FFVII Power Tier List

Ryotaken

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Let's go here and try to make as list of the strongest beings in FFVII.

I'll begin by stating that I think Sephiroth is #1, considering that in AC he IS Jenova and has an entire Negative Lifestream coupled with his unmatched willpower.

So guys, how does this go?:jon:

I don't know if Sephiroth can be considered #1 considering that he gets beat all the time. If we're not limiting this to actual characters, I'd the Lifestream is Top Tier. It stop a Meteor from crushing the Earth. But if we are speaking of characters, it is kind of hard to say considering that you can build you characters and what skills they use any way you want. Not one is really stronger than the other.

Yea, though Sephiroth get beat by his rival only, he`s evil so he can`t win. Plus Sephiroth while dead was able to stop Holy which is a force opposing meteor.

And the creators do consider Sephiroth to be above the lifestream.

So I think he gets spot #1. Strongest character/monster in FFVII, Sephiroth The Undying.

Let's go here and try to make as list of the strongest beings in FFVII.

I'll begin by stating that I think Sephiroth is #1, considering that in AC he IS Jenova and has an entire Negative Lifestream coupled with his unmatched willpower.

So guys, how does this go?:jon:

I'm pretty sure he was every time you met him throughout the course of VII as well. I'm not sure about when you face him as the final boss though.

However, I don't think you can call Sephiroth #1. Cloud beats him EVERY time. Wouldn't that make Cloud the strongest?

Sephiroth would be number one, because Cloud only defeats Sephiroth, because Sephiroth gets over confident and mocks Cloud thinking that he's worthless. Watch AC again, and you'll see that there is several times that Sephiroth could of murdered Cloud, but he decided to tease him instead.
Sephiroth could of easily stabbed Cloud in the chest, but instead he aims for his shoulder blade and teases Cloud about he'll take everything he holds dear away from him.
Sephiroth is easily the strongest, but his ego needs decreasing.

Yea, though Sephiroth get beat by his rival only

So, wouldn't this make Cloud #1? (What bearsfwd said)

And are we tiering the monsters or anything in VII? If it is anything then Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon would be above Sephiroth because they were light years more difficult to fight.

So, wouldn't this make Cloud #1? (What bearsfwd said)

And are we tiering the monsters or anything in VII? If it is anything then Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon would be above Sephiroth because they were light years more difficult to fight.

I don't know.......Cloud did seem to get beat against Sephiroth, but he turned around in the end and just sent him flying miles away like he was a rag doll :P

And then OmnislashedV6. However, I believe the creators have on two instances called AC/C Sephiroth the strongest being ever in FFVII.

And isn't the weapons being more difficult gameplay mechanics? Heck Chaos was in the battle against FFVII, and he didn't make that much a difference. Plus, Vincent stated himself only Cloud could fight/destroy Sephiroth in AC/C and Vince is the strongest WEAPON.

Sephiroth would be number one, because Cloud only defeats Sephiroth, because Sephiroth gets over confident and mocks Cloud thinking that he's worthless. Watch AC again, and you'll see that there is several times that Sephiroth could of murdered Cloud, but he decided to tease him instead.
Sephiroth could of easily stabbed Cloud in the chest, but instead he aims for his shoulder blade and teases Cloud about he'll take everything he holds dear away from him.
Sephiroth is easily the strongest, but his ego needs decreasing.

Sephiroth straight-up stabbed Cloud through the chest and then made him eat an octaslash.

Not saying Sephiroth is weaker(because the reunion files said they were equal for the time they fought, and then Sephiroth clearly didn't get tired while Cloud did) but Sephiroth did get over-powered at times.

Last edited:
And isn't the weapons being more difficult gameplay mechanics?

Does it matter? Did you have a harder time fight Sephiroth or Emerald/Ruby Weapon? Sephiroth was cake compared to those Weapons.

I'm starting to get confused on what this is supposed to be. I'm basing my ideas on difficulty through gameplay and what actually happens. This seems to be soaring out of control based on personal opinion rather then what's in the actual game.

Are we tiering these characters or just give our opinion on who is the strongest?

:confused:

Not trying to be a dick but I'm just a literal thinker and when I see a word like "Tier" then I am basing it on the hardest fights in the game(Emerald/Ruby) and who actually defeated characters(Cloud beats Sephiroth at the end of VII and AC).

So the Tier should be something like this:

#1 - Cloud
#2 - Ruby or Emerald
#3 - Emerald or Ruby
#4 - Sephiroth

and so on

Oh, no problem.

I'm trying to base mine on feats/accomplishments and character statements; I don't ususally like using gameplay :D

But wouldn't Minerva in CC be the hardest then? She was pretty difficult.

Easy to determine:

Tier 0:
Sephiroth
Cloud

Tier 1:
Minerva/Jenova
Zack
Genesis/Kadaj

Tier 2:
Chaos Vincent/Omega Weiss
The WEAPONS/Zirconiade
Elfé
Yazoo/Loz
Weiss
Vincent
Nero
Rosso
Azul
Shelke

Tier 3:
Regular SOLDIERS
AVALANCHE
Turks
Various Monsters
Humans with a tad more Willpower/Soul Energy

By the way, I only took feats/accomplishments and character statements into account when making this, no game mechanics or the like.

Last edited:
I know we all like to think Cloud is the best but somewhere here I read that Sephiroth just got too cocky which is true. I think Sephiroth could beat Cloud. But at the same time Cloud has that undying determination found in him again just like he did in FFVII. So I'd say at the very least Cloud and Sephiroth are equals when it comes to fighting each other. I do recall Sephiroth getting a little frustrated during their fight in AC though. However if he did cool down and fought to kill the whole time Cloud would probably be gone. But then what would we all do with the story if that had happened?

Great! What is up with the forum glitching out like that? In spite the autosaving, I lost all that I wanted to say, and it's like the servers here are trying to force as many typos as it can before crashing.

Aw, well. Let's resume quickly:

Top tier: Cloud, Barret, Yuffie, Cid
High tier: Aerith
Mid tier: Tifa, Red XIII, Vincent
Low tier: Cait Sith

Any questions?

Great! What is up with the forum glitching out like that? In spite the autosaving, I lost all that I wanted to say, and it's like the servers here are trying to force as many typos as it can before crashing.

Aw, well. Let's resume quickly:

Top tier: Cloud, Barret, Yuffie, Cid
High tier: Aerith
Mid tier: Tifa, Red XIII, Vincent
Low tier: Cait Sith

Any questions?

Swap Aerith and Vincent then it's perfect.

The reason why Aerith ranks as high as she does is because of her OP support Limit Breaks. She's pretty much the strongest character in the first half of the game.

Another character that can be in contention for best character in the first half of the game is Red XIII, since his early limits either have great damage output or great support. The downside is that he gets soundly outclassed by the likes of Cloud, Barret, Cid, and even Yuffie when it comes to damage output.

Vincent sucks. His and Tifa's main functions are that they are Deathblow users. That is it.

Back