The strongest pain you've felt?

Nbotff

Blue Mage
Gil
Ever hit your toe on a door? Ever fell down your stairs?

physically whats the most painful thing you've had to deal with?

I have to say the most painful thing i've done is i got my hand stuck in a letter box... :(

Dont ask me how i did it ... i have small hands :D xxx

:hmmm:

ive broke both my wrists, tore a hole in the cartalige in my left knee, tore ligaments, tendons in my left leg along with some muscle :gasp: oh and i've torn some things on the left side of my hip

:wacky: all martial arts related

:hmmm: id have to say my knee injury was the worse

I've stubbed my toe several times against a variety of objects predominantly in my room, but the pain doesn't really compare to when I nearly lost a thumb when I was 10. I don't exactly remember how this happened but the door of the caravan we were staying in for a weekend slammed shut on my left thumb abruptly and with such force. Luckily I didn't lose my thumb, my mother probably said I nearly did to make me seem more brave and heroic to have survived that or something - but I did lose my thumbnail completely temporarily. It would be painful as hell to anyone, let alone to a 10 year old and all I can vaguely remember were the screams while my brother and sister rushed to see what had happened.

The strongest pain I've experienced was when Aerith was stabbed by Sephiroth. The pain was not physical, but it was very deep, emotional pain.

But physically, the most painful was when I was on the bumper cars and I got hit by someone and accidentally bit my own tongue. I had to get it stitched up and I was told that the end of my tongue was barely hanging on. It gives me the shivers even thinking about it. :(

Reactions: Six
I had a toothpick go straight into my foot (well, half of it went in). That and pulling it out, was fucking painful, Also, I had pretty much a lot of the "ouch that so fucking hurt" accidents.
e.g.
- Spilling Hot Tea on my body (Burns are a bitch)
- I hit my head into the edge of the door and I had to stitch because of that.
- I fell up the stairs while carrying stuff, and it went straight for the bone (Btw don't know about you guys, but our stairs have edges and they are made of rocks), I still have an obvious mark of this.

Yep, pretty much I had my share of those things.

Toothache. Nothing on earth compares to it. You could say it is more of a dull pain, contrary to most of the accident related stuff in this topic, but when toothache gets to the worst stages, you just want to kill yourself.

I actually hugged the random dentist we had to get at short notice when I had to have a tooth taken out.

When I was around eight I think, my eldest brother kicked me between the legs so hard my feet left the ground, that still only ranks as the second most painful experience of my life. Third is the time my brother crushed my bare foot in the door as hard as he could.

Anyways the number one most painful experience of my life began one night when I strolled into the bathroom before bed. I finished brushing my teeth and nonchalantly reached for the bottle of mouthwash, little did I know that a maelstrom of agony lay within. I grabbed it by the lid rather than the bottle itself and pulled it towards me, from where it sat on the shelf. In doing so, I sealed my fate.

Clearly one of my younger siblings had just used the mouthwash moments before me, and the unthinking fool hadn't screwed the lid back on, just placed it over the bottleneck. I pulled the lid away and in doing so dragged the bottle from the shelf, causing it to fall. My first thought was that the bottle would spill it's minty contents all over the floor, and I would have to clean it up, ah if only that was the worst of what happened.

The base of the bottle hit the cistern of the toilet with what appeared to be minimal force, however the liquid in the bottle exploded outwards like an Aquafresh shotgun. The peppermint flavoured typhoon hit me square in the eyes, and I felt the mightiest pain any mortal on this earth as ever felt. It was as if my eyeballs had been replaced with the flaming salty balls of Cerberus, and they were subsequently being hosed down with hydrochloric acid.

My mouth closed up so I couldn't even scream in frustration at the pain, that would shatter stars and rip apart galaxies beneath it's minty might. About 20 minutes later I could finally open my eyes, and lay on the bathroom floor for another ten. My eyes hurt all night, and for the next 48 hours my eyes felt 'peppermint fresh' which was just fucked up.

Slipping on a wet plank one rainy afternoon. Hit my back and I couldn't feel anything nor could I move. I was scared that I'd been paralyzed, really. Thankfully after several minutes I regained feeling in my limbs and then I realized it wasn't as bad as I'd first thought. It was really painful though and it's really hard when you know you can't really do anything about it.

While sledding, I landed on my tailbone the wrong way once. HOLY SHIT... WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION... FUCK! Boy, did that hurt! I couldn't sit right for a week! Sitting on the buckles in the car also hurts like fuck. Don't ever, ever do it!

But soooo much worse than that is monthly cramps. >_< On a scale from 1-10, with a one being a rubber-band snap and a 10 being unanesthetized surgery, it's about a 9. Just short of screaming in agony. The only way I can describe it is like being stabbed in the gut with a knife and then someone twisting it. CONSTANTLY. I don't want anyone to say SHIT about 'moodiness'. :mokken: You suffer through 72 hours of pain so ripping and intense you want to scream in agony and then come talk to me about being 'moody'. I'd like to see you stay perky and pert while in hideous pain. :grumpy:

:hmmm: the only painful things I can think of is when I was 5 some random family friend came to visit and I really hated him but he was trying really hard to be nice to me and he grabbed my arm to pull me over or a hug or something (I can't remember) but I struggled against him to get away (sounds like weird rape :S) and he pulled my arm out of it's socket :|

I had to go to the doctors and wear a sling for two weeks.

