FF Music Saddest Final Fantasy songs.

Laguna Loire

Blue Mage
Gil
We all know that different songs/tracks in the series change you like with me the man with the machine gun gets me so pmuped up and so F***ing happy, but what about sad ones? You know, the ones that when you hear you shed a tear.

For me i think the saddest one is Relm's theme from ff6 it plays on scenes with Relm and Strago mostly when something happens like with the Ultros battle (LOL) anyway, when i hear i totally bawl like i do with nearlly everything in ff6.

Anyway that's what i think is the saddest one, what about you?

P.S. I can already predict someone will say Aerith's theme..... (stupid Biatch)

I say Aerith's theme.
Garland :ahmed:
Especially
when she died
, that theme is what made it heartbreaking.
Yuna's theme, like when they left Besaid, was rather sad as well.

Both melodies are simple and sweet, but used with the right dynamics and at the right scene can just make your heart swell.

The piano version of Fisherman's Horizon is a wonderfully poignant piece of music. I kind of wish they'd used it in the game.

I can't remember exactly what it was called, I believe it was Rachels Theme from FFVI, also. Another from FFX, once again, can't remember what it's called. It's when the group finds out something sad they haven't known before, like the scene at Home, when Tidus finds out about.... Something

I'd have to say the most saddest FF songs I've heard are Scars of Friendship from CCFFVII, Setuki da ne from FFX, Last Heir from FFVsXIII(Noctis's Theme), Theme of Sorrow and Theme of Love from FFIV, and Death on the Snow Field from FFVI. I like those a lot. It's just something about them that makes me relaxed but really sad.

I found Hope's theme a bit depressing. I mean, its good, don't get me wrong. Well, I guess since Hope had that same kind of personality from the get-go, then it's fitting.

I'm going to be cliche' and say that "To Zanarkand" is one of the saddest ff songs I've heard. I mean come on, from start to finish, it relaxes you, makes you think, and evidently brings a tear or two. I also have to say that, off of X-2's Piano Collections, "Wind Crest" is pretty sad sounding. I mean, it's a great song, but still pretty sad(in a good way).

Yuna's ballad from FFX-2 can get me. Also, "Answers" from FFXIV moved me to tears the frst time I heard it with no context. Those lyrics and the despairing choir are excellent.

A lot of the songs of Final Fantasy are really sad actually, I just can't think of their titles :P A few come into mind though:

- Aerith's Theme... yeah....
- To Zanarkand, such a beautiful theme and it played at all those tearjerker scenes in FFX. It's haunting, relaxing, and brings me back to the sad game that is FFX.
- A Song From Her Memory (Garnet's Song), I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is a sad theme. It's a lovely and very bittersweet theme that always got to me, there was just something about it, I felt feelings of sadness, loss, warmth, and love at the same time--I don't know, maybe that's just me, or maybe I just loved FFIX that much. ^_^

I find To Zanarkand to be the saddest song. I'd have to go through and play some of the others to remember how the other sad songs go, but To Zanarkand is the one that I always remember. It's a beautiful composition. It's not really a heartbreaking sad song, but it's just got that sad feeling to it. I think everyone else who chose it summed it up better than I could :P

I find the Hymn of the Fayth, alongside that To Zanarkand, to strike my heart deeply. Both can easily bring me to tears if I allow them to. It just feels so intense.

I am physically incapable of listening to 1,000 Words in English.

True story.

Hmm I'd have to say

Your Not Alone-FFIX,This was perhap's the most depressing song I heard on FFIX,when Zidane loses his hope even be it brief it was sad how he shunned his friends and fought alone.

Every time I hear that song that cutscene comes up into my head D=

Hmm I'd have to say

Your Not Alone-FFIX,This was perhap's the most depressing song I heard on FFIX,when Zidane loses his hope even be it brief it was sad how he shunned his friends and fought alone.

Every time I hear that song that cutscene comes up into my head D=

Oh man, I forgot about that one. That was a sad part of the game :sad2: But it got all happy because everyone joined him one by one. It was beautiful :gonk: I'll have to go give that a listen.

In my mind there's sad songs and then there's SAD songs. Forever Rachel from Final Fantasy VI falls into that second, all-important category for me. It's melancholy tunes can somehow tug at the heartstrings of this old malcontent. There's something about it that causes me to associate it with a great loss that punches you right in the gut. Makes sense since Locke lost Rachel and it's her signature tune. It's beautiful and haunting, and hey, it brings out the emotions in me.

- Aerith's Theme is pretty much the standard bearer - especially the piano version. Flowers Blooming in the Church is a pretty much a riff off her theme so I'd count that as well.

- Daryl's Epitaph from FF VI.

- Maybe to a lesser extent The Village of Dali from FF IX - especially if you return later in the game.

Personally, I don't think any of the other games can touch Crisis Core when it comes to sadness. Here are the songs I find saddest from it. If you haven't heard any of these you should give 'em a chance. They're really excellent songs. I'll put a link for each of the songs.

Why (CCFFVII Mix) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGh8ApIvHqI&list=PLB39051174D1B36A5&index=31
Scar of Friendship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKBhHjQJ6mE&list=PLB39051174D1B36A5&index=21
With Pride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlLQpMBxyxI&list=PLB39051174D1B36A5&index=24
Duty and Friendship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zQOPXjODpc&list=PLB39051174D1B36A5&index=43
The Price of Freedom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLuc3le5Wo&list=PLB39051174D1B36A5
Fulfilled Desire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4wQu9cw48&list=PLB39051174D1B36A5

Seto's theme.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Every. Single. Time.

Back