind of annoying.

My page loading has been slowing to a crawl, I am looking at a minute to two minute loads regardless of page. I have also started to get blanks where the thread will just refuse to load

My sb is laggy to fuck, but all my handsome shouts go through

Belazor said it was vB itself, but I'm not sure how that's possible when it wasn't lagging when I joined :ahmed:
Cause the forum has stayed static and not grown a single ounce since then :P

I'm going to stick with my assumption of a bad plugin causing lag.
A lesser man than I would find your persistence in this matter insulting, since after all out of the two of us, I am the one who makes his living writing vBulletin plugins ;)

Seriously though, the fact that no other vBulletin installation on this server suffers from the same issue (all vBulletin 4.1.x) I tend to lean in the direction that this is due to vB 3.8 not scaling very well with larger forums.

Cause the forum has stayed static and not grown a single ounce since then :P

A lesser man than I would find your persistence in this matter insulting, since after all out of the two of us, I am the one who makes his living writing vBulletin plugins ;)

I'm just messin' with ya :gasp: I only thought that because a forum I was on that was on vB 3.8 was having problems and constant database errors due to some bad plugins. Then crowdgather gave us a clean copy of vB 3.8, put us on a new server (not saying any of these problems are due to the server because of what you said earlier), and added in the plugins that we still used one by one. But you're much smarter than me with these kinds of things, so I'll take your word for it :P

So, what does that mean? That you can't fix it? :gonk: 'Cause if so that friggin' sucks... =/ It didn't do this before, and it's just pretty damned annoying to wait for a thread so long if I'm needing to update things in the Clan. :rage:

God hates me.

So what you are saying MrBelazor is that unless the veebee thing is upgraded the problems are not going to go away.
Perhaps those problems are why there are so few posts.
I'm sure if we all pray then the general slowness effecting the site will disappear. Allahu Akbar.

Back