Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
Hey I'm playing FFIX on holiday and I'm just wondering I'm heading to cleya during disc 2 and I'm just asking where is the first location where you can get the feather boots (the thing that gives you auto haste) as on my last playthrough I didn't get them until disc 4

According to a site I just read you can get the Feather Boots the following ways:

- Abandoned Lagoon chocograph on the Outer Continent (chocograph can be dug up in Chocobo Lagoon, needs light blue chocobo)
- Synthesiser shop in Lindblum , Daguerreo, Alexandria or Treno (you can only get it at these shops on disc 3 or 4)

So you can't get them until Disc 3 at the earliest I think.

Auto haste is given by the running shoes. And that is found by defeating Tantarian or the Treno Amdusias on Disc 3. Stolen from Hades on Disc 4. Found in Quan's Dwelling on Disc 3 while Vivi and Quina are in your party. And Synthed in the Black Mage village Synth Shop on Disc 4.

The Feather boots can be found at the Abandoned Lagoon Chocograph site. Stolen from Tiamat on Disc 4. Or synthed in Treno, Alexandria, Daguerro and Lindblum on Discs 3/4.

Just relised I meant running shoes... soo apart from getting them from the shop on disc 4 only other chance is me finding then at quan dwelling what is the tantarian and the terno amdusias and how do I fight them?

Tantarian is a book in the Alexandrian Library. It is bound in gold and sits atop the bottom left bookcase. It can be fought at two points. The first is when Dagger, Steiner and Marcus are infiltrating the Castle. The second is when Zidane, Vivi, Freya and Amarant are going up to Dagger in the battle of Alexandria. The Running shoes will drop so don't worry about having to steal them.

The amdusias in Treno is only fought on Disc 3. It is in the Weapon shop. Kill it and the Running shoes will be given to you as a prize.

'Running Shoes can be won from Tantarian, found in Quan's Dwelling on disc 3 (with Vivi and Quina in the party), won by defeating the Amdusias in the Treno Weapon Shop on disc 3, and stolen from Hades. They can also be synthesized at the Black Mage Village on disc 4 for a cost of 12,000 gil, one set of Battle Boots, and one Emerald.'

You can fight Tantarian in Disc 2 when in Alexandria Castle, but it's very difficult. Alternatively you can fight it when back in the Castle in Disc 3, which is slightly less difficult but still tough. I'd say going to Quan's Dwelling or beating the Amdusias are the easiest ways to get the Running Shoes, though only Zidane fights the Amdusias.

Ahhhh ok ill try the fighting the monsters and finding them method XD

Back