Then when I was 8 or 9 my uncle went to pull me over to him and I struggled and He pulled my arm out of the socket again :S
I spent two more weeks with the sling.

But yeah, I think having my arm pulled out was the most painful pain I have experienced.

Reactions: Kei
The strongest pain I ever felt when I was shot five times. Some people shot me with guns and I nearly died. It was very painful.

Actually that did not happen to me, I got myself confused with 2pac. It happens very frequently though not often with 2pac.

I broke my foot once but then I tried to walk it off and it only started hurting later.

I guess the thing that hurt most was the car crash they lead to me being paralysed from the waist down. I don't remember much about it. But from what I have been told it was very painful.

Pfft.

You call that pain?

When I was like 3. I had this thing The doctors Called a bubble. it was a Swelling of Skin that was filled with blood and other fluidsThis one was just above my Tailbone(instad of on my shoulder. where they usually are.)

at age 3. I decide to jump up onto the kitchen counter. Via chair.(i was a samrt kid! ./sarcasm) So I paraded around on the counter like a King Then.

I fell.

I landed on my "bubble" and it exploded.

By explosion I mean. "skin basicall flying off me and Blood poruing out of me like a fucking fountain."

There was so much blood pouring out of me. i was terrified. also some weird Bluish bubbly fluid was coming out also. i was Screaming and Scraming. it wa slike someone stuck a Chainsaw inside my Back and turned it on. It was pure agony. I was rushed to the hospital (still screaming) and rushes straight into the an emergency room.

Now among all this pain. They were also trying to get an I.V in. only they couldnt find a place for it to enter. This Hur tlike hell. and made me scream more. and i swear i felt like I was dying.

Sldo i heard my mom was kicked out for Punching a doctor. because he was Hurting me (the I.V wasnt going in)

It was NOT PLEASANT.

My familly has dealt with tons of pain before. Everyone has.

My dad had an Ulcer. (which he says was terrible. He was throwing up blood eery second. I wasnt born yet.) My mom has had 2 heart attacks and surgeys.

My aunt had it the worst though,

She had Cancer the: Made her lose a Leg and her breats. Went through PAINFUL kemo therapy. and when she got it again. slow killed her. She weigh like. 20 pounds before she died. It was heart breaking.

Well theres my story.

Other than the cliche heartbreak, I'd have to say my first time experiancing a migraine.

I just remembered another incredibly painful experience, that occurred more recently than my tangle with the mouthwash. I was sitting in my room minding my own business, and being devastatingly handsome of course. After a while I decided to go for a nice walk down the road to relax, and also to share my beauty with the world. I crossed my room and opened the wardrobe door, then sat down in front of it to put on my shoes.

I tied my fashionable shoes and ensured they were secure, after all I didn't want to turn an ankle! I stood up and closed the wardrobe door, oblivious to the fact that I was about to witness a self-contained Armageddon in my left leg. I turned 90 degrees to the left in order to begin walking out of my room, well almost all of me turned. My left foot decided to play the Judas, and betray me most nefariously! The aforementioned traitor(my left foot) remained pointing forward as my body turned, effectively causing my entire body to turn on my left knee.

As I am sure you are aware, your knee joints are hinges like those on a door. Now imagine someone twisting your knee as if they were removing the lid from a delicious bottled beverage. A beverage named dick shitting pain

I dropped to the floor in excruciating pain, convinced that I had broken a bone or at least torn ligaments and tendons. It was like watching my beloved PC being smashed by a sworn enemy, except in my knee. I say without shame that I yelled for my mother, she screamed back at me to quit my nonsense. The sting of those words is what galvanised me into action, and I managed to crawl back onto my bed until the pain had faded somewhat. After a while I managed to hop down to the kitchen AKA my mother's lair. I could put no strain or force on my leg at all, nor could I bend the knee. My only choice was to keep it straight out in front of me as I bounced on my good leg, like a flamingo with a love for perpendicular angles.

My darling mother then finally decided that I was probably not faking, and had a great time trying to kick me over. Finally she succeeded in toppling me and sauntered off, presumably to watch TV or terrorise a local village. The family dog then came over as I lay defenceless on the ground, and began to hump my neck vigorously like a Vietnamese hooker. That Ladies and Gents is what hurt the most, those dog penis-shaped scars on my soul, will never heal

I just remembered another one. Let's just say I seriously underestimated the power of a Georgia sun.

Full body sunburn, with 2nd degree burns on my whole back and legs.

It basically feels like you're being roasted with hot coals from the inside. That's no exaggeration, either -- you can literally feel waves of heat coming off your skin and BOY does that hurt. Did I scream? No. Did I cry? No. Did I want to?

HELL YES.

Worst pain I ever felt? It would have to be emotional pain. I had my share of physical pain that hurt so bad, I felt it for a year (no joking), but none of it comes closer to my worst pain then what I have felt emotionally thus far in my life. But that's a tale for a different time.

