Help "Ultimate Weapons"

Noize

Sensou Ishimashou!!!!
Veteran
Gil
Rightio, so i'm at the point where all i have left to do is finish off all the marks and off the final boss. i want to get the the Ultimate Weapons for each weapon class, but i have no idea where to start in terms of loot.

Can someone throw me a guide or list what i need to do (perferable in point form) so i can get on the right track? I've tried looking online but i can't follow what exactly i have to do.

First off, I'd like to say; Good fucking luck. This game is awful when it comes to ultimate gear and be prepared for frustration and a lot of time spent.

With that being said...since you're at the end of the game and there are sometimes multiple ways to obtain a weapon, I will only be listing the areas with the highest probability. I am also going to assume that you have all the monographs/Canopic Jar as they are required for some loot drops.

(Names of the weapon first, type of weapon after. I will also hyperlink to a wiki page for each Monster that may be required)

Danjuro(Dagger):

Rare Drop: Larva Eater (Great Crystal)

^ I'd go for this one last to preserve your sanity.

Dragon Whisker(2HSpear):

Random Chest:

Pharos at Ridorana(Spire-Ravel 1st Flight): A 55% chance for this chest to spawn, and then a guaranteed Dragon Whisker with a Diamond Armlet equipped. If you do not have a Diamond Armlet equipped, then it will be a 50% chance for the Dragon Whisker, and a 50% chance to be a Rubber Suit. One time only chest. This chest is behind the fool's facade, just be sure to avoid the traps.

Durandal(1HSword):

Bazaar Item: Lifewick x3, Emperor Scale x2, Leshach Halcyon x1

Lifewick:

Necrofiend (Pharos Subterra B1,B2,B3), (Henne Mines/ Special Charter Shaft) (Pharos-2nd Ascent/Station Of Ascension) (Pharos-3rd Ascent/Spire Ravel-First Flight): An 18% monograph drop, as well as a rare steal (3/6%).

Emperor Scale:

Archaeoaevis (Zertinan Caverns/Balamka Fault): This enemy only appears in the southern portion of Balamka Fault. It has a 14% monograph drop, as well as a 5% poach rate.

Leshach Halcyon:

Leshach Entite (Paramina Rift/Head Of The Silverflow, Icebound Flow): There must be blizzard conditions for this entite to appear. Once found, equip Thief's cuffs and proceed to steal from the entite. A 3/6% chance to steal, and a 3% drop. If you do not steal the Halcyon from the entite, then zone away one screen and come back. It will return to neutral status, and you can then attempt to steal the Halcyon again.

Euclid's Sextant(1H Measure:

Mark Reward: Awarded upon successful completion of A Wild Stench (Mark #29)

Excalibur(2HGreatsword):

Random Chest:

Great Crystal (Srhru Jilaam Pratii'vaa): The only gate required to be opened to access Excalibur is Sagittarius Gate II. When the player reaches this area, there will always be a chest present, with a chance at a Sage's Ring without the Diamond Armlet, and a Renewing Morion with the DA. After opening the first chest, there is a 20% chance that there will be a second chest right underneath the first one, and will contain the Excalibur. If the second chest spawns, it is guaranteed to be the Excalibur with or without the Diamond Armlet. This is a one-time only chest. If the second chest does not spawn, zone away three areas, then return and try again.

Fomalhut(2H Gun):

Random Chest:

Lhusu Mines: Site 9: After completing the Antlion Infestation hunt (Mark #38), just beyond where the creature fell can be a chest which spawns at a 60% rate. There is a 50% chance it contains the Fomalhaut, and a 50% chance for a Knot Of Rust without the Diamond Armlet. If you wear a Diamond Armlet, you'll get either an Elixir or a Knot of Rust. If it is not there, save at the nearby crystal, and then run back to check again. This is a repeatable chest. Once you've saved at the crystal, buff your characters and run to the chest. If it is not there, just soft reset and try again.

