Should I Tell Them...?

Moogles

Tauros and Probopass <3
Veteran
Gil
Have you ever come across someone--be they a friend or complete stranger--who you notice something completely embarrassing about? Something that they themselves are unaware of?

I was at Hershey Park (an amusement park, for those who aren't familiar with it) the other day, and noticed a large woman walking around slowly. When she passed by the bench I was sitting on, I noticed something horrifying about her backside. She had a massive crap stain on the seat of her pants. It was unmistakable. She seemingly crapped her pants without realizing it. That, or she accidentally sat in someone else's crap.

I stood up to tell her about it, but quickly lost my nerve. On one hand, I felt like I had to say something. If I were in her position, I wouldn't want everyone I passed to see the diarrhea stain on my pants. On the other hand, bringing it to her attention would cause her immediate and extreme embarrassment. It'd be awkward for her AND me. I ended up leaving her alone, and felt slightly bad because of it.

Anywho, that's my story. Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation? Do you break the news to them?

Never found myself in a situation quite like that tbh and if I did I probably wouldn't tell them. It's a stranger, it would be really embarrassing for them to have someone come up and tell them they have a shit stain on their ass.

Now if you don't tell them it's still embarrassing but at least they'd never know if anyone truly saw it or not and they definitely wouldn't know that you saw it.

If it comes to someone I know and they have BO, bad breath, stuff in their teeth, I will happily tell them.

If it's something that's not extremely noticeable, like bad breath or shit like that, then it's more polite to keep quiet.

If it's something ridiculous like a giant crap stain on the back of your pants, then the polite thing to do is tell them. Better to get embarrased earlier (In front of fewer people) than later (In front of many more).

If it's something like THAT I say you should tell them as politely as possible. Rather one person pointing it out and not a huge group of people.

I see situations like this all the time. Something embarrassing happening but unable to tell them what's what. If I were in a situation I would hope my friend/family would tell me as nicely as possible or at least playfully point it out.

Suggest looking in the mirror or whatever. I can laugh at myself so I can handle someone close enough to me as a friend to point something out that's embarrassing just as long as it's not rude.

I think it really depends on the situation and who it involves.

If its a stranger then admittedly...if I find something embarrassing about them I just turn away or leave. If its bad breath...its irritating and stinky but I let it pass. If its body odor :sick: I leave the area and avoid them... I'm not blunt enough to tell someone something like that because you really don't always know the circumstances as to why things are they way they are with them...at least with the stink breath and the body odor...who knows if the person is homeless or etc...and they don't have access to a shower and toothbrush everyday? :(

If its someone I know personally...I'll tell them. I had a friend tell me I walked out of the bathroom once at college with a bit of toilet paper on my shoe and I was glad she told me because who knows when it might've fallen off :lew:

as much as id like to say id tell the person i know for a fact id just text everyone i know and tell them instead...

im a horrible horrible person :gonk:

Yeah this has happened quite a few times. Last year my mother-in-law, her husband, and my brother-in-law were visiting over at our place. Everyone was kinda just talking away. I started to talk to my mother-in-law, and well, unfortunately I noticed that she was sorta...hanging out from the bra. Just one of them. She was wearing one of those extremely low-cut shirt.

So I just focused on her face or uncomfortably glanced away every now and then (but I didn't wanna seem rude by doing that either because she was talking to me). I wanted to say something or nudge at her bosom as if to say it privately, but I didn't wanna make her feel embarrassed. I don't know if the other guys noticed it, but I'm sure they did.

Same exact thing with my sister-in-law as well. I don't know, things have a way of peeking out, I guess.

Can't say I've found myself in THAT kind of situation...
But I do know what you mean. One time I saw this woman who must've bumped some wet paint, I told her about it and she just chucked it back at me... What a bitch. Lesson learnt, try not to do anymore good deeds.

Ugh I couldn't tell a stranger or someone I didn't know very well if they had something embarrassing going on with them, that they had not yet noticed. >.<

If it's family or Steve then I can, but even then it's hard. I don't want them to look like idiots, but at the same time I don't want to be the one to tell them. XD

I'd rather they found out themselves and fixed whatever it is so that it wasn't awkward between us when I told them. >.<

I remember the other day though, a girl came into work and she had a small booger on the edge of her nostril. >.< I didn't want to say anything, but I didn't want her to go outside either with it like that. >.<

I think she sorted it out soon after though, because about half an hour later it was gone. >.<

I felt terrible that I didn't say anything. :sad3:

Having once walked a mile with my wrap-around-skirt hanging down, exposing my bottom, I would probably not tell someone... I think I would have felt very embarrassed had someone told me and it would have been harder to talk to the people who had passed me in the future. At least by never talking about it we could all pretend it didn't happen. :wacky: I certainly could anyway. :lew:

My sister-in-law...again. We were at the pumpkin patch a couple weeks ago and I noticed a huge rip in her inner thighs while she was sitting down. Uh well, you can kinda guess where that's headed. It was as if she purposely cut something there - she's notorious for this. I would know, she gives me her hand-me-down shirts. There was no way she didn't notice that. Or the others. It's like...jeez woman, seriously? I don't know how girls can stand going out in public like that.

I didn't say anything because even I was too embarrassed to point it out. Plus she's the type to get angry when people tell her to pull up her pants, etc.

To be honest I've came across these situations, and I've been in this situation :gonk:

I can't recall anytime that I had pointed out something to a stranger about messes/etc on them...

I do often tell my boyfriend : "Uhh babe you have food stains on your teeth." or "Babe wipe the corner of your mouth."

I know that I'm a messy person, so he corrects me for those mistakes. :lew:

There was one time when I was in middle school that I had a period stain on my sweats... luckily my sisters friend pointed it out so I could at least cover it up

(sheesh how embarassing!)

I'd say its rare for complete strangers to admit they saw anything, but it's common for friends/lovers/family.

ooh my mother (monster) in law has the biggest tash you ever saw, not like, just a little bit of a shadow, but full on tash. I hate the woman, so I naturally love it.

What I don't understand though, is why no one has told her, like, you know her daughter?! Hahahaha. I said to my mum, if that was you Trace, I'd be telling you to get the gillette on it and sort it the hell out. I've obviously mentioned it since to friends etc, and they have instantly said omfg, i didnt want to say becuase it is rude but its wellll bad, then we proceed to have a big laugh about it. I remember my mum meeting them on xmas for like the first time and my mum said to step dad, omfg why didnt you shave, and when they left he said to her, its not me you need to be telling to shave!

I know people will read this and think you cow. But honestly, they woman is poison and I can't be doing with her. Not spoken to her since my wedding day and boy am i happier for it.

Back