The strongest pain you've felt?

ha, well getting this thread back in the limelight sure was timely. Actually I'd say I just experienced the most painful thing I've ever felt a few days ago. I've developed a condition (I'll spare you the scientific name) where basically my kneecap is out of place and it makes the muscle around it swell up and that pushes the kneecap farther out of place. Went to the doc and he put me on meds and an exercise routine, but it was definitely one of those "it gets worse before it gets better" kind of things. The night after doing the exercises for the first time I woke up and found the kneecap was way out of place and honestly it felt like it was on fire. And my leg was rigid. And if I tried to bend it I felt like it would break right in half. I can definitely understand the term 'mind numbing pain' now :damon:

Well, it's a toss up between three:

1. When I broke my ankle.
2. When I had pneumonia.
3. When I had cramps so bad I nearly passed out and had to be carried to the student health office. They are typically on a scale of 5-9, but they can get excruciating.

Pain sucks! The worst I ever felt was when I broke a wisdom tooth ,the whole side of my face was on fire with pain and agony from it.Needless to say I went and got that thing ripped out of my head with the others,tooth pain is some of the worst sh#t ever!There is that and I broke my thumb,the tooth hurt worst than that did.

My wisdom teeth growing in my mouth in all the wrong directions. The surgery to remove them and afterwards was pure bliss compared to when they first started growing, endless pain and headaches I was avoiding food and talking like the plague.

I was in the United States Army, and while in Iraq my vehicle was blown up by a roadside bomb. The explosion was so loud and the concussion was so horrific that it knocked me out for a good 15 minutes. when I woke up my head hurt so bad that I couldn't walk for a couple days. something I never wanted to experience again, but did at least 10 times while i was there for the 15 months.

I'm not a masochist but generally I prefer to not use anesthesia of any kind when going to the dentist. I had that put on me once two decades ago as a child and basically I'd rather take an hour of pretty excruciating pain as opposed to the day or two of not being able to sleep or do simple things like eating properly, because my face feels weird. That said I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, and if it's "logical pain", as in the kind of pain I know is caused by something and I know that it will pass, it's pretty easy to take. What hurts most is the pain you don't really understand well.

Strangely enough, removing calculus is actually more painful than good old fashioned cavity drilling in my opinion. The doctor didn't let me get my wisdom tooth removed without some anesthetic, so he put on some local gel and told me to take ibuprofen an hour before surgery. I will say that the removal really really goddamn hurt, and by that point I didn't want to back out although she asked should we continue due to the pain that was probably pretty visible to her. In hindsight, it's a pretty good idea to get at least a painkiller shot before teeth removal :)

Oh and sorry for ruining the appetite of many with this, but what I perceived to hurt as most was when after the teeth removal, I got a wrong set of antibiotics and they broke my stomach lining. Violent cramps and pretty much shitting blood was pretty horrific. Then again, I don't really know was it the actual pain or the sensation of it, or the sheer horror of excreting blood and not really knowing are you going to be ok.

The most pain I have ever experienced was back when I had my wisdom teeth removed (all 4 of them). Surgery went fine, but I believe I was changing my gauze too frequently and ended up dislodging the blood clots that were supposed to be forming where my teeth were removed. I then developed dry sockets. Worst. Pain.Ever. I remember not being able to even open my mouth to call in to work and let them know I couldn't come in. Plus, this whole ordeal ruined my once undying love for bacon. For whatever reason, I couldn't get the damn taste of burnt bacon out of my mouth. :brooding:

My friend once put a gardening fork through my foot. By accident, we were digging up the garden and I was shouting at my brother for smashing up the path with a pickaxe. Next thing, immense pain. The fork bounced back against the rubber of my trainers, but it'd gone through my middle toe, knocked the bone, then come out the bottom.

I knew I should have gone to my grandfather's funeral...

For me it was pure misery and not true pain. Yea I have had some painful moments but nothing compared to others in this thread.

A little over a year ago 2 days after Xmas I came down with a horrible stomach virus where i could not keep any type of fluid or food down for than 15 seconds not even exaggerating. I would drink some water and at the most keep it down for 10 minutes before throwing it right back up. I became dehydrated and my entire body went numb which scared the hell out of me. I couldn't walk, move my fingers or anything I was basically paralyzed from dehydration. I was taken to a local ER and then transferred to a true hospital by ambulance which they kept me in for a week through new years with a IV in my arm and it was pure torture. Only people I let visit was my mom and step-dad because I did not want anyone seeing me in that shape besides close family. It took me 2 weeks before I could eat any type of real food. By far the worst and scariest moment of my life and I would not wish that type of virus or dehydration on anyone.

It's weird, because when i look back, I don't think or remember the pain I've been in....

I haven't really broken anything expect.. I did smash my pinky toe in a door and that was pretty bad.

