Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
By "die", I'm obviously on about a videogame death, but for those of you who might want to discuss the method of your last physical death, you're still welcome to.

The title is pretty much self-explanatory. Were you tomahawked by a group of nefarious campers during an online Call of Duty session? Were you mauled by a band of undead marauders during your travels? Did a glitch leave you in tatters? Or did your character just inexplicably commit suicide as a result of killing a very annoying sub-character? You get the idea anyway. Simply describe your last videogame death and comment on it. Was it a hilarious death? Was it a frustrating one that made you quit the game in rage afterwards?

I was playing an import version of Catherine at my cousin's. The difficulty was Normal and admittedly it is punishing if you don't use up enough time to think about your moves. A few nights in, Vincent had to climb up this block tower and there are a bunch of sheep running around also trying to get to the top. One got in the way, standing in a vital block needed to progress up, and though I tried to whack it, it turned round and somehow knocked me off the block I was standing on into oblivion below. Yes, I was defeated by a bipedal sheep. The death before that, I screwed up somewhere and had a giant fork stab me into bits.

I didn't really mind the deaths. In a game like Catherine, you expect to fuck up from time to time and despite how bad I was at it initially, I'm surprised I didn't die anymore often than I did.

I was playing Halo Reach last night. My last death was actually a hilarious one. It was a very glitchy death. My Spartan just somehow fell on the floor when I was not even shot at and at full health. Most likely one of those hilarious "what the fuck" deaths in a video game where lag kills you. It was hilarious though. Shooting games always have these kind of deaths, though. I am pretty sure if I was playing an RPG or something and my character mysteriously died out of nowhere by falling off a cliff, it would be more hilarious. Also Livi, by making this thread...Ryan will probably list all his CoD deaths :hmph:(even though he never dies much)

Liv Liv said:
but for those of you who might want to discuss the method of your last physical death, you're still welcome to.
:ahmed:

My last video-game death...I haven't had one of those in quite a while, actually. It was in American McGee's Alice, on the gauntlet to the final boss, during which I was assaulted on all sides by Card Guards...I ended up just using the clock to stop time and run through that way...and then I found I had to climb stairs on the inside to get to the Red Queen (who was actually easy to kill with the Jabberwocky's Staff, amusingly) packed with...yep, Card Guards. I was not pleased.

I was playing Dragon Question 8, and the boss at the top of the Godbird's Eyrie killed me.

The bosses in that game are fond of attacking twice in one turn...so he got off two critical hits on my healer. For extra fun, most revive spells only have a 50% chance of working, and my luck was bad. Do the math. :hmph:

Luckily I went back and murdered him the second time around. :grin:

I was playing Catherine, escaping some frightening boss. I died a couple times during the fight, trying to find a good strategy of making it to the top. Well, as I was cruising, it all of a sudden blew some weird looking wind or ice, making some parts of the ice crumble or something like that. I fell about 7 blocks down, then the block I was on turned red. As I tried to leave the block, another block smudges the hell out of me. I got super pissed, and stopped playing for about an hour

I was playing Dragon Question 8, and the boss at the top of the Godbird's Eyrie killed me.

The bosses in that game are fond of attacking twice in one turn...so he got off two critical hits on my healer. For extra fun, most revive spells only have a 50% chance of working, and my luck was bad. Do the math. :hmph:

Luckily I went back and murdered him the second time around. :grin:

I think I was overleveled on that one and killed her pretty easily.

My last death was against the Hierophant in Persona 3 Portable. I'd been stuck on that boss for a few months and finally picked it up to try it again. It keeps causing my entire team to be scared (or something I forget right now) and I didn't have any Me Patra gems; only Patra. Finally let the AI take over and do stuff for me for that fight and won. Then I had to fight another boss @_@ Wasn't hard, thankfully. I would've been pissed if I lost and had to redo it D:

My last death (with plenty more deaths to come) was in Demon's Souls on PS3. I decided to take a chance on killing King Allant in Bortalian Palace 1-4 using a game glitch. Basically you enter the fog and not move. You pull out your bow and just headshot him until he dies. However, I couldn't do enough (or much damage at all) with my mage build. So I had to take the fight to Allant. I underestimated, however, the explosion range of his blast attack and was wiped out by it.

Some ridiculous dragon in the lunar sidequest thingy on FFIV, I wasnt expecting much, then next thing Ive just been royally fucked and in need of swapping party members... :hmph:

I bit off more than I could chew in White Knight Chronicles II earlier and tried to take on two Fire trolls in succession. The first one I killed with White Knight, but I ran out of MP during the second one, and it was at that point that half a dozen other enemies, including some damned scorpions that raise a barrier that makes them immune to physical attacks, decided to step in. I was not particularly pleased...

My Minecraft death was... entirely my fault, and annoying. I've been playing on a multiplayer server for a while and I've had an on going mining project. I've been digging just a couple of layers above bedrock (lowest layer), looking for diamonds and iron, mostly. The problem with digging around bedrock is there is a high chance of running into lava.

And I did just that. I should have turned around and went back, but instead I decide to mine along side it. One step to the left and I could fall in.

