Ever Get Bored of Final Fantasy?

Never! Never! I can play just final fantasy games forever and never get bored.

Of course I do. It's only natural to get bored with something after awhile even if you do enjoy it. I'll go through long periods of time where I won't want to play any Final Fantasy games, or any game for that matter. Then, when the fancy hits me, I'll have interest in it again. I still always like the games and enjoy them, but different things pique my interests at different times.

It's the same with anything. I mean, you can eat a delicious gourmet food and love it. Eat it every day, three times a day and you'll get sick of it after awhile. Variety is the spice of life, so yes, I'll get bored with Final Fantasy. So, when I get bored with something, I go and do something different. It's called, broadening my horizons or something like that. Still, I'll never stop enjoying Final Fantasy. Well, not my particular favorites games in the series at least.

na, not when there all different to the last, and each time i play through one i find something new, and gettin all the bonus stuff is soo much fun!

Anything can become boring if too much time is spent on it!

I like to live a life where I do a variety of activities little and often, so I want to read or move about after about 2 hours of gaming!

Sometimes, I also want a break from (random)turn-based battles (which can get a bit monotonous), so I move to a game like Zelda or Portal 2.

Playing some games like the early FFs a lot of times (which has little alternative development) can get a bit boring - I have to space them out heaps if I repeat. I usually get bored of the more recent generation of FF games about half way through the story. Ie, I have never completed Sin more than once in X. I just get bored by that point.

I'm getting a bit bored of the series as well.

XIII was a Final Fantasy in a pretty little box of ribbons and bows and when I opened it...it was pretty much an empty box for me. I forced my playthrough of it, even doing the extra side missions and etc. ...but the love that I had for IV/VII wasn't there.

So then I moved my sights on to XIV for my ps3...until I heard the horror stories about it's pc version.

I've always been excited for Versus though. In my optimistic eyes, it will hopefully be a clean slate for the series. I'm hoping it has an engaging story, characters, AND pretty graphics this time around. Oh yeah and no game linearity please, because I've had enough of that with XIII thanks -_-

The icing on the cake for me was them skirting Versus's already ridiculously long production to make XIII-2...and probably 3 now as well. I'm totally ready for them to wrap up the neverending story of Lightning and XIII.

What they really need to do is finish with all of the XIII material and start 15 already. Lets move on already, please.

Sometimes I might get bored of a single title if ive played it for too long, but never the entire series. The games are different enough, so if i get bored of VIII, i can play I and it wont even feel like the same series.

Final Fantasy is definitely slipping, all the way up to X was amazing, X-2 was horrible, XII was good but not great and XIII was worse than XII. I'm hoping that Versus is as good as they say it is, because it sounds awesome.

I think I am getting bored of Final Fantasy (the series in general) but not so much the games, if that makes sense? I still play VIII and IX and I can't wait for the re-release of X

In fact, I don't get bored with it (unless I'm doing massive grinding), but I do go through phases.
I wish there were more side quests in Final Fantasy, so we didn't just have to grind for hours.

Like just recently, I was in a FFXIII and FFIV (Complete Collection) kick. I finally got all my characters completely maxed out (yay for cactuar farming) and beat Vercingoterix. My next goal would be to take down a Long Gui, as well as get at least one of each person's ultimate weapons.
The Long Gui is so annoying :oy:
I've put 12 hours into fighting Adamantoises to get Platinum Ingots. It really isn't fun but it's the easiest way to get gil.

The only Final Fantasy I never get bored with is X. Not really sure why.

I didn't find the grinding on FFXIII to be too bad. I've played much worse grind-ey games, so I suppose that'd be why :hmmm:

Grinding in XIII just gets a bit repetitive, even though there are a lot of places to go. Right now I'm working on getting every weapon and accessory for the Treasure Hunter achievement, and it's taking ages. Usually I don't like trying for achievements, but I've only got a few left, and I hope they give us benefits for doing everything in XIII-2.

After beating FF IV I've decided to take a break and give a Dragon Quest game a try. It's fun, definitely different. I know this is a Final Fantasy forum so please don't ban me for treason :eek:

I don't really get bored with any FF to be honest. I kind of wish they extended them to be honest :). FF8 to me has a 'boring' segment in the game and then kicks back into good old fun again :). I'm playing through FFXIII again ready for the upcoming sequel :)

In some ways it can get boring, but I enjoy the battles and finding things in the game so that helps elevate the bordem. Also different levels of magic and summons help the games from being less boring. But usually after 2 or 3 play throughs of a final fantasy game I tend to not play it again.

I got bored of it so much that I ended up selling just about everything I owned that had to do with Final Fantasy except for my most favourite games. >.<

Then a year later something in my brain popped and I got real into them again and had to go and buy back all the copies of the games I wanted to play again. <_<

I won't be selling them again this time even if I think I will never play them again. I genuinely thought I was over Final Fantasy when I sold my stuff last year so I can't really stay too angry with myself. =/

I got bored with them all a few months ago, and just started to get back into them again. I also got tired of them around about 07'- 08 because just played them too much and there was nothing new. I might get bored of them again if no decent Final Fantasy comes out soon, it's been six years, almost eleven.
:dead:

I think the final fantasy game I got most bored with was probably 13, not that I have anything against the game. In fact I love it, however the slow pace of its middle put me off finishing it for a while. The difficulty spike did nothing to mend that problem.

Yes, I get bored of almost everything, and rather quickly too. Final Fantasy is no exception to that rule. But I do have other games I really like in order to balance out the damn boredom. The one FF game I could play and do battle in all the time and not get bored would be FFXII. And FFXIII is making it's way up the list as well. Great battle system.

Back