I did have surgery, but that was when i was wee liddle and I have no idea how much pain it actually was.

A few months ago I had bad cramping. So extreme, to where I couldn't even move and my body was all stiff.

That's about all I have for what I can recently recall.

Well, up until a month or so ago, the strongest pain I ever had was pulling my hamstring during football practice in 8th grade. That was absolutely awful. I could barely move and it was absolutely miserable. I remember being out of practice for damn near a month. Thankfully it happened during 2 a days so I didnt miss any games.

But that pain was easily eclipsed when I had not 1, but 2 gallbladder attacks due to having gall stones. Within 5 days of each other. I remember the 1st one it happened at around 12 am, and I was up until 730 am puking like a faucet. I had so much pain in my back and my stomach. It was unbearable to lay down, and the night seemed to just drag on. I almost called the squad that night because I didnt know what the problem was. I took Tums, that didnt work. I looked up methods online of helping with Acid Reflux, none of them helped. I thought it was my Acid Reflux because we had coney dogs that night.
Nope.

I went into the hospital 3 times within a week because they were doing bloodwork tests and all that fun stuff. They wanted to wait on taking out my gallbladder because was too young, they said..... Thankfully my family doctor wasn't having any of that shit and she got me into a surgeon right away and my gallbladder was taken out.

That was absolutely miserable. I had to have 4 incisions, I got 10 staples, and I had a drain that I had to keep in for awhile.

The drain was painful as fuck too when it came out. I remember the nurse telling me to take a deep breath and that I'd feel something weird.
That fucking thing took my breath away and for about 10 seconds I was in pain, and it was hard to breathe. It went away quickly though, and I immediately felt 1000x better.

Yeah, the gallbladder attacks, and the drain was absolutely no joke.

It's always about my eyes. Whenever I have something wrong with my eyeballs it usually debilitates me. It will start up front and then the pain will stretch for days into the back of my head. I will lay on the couch, I will do nothing with myself. At least with a bad knee, teeth/gums, arms or any other body part I can be functional enough, but I get my eyes messed up.. I get to be a royal ass hat.

Getting a car door slammed on my hand when i was a kid is the most painful memory i can recall, i don't remember who did it but it wasn't pleasant at all.
The only other moment i can remember that was comes close to that is when a kid slammed my head against a tree, my ear got damaged slightly. I would've returned the favor and then some but i was too much of a coward then to fight back.

I've broken my wrist, dislocated my ankle a few times, cut my eye and was in an eye patch for 3 weeks, while working on a 18-wheeler I slipped on the pass. front tire, shoved a stud through the side of my wrist and had to yank it off to get down (meat was hanging out... nasty), torn cartilage in my knee, and cut from under my eyebrow about 2 inches up on my forehead (cool scar that one) along with various stitched up places..... but my worst pain.... It was a sneeze..... Back in my later teenage years a friend and I were in a wreak, a bad one. We were riding wayyyyy to fast at night and it was raining. We flipped that Ext. cab Ranger 3 times, and down the 15 foot embankment we went, hit a tree when we went down backwards, that truck was the size of a VW beetle when we stopped moving. My top half was thrown out the back glass. Still remember looking up at the stars, dazed, with the rain hitting my face before I slid myself back into the truck, can't remember much from that night, and still don't. just my hands sinking in the mud while trying to climb back up to the road, sitting against a wall in some house, and again being screamed at in an ambulance not to go to sleep. I had a concussion, separated ribs, dislocated left shoulder (from hitting the sliding glass brace in the back glass, only reason I didn't fly all the way out), fractured sternum, banged up knee, and lost 1/3 of the hearing in my left ear. despite all the injuries, adrenaline was flowing and made it manageable, 12 hours later.... finally I'm allowed to sleep. Day 2, I can barely move now, adrenaline is gone and the pain is real. I sat up, finally stood to go the the bathroom...... and sneeze. I've never cried through any injury, not even the wreak. I fell to my knees and the room almost went dark, that sneeze made me cry. It felt as if my body was being torn apart from the inside. I remember the tears welling up in my eyes, I'm trying to not make a noise or even a sound because even breathing hurt.. that sneeze was the worst physical pain I've even felt. I wish I had just passed out.

When I was eight or nine I was messing with some cords connected to my TV which was on a double shelf hanging from a wall and fell.
My stomach hit the end board of my bed so hard it knocked the wind completely out of me and I felt like I needed to puke but nothing would come out.
I tried to scream for someone and I just gasped for air.
I started to cry but it wasn't because of pain more because I felt like no one would check on me in time and
I couldn't breath I thought I'd run out of breath and I honestly thought in those moments I was going to die.
I finally got some energy, some will and I pushed myself up and took a deep breath.
I was terrified but felt so accomplished cheating death. Whether I actually would have died or not wasn't the point,
it was the fact I overcame what I felt at the time was a life threatening event.

Back