Gastrophetes(2H Crossbow):

Steal:

Pallicant (Ridorana Cataract/City Of Other Days): You must clear this area of all enemies, then exit and re-enter to make this rare game moster appear. Equip Thief's Cuffs to everyone if possible, and set up steal gambits to make things easier. Please note that Pallicant is a teleporting monster, so you could lure it to the zone line, steal from it, then defeat it.

Grand Mace(1H Mace):

Mark Reward: Awarded for completing Who's The Strongest(Mark #32)

Holy Rod(2H Rod):

Random Chest:

Pharos At Ridorana(Wellspring Ravel-2nd Flight): A 91% chance for this chest to spawn, and then a guaranteed Holy Rod with or without a Diamond Armlet equipped.

Masamune(2H Katana):

Mark Reward: Obtained from Montblanc as a reward for completion of the Battle on The Big Bridge hunt(Mark #40)

Ragnarok(2H Greatsword):

Mark Reward: Awarded upon completion of the Fishy Dreams hunt (Mark #43)

Rod of Faith(2H Rod):

Mark Reward: This is kind of unorthodox in the way it is obtained. Upon completion of the Truth Shrouded In Mist hunt (Mark #42), strike the giant Wyrm Snout at Mt.Bur Omisace with Vaan unequipped to obtain the weapon.

Sagittarius(2H Bow):

^ Another pain to acquire

Bazaar: Beastlord Horn x3, Moon Ring x3, Sagittarius Gem x1

Beastlord Horn:

Humbaba (Mosphoran Highwaste/Summit Path, Northern Skirts): An 8% monograph drop.

Moon Ring:

Ash Wyrm (Great Crystal) (Mosphoran Highwaste/Empyrean Seat): A 10% monograph drop. There are several Ash Wyrms in the Great Crystal area, most notable one just two screens away from where the Zodiac Escutcheon is. To get Moon Rings in the Mosphoran Highwaste, you must first defeat the esper Exodus.

Sagittarius Gem:

Foobar (Nabreus Deadlands/The Slumbermead, Fog Mutters): A 30% steal with Thief's Cuffs. You can save at the teleport crystal one screen north of the Slumbermead. There are a few Foobars at the northern end of The Slumbermead, and a couple more in the Fog Mutters.

Scorpion Tail(1H Hammer):

Bazaar Item: Charged Gizzard x3, Wyrm Bone x3, Scorpio Gem x4

Charged Gizzard:

Thunderbug (Henne Mines/Crossover B): Save at the crystal, then head one screen east. In a dead end in this area are two “chests”, which in reality are Thunderbugs. A 15% monograph drop. If you don't get a Charged Gizzard, soft reset and try again.

Wyrm Bone:

Skulwyrm (Zertinan Caverns/Drybeam Cavern) (Great Crystal): You can steal Wyrm Bones from Skulwyrm, and they are also 10% monograph drops.

Scorpio Gem:

Grenade, Buer (Zertinan Caverns): Probably the easiest place to go for Scorpio Gems. Grenades are found in Hourglass Basin, with a 1/2/3/5% drop, as well as a 30% steal with Thief's Cuffs. Buers are found in Sandfalls, Hourglass Basin, Darkened Wharf and Drybeam Cavern, with a 30% steal with Thief's Cuffs.

Tournesol(2H Sword)

^ Very rare items needed for this one. Enormous pain.

Bazaar: Gemsteel x3, Empyreal Soul x3, Serpentarius x3

Gemsteel:

1.Lvl.99 Red Chocobo(Ozmone Plain/Haulo Green): 90% Monograph Drop. To spawn this chocobo, you must kill at least six chocobos in the Haulo Green area, then move two areas away and return. Odds are 1 to 256 that the Lvl. 99 Red Chocobo will spawn among one of the six chocobos.

If that 1/256 chance made you wtf; thankfully there are 2 other ways to obtain it as well.

2.Bazaar: Sell Scarletite x1, Damascus Steel x2, Hell-Gate's Flame x2, then purchase for 29,997.