A creeper shows up and we have an epic duel next to the fucking lava pit and I kill him. Little do I know, he brought friends. A skeleton in the distance shoots an arrow at me and I fall into the lava to my death.

I lost a diamond pickaxe, a shit ton of iron, three iron pickaxes and some obsidian. One was not very pleased.

My last videogame death was when I was playing Mass Effect and I drove my vehicle straight into a mine field just as the game was warning me not to drive in there... -.- The game should have had that warning a few seconds earlier. D: The car blew up and gave me Critical Mission Failure and I almost had to load my game from 1 hour ago until I realized there was an auto save :D

Was playing Dragon Age Origins and the ogre picked me up and threw me at a wall. And then I died along with the rest of my party. It was kinda funny.

...by Shiva in FFV. Got overwhelmed by her and her ice knight brigade and her darn ice spells. Trained a bit, came back and beat her with the power of fat chocobos!

The last time that I died was when I was fighting Trema in Final Fantasy X-2 a couple of days ago. I'll readily admit that the old codger kicked my sorry hide from pillar to post when he punched out Yuna and the gang like they owed him money or something. At that point I realized that I had just gotten smashed by an old dude in a ceremonial robe... So I started with the heavy drinking again. Let me tell you, Final Fantasy X-2 has done wonders for the alcohol industry.

Ahem... anyway, I got my revenge and beat him with the Cat Nip/Gunner 9999 Trigger Happy trick. My revenge was sweet and just.

I was revisiting Fallout: New Vegas, pelting my cheery moonwalking protagonist into the very heat-blasted plateaus of the Mojave Desert. Having failed to touch this game in an age, I completely forgot my bearings, wandering aimlessly around like a blind nomad when I could have easily brought up the map like any sensible wanderer would.

By the time I considered bringing up my map, I had wandered into Deathclaw territory (again). I couldn't escape these nefarious fiends in the past and it looked like I was about to repeat the same horrible fate. Its hairy fiendish claws - holding the very essences of the Devil himself - lunged at me, perhaps hungry to feed on my slightly-radioactive flesh. Its unintelligent growling was enough to tell me that this was simply a carnivorous monster, its aim to maim and kill. It was hardly going to step aside like a docile creature and let me by along the ruined highway. Like many aggressive and carnivorous creatures, I surmised that Deathclaws would come in packs. As expected, a couple more of its hairy brethren were summoned, their insatiable lust for flesh, their speed and their resilience just as potent as the first.

I could hardly stand my own ground against one Deathclaw as admittedly I had hardly any ammunition left in my possessions and with two accomplices aiding the first, I knew that my chances of survival had reached its most nadir point of 0. Imminently, their claws dug deep into my character's body and killed him after twenty seconds. As he laid dying, I thought to myself: how on earth could I have forgotten to use the map?

Instead of telling you my last death I think its more fun to tell you the many recent deaths ive ever gotten all at one time and not to mention a single game. I was playing Mirrors Edge and I can say ive died over 100 times by getting knifed in the neck,shot up by one soldier,sht up by a big crowd, and jumping over building and rooftops even skyscrapers and falling to many painful 24 feet deaths over and over again. Hanging off ledges and falling off,I got ran over by a el train at least twice trying to jump to a moving one. I say Ive never died so much in my life.

lol I last died on Breath of Fire 3 by the final boss,The weirdest boss I ever fought >.>; I lost really easy once she killed Rei and couldn't use Weretiger since he goes crazy and kills Nina -.-; so I had to Rely on Ryu through most of the battle and well lets just say I failed on many levels that time.

lol Her Debuffs are a pain,Slow down my charas+Cast Confuse on all 3+kill my Speed booster Rei and my Healer Ninia+Ryu with no AP or AP Heal=Fast and painful death by a woman with monsters in her belly ._.;

Fighting Jade Face for the third time in Agniratha. My GOD, that was an intensely frustrating battle. He started the battle by summoning two other mechon, who used a Lock-On move to stop me from targeting him, and he continued to use ridiculously powerful moves that always prompted visions of the future...of one of my characters dying. Even once I'd taken out his cronies, staying alive was murderously hard...Laser Bullet wiped out Sharla without fail every time he used it, and Monado Shield wouldn't work on it. Every time I he targeted Shulk with it, I just had him run into the far corner so he lost his lock on him. xD

But when he was reduced to about 1/6th of his health, he summoned two more, and by that point I was getting tired and very annoyed. He didn't use Laser Bullet with others with him, but it didn't really matter, because they were screwing me over as it was. I only managed to beat him because I got lucky with Monado Buster and managed to hit him without targeting him. This was after half an hour of constant defeat. I was not pleased, especially when I saw a Youtube video of someone of the same level, with the same characters (Shulk, Dunban and Sharla) taking him on and winning :rage:

I last died in Dead or Alive Dimensions last night. I was playing online. Whoever I was fighting, did not give me a chance to strike for awhile. I hate Elliot in DOA. He has this cheap non stop combo that you can not block. I was fighting as Helena and well... I was sent flying through a window, and then flying through another piece of glass down below, where my character died as soon as she hit the floor. The game is button mashing happy, so I am pretty sure they just do this to annoy you. -__-

Back