The worst physical pain I felt, ever, was when I was walking home with my mother and siblings one day. We had went to the park, but on the way we stopped at this little blue candy shop, bought some candy, grape soda (which is the soda we only wanted to drink when outside) and some chalk. When we left the park we were heading down a hill. It was all jagged, lumpy with rocks, puddled with mud and decorated by painful looking acorns and bushes. I ran ahead, not listening to my mother's "not too fast" and fell all the way down. I was rolling and rolling and rolling, hitting every rock down (I was 8! 8!), rolling onto all the acorns and through the needle bushes and then into a puddle of mud. I stood, dazed, and was like "not that bad, actually" but then I took a step and I felt like a friggin' mack truck hit me! Everywhere on my body was red, swollen and painful to touch or look at. I didn't cry though, 'cause I wasn't a crier when it came to pain (never really feel it actually). lol

There is probably something a lot more painful I can't recall right now (very tired and in a pain at the moment, so my mind is impaired at the moment xD). :hmm:

When I was about three, my dad put his cup of coffee on the floor and not looking, I sat on it. :gasp:

Hah, hah. Very funny. I can see you laughing now.:ahmed: But it wasn't funny at all, it was 3rd degree burns, and had to take a cold bath and shower and was crying in pain, and it hurt to sit down for months because of the injury, and standing up for hours sucks. :mokken:

There are actually a few times, I can't pick which was worse :sad3:

1. Me, my borthers and sister were playing Baseball with my Dad and I was sitting out and the ball flew out of the playing field and hit me right in the eye; it hurt pretty bad, but I didn't cry (Surprisingly...?)

My eye was swollen for weeks and bruised for a month.

2. Then there's that time when I flew off the front my bike seriously twisted my wrist and ripped my knee open, it hurt really bad too... 3:

3. This has to be the scariest one, I was cleaning my room a few weeks ago and the dish for the cable fell off my TV and it me right in the back of my head, I blacked out for like 2 seconds and felt warm liquid rushing down my face when I woke up, blood, if you hadn't guessed :gasp:

It was only so scary because I knew Cali was gonna beat the crap outta me for getting hurt but lucky she felt too bad and babied me :griin:

4. There was also this time where me and my siblings made a sort of catapult out of a plank of wood we found, me, my oldest brother and a sister; said sister jumped on it and teeter tottered me right in the chin; I blacked out and next thing I know I was being carried into the house by my bro.

Well, there was this one time when I was in primary school, I can't have been more than 9 years old at the time, and me and my class were playing hockey in the school playground after school day was over. It was part of a sports club, so we weren't using the plastic hockey sticks, rather the really hard thick wooden ones. And through a combination of me having my head too low, and another boy swinging his hockey stick too high, it got swung right into my face. He was a big kid kid as well, and I was kind of short back then, it knocked me right over. Following that, I had a pretty bad black eye and a minor skull fracture. I can't remember all too much about it, but it was extremely painful, and it took forever for it to heal properly. Even today, 11 years later or so, the bone structure around my left eye feels weird.

There was another time, probably about 5 or 6 years ago, me and my family had rented one of those nice holiday houses in France for a few days, it had a pool and everything. Beside the pool were these big heavy ornamental rocks, probably about the size of a human head. I kept jumping in the deep end, and getting out the other side, and eventually as I was running to the deep end to dive again, not looking where I was going, my foot went full force into one of the rocks, breaking 3 toes in the process. Couldn't walk properly for most of the summer after that, with my foot not being able to take weight, used a wheelchair for a bit in France, and crutches later on.

... And lastly there was one very embarrassing incident about 2 years and bit ago when I got extremely drunk and into an argument with a good friend, which I got so frustrated at I ended up punching a wall, because that seemed a sensible thing to do at the time. Since it was more recent, I can remember that more vividly than the other 2 events, and that was excruciating, turned out I fractured my knuckle in doing that.

the wisdom tooth debacle was a nightmare, that one was definately up there

as was falling of that house and knocking out a tooth, which wasnt so bad in itself (well, it was) but the whole having to wire the tooth back in had me in agony for days

My tooth issues have always casue great pain.

THe worst though would be child birth, with each passing contraction it just got more painful, and they were at regular few minute intervals from the word OOOOOOOH :gonk:

Then several hours later they broke my waters and that pain escalated to pain Ive never known, that little graph fucker went off the scale

then just to add insult to injury I was scalpeled open from arse to lady bits WITHOUT PAIN RELIEF :rage:

edit* OSHIT migraines :rage:

Holy crap, Ive learnt the warning signs in recent years so ive not had a full on one for years, though ive had them coming on, which is bad enough, as soon as my vision goes I know i need to go get in bed with pain killers or am fucked

When i w2as younger though id be bed ridden for a good week, puking up, crying and in pain, Im more light sensitive, though every sound still felt like a hammer to the inside of my skull

Thats some bad fucking shite, the emergency doctor got called out everytime becyase my mum always thought i was dying :wacky:

Back