3.Awarded by Montblanc for acquiring 8 Espers.

Empyreal Soul:

1. Reward from Montblanc for reaching High Guardian clan rank (28 marks, 300000 clan points).

2. 6% steal with Thief's Cuffs from Lvl. 99 Red Chocobo.

3. Bazaar: Sell Wargod's Band x2, Soul Powder x1, High Arcana x1, then purchase for 29,997.

Serpentarius:

1. Reward from Montblanc for obtaining 13 Espers.

2. An 80% steal with Thief's Cuffs from Zodiark.

3. Bazaar: Sell Snake Skin x4, Serpent Eye x2, High Arcana x1, then purchase for 19,998.

Volcano(2H Hand Bomb):

Mark Reward: Awarded upon completion of Paying For The Past (Mark #30)

Whale Whisker(2H Pole):

Bazaar: Mythril x3, Corpse Fly x3, Aquarius Gem x4

Mythril:

Mythril Golem (Giruvegan/The Trimahla Water-Steps, The Aadha Water-Steps): A 3/6% steal rate, along with a 10% monograph drop.

Corpse Fly:

Dragon Lich (Pharos At Ridorana/Subterra): Found in all three levels of the Subterra, and usually the first enemy you encounter when entering one of the corner areas. A 3/6% steal, and also a 12% monograph drop.

Aquarius Gem:

Golem (The Feywood/Walk Of Flitting Rifts, Walk Of Stolen Truths): A 1/2/3/5% drop rate, as well as a 30% steal rate with Thief's Cuffs.

Wyrmhero Blade(2H Sword):

^ And the award for most useless ultimate weapon ever goes to this, because to get it you have to slaughter everything it would've been useful on.

Bazaar: Lu Shang's Badge x1, Godslayer's Badge x1, Omega Badge x1

Lu Shang's Badge:

Awarded after completing the Den Of The River Lord section of the fishing game at Dalmasca Estersand/ South Bank Village.

Godslayer's Badge:

Awarded by Montblanc upon completion of the Farewell to a Legend hunt (Mark #45)

Omega Badge:

Omega Mark XII(Great Crystal): 100% Drop.

Yagyu Darkblade(2H Ninjato):

^ A little annoying to obtain but amazing for the Yiazmat fight.

Rare Drop:

Bombshell (Lhusu Mines/Lasche Span): 20% spawn rate with each entry of the area. The Yagyu Darkblade is a 3/6/8/12% drop, so it may take a while.

Zodiac Spear(2H Spear):

^ Oh boy. Here we go...

Guaranteed Chest:

You must not open the following four chests from the beginning of the game until reaching access to the Necrohol Of Nabudis, where the spear resides:

1.The chest in front of Old Dalan’s place in Lowtown.

2.Once inside the palace in the Cellars, the left chest in the southeast corner contains an elixir. Do not open it. Or either just to be safe.

3.Once you’ve been captured and thrown in Nalbina Dungeon, one of the chests looks slightly different than the others. Do not open it. The other two chests will contain a gambit and a Tourmaline Ring.

4.There are 16 chests on Phon Coast aligned in four rows of four. One of these is the forbidden chest. Do NOT open any of them, period.

If you do not open any of these chests, the Zodiac Spear will be in a room in the Necrohol of Nabudis (Cloister of the Highborn) with 15 other chests.

Open ONLY the second chest from the left in the front row, it will probably be the first chest you see, in the first row you see when you enter the room with 16 chests. If you did not open any of the Phon Coast chests, you can also get 15 Dark Matters if you equip the Diamond Armlet first.

DO NOT EQUIP THE DIAMOND ARMLET WHEN OPENING THE CHEST WITH THE SPEAR!

However, if you did open the chest....

Random Chest:

Henne Mines (Phase 2 Dig): You must have defeated 10 Espers and completed The Mine Flayer hunt (Mark #15). You then can speak to the Geomancer in Jahara, who will have someone open up the secret areas in the Henne Mines (past the section where you fought Tiamat). Teleport there using a teleport crystal, then head north, then east. This area is the Phase 2 Dig. After a few twists and turns, there will be an area that is not shown on your map. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR DIAMOND ARMLET EQUIPPED! The chest has a 10% chance to spawn, a 10% chance to be an item, and 10% chance to be the Zodiac Spear. Basically, a 1/1000 chance each time you load for the Spear to be there.

And...that's pretty much that in terms of weapons.

Supplemental Information:

Ultimate Equipment FAQ
(If you feel the need to get the ultimate armor/bullets/arrows/etc. as well this has that information.)

Last edited:
You're definately gettin repped for this man thanks alot! You just saved me potentially weeks on end just to look for the loot alone! :)

No sweat man, I was eventually getting around to doing a 100% run of this game so I needed to make that kinda list for myself anyways lol.

Haha.... yeah, to be honest it's been so long since i've played it i've forgotten wether i have the Canopic Jar or not. I know i've done most of the hunts so i SHOULD have it already, but the name doesn't ring any bells what so ever, lol.

What i do know is that i'll never be able to beat Omega MK XII in The Great Crystal, and i need the medal you get as a reward/prize for defeating him, for one of the ultimate weapons :sad3:

They are a pain to acquire, but well worth the effort. Everything dies when the Tournesol hits it.

Use this guide. Berserker has the best guides anywhere on GameFaqs. It's the best guide you will ever find. It tells you where to get these items from what monsters and how much exactly, that you need to get them on the Bazaar. It is the ultimate guide for all the final marks and the game in general. Worship it.

Also, this guide. It provides a step-by-step instruction on how to get all the final ultimate weapons, even detailing the percentage rate and at what chain level you're most likely to get weapons. (for example, I got 2 Yagu Darkblades when I got up to an 80-level chain). These two guides combined, will ensure that you will not fail.

:hmmm: So i went looking for the Yagyu Darkblade in Lhusu Mines and i couldn't find the area that was mentioned. Am i to assume it's in the area after i get the area 7 key?

I thought i found a new area, instead i found Gilgamesh (1st fight). I managed to steal the Genji Gloves from him but he died before i could steal the shield in the same battle :sad3:

:hmmm: So i went looking for the Yagyu Darkblade in Lhusu Mines and i couldn't find the area that was mentioned. Am i to assume it's in the area after i get the area 7 key?

I thought i found a new area, instead i found Gilgamesh (1st fight). I managed to steal the Genji Gloves from him but he died before i could steal the shield in the same battle :sad3:

Looks like someone needs to try that battle again :gasp:

Also, I stumbled upon this on Youtube, it's a video that pretty much guides you to the Yagyu Darkblade. It also looks like he has some other videos about other weapons too so you can check those out. For reference, it's going to be the route you go to reach the 2nd Gilgamesh Fight.

Click

Looks like someone needs to try that battle again :gasp:

Also, I stumbled upon this on Youtube, it's a video that pretty much guides you to the Yagyu Darkblade. It also looks like he has some other videos about other weapons too so you can check those out. For reference, it's going to be the route you go to reach the 2nd Gilgamesh Fight.

Click

I already saved the game after the battle so i can't get the shield anymore :gonk:
I also hear the 2nd battle's harder than the first? Oh sweet jesus!

Shinya:

Yes, the area for the Yagyu Darkblade is available only when you get the 7 key. I'd also recommend going there at around level 75 or something, because those bombs do not screw around in wasting your happy ass. Trust me. I speak from experience. O_O Keeping your chars buffed is also a good idea.

Where do i find the "shaft 7 key?" i got the key that the kid if bhujerba gives you from the Antlion hunt, but i haven't gotten any other shaft keys.

Use berserker's guide. He's got it all in there, I promise you. You get the key at the Phon Coast, from a guy that fell from Bujerba. But I warn you, it's a hard place to go. The Vampyr Bats will hand you your ass if you're not ready.

Back