The strongest pain you've felt?

I wanna add to this again, i've had a killer headache all day it will not let up..... maybe im due, maybe i have an alien in my head. I need some tablets and i need my bed :( xx

Getting kicked in the shins. No matter how much force you kick with you just feel like crying for those few tormenting moments.

I'm not going to say my "most painful" experience because it would literally send chills down many people's spines...so I'll say my second most painful experience.

I was in a car accident about 5 or so years ago and at the accident site I was fine. The next morning I woke up and I couldn't move my head sideways to even reach for a piece of toilet paper when I was in the bathroom. I could barely look both ways at stop signs/lights when driving. My doctor said I had a cervical strain, which is worse than a sprain because it involves muscles and tendon at the injury site. It was a long painful road with physical therapy and meds. You never really realize how much you use your neck until you injure it. I remember my head feeling like 20 pounds sitting on my neck after 10am every morning because the muscles were tired of having that weight to hold up. For 3 years afterwords my neck would constantly crack and grind. I'm sure I'll have arthritis in it when I get older.

Honorable mentions would be spraining my knee after falling on ice one winter and the first 6 or so months after I had my first period. The cramps when you first get it are absolutely RIDICULOUS and UNBEARABLE. Men are pretty lucky in that aspect, compared to women.

It's probably a tie between:

1) When they tried to scrape a scab out of my ear that's been there for over two years where the area's nice and inflamed and very sensitive. Couldn't move my head either or they would've poked my brain. Or so they said. :dry:

2) I recently discovered the wonder of coughing so much that you pull muscles. Had to sleep on my side whimpering and teared up. Never felt more manly in my life. :awesome:

ive been nailed in the forehead with a baseball bat and been hit by a car so :monster:

ive also accidentally stabbed my hand before too, but i cant remember how it happened. i think i was playing with action figures and i was trying to pop a tire on a toy motorcyle

edit: in the past ive also had some very bad ear infections. the pain you have when you get an ear infection is kind of like the feeling you get when you tried to squeeze one of your testicles that one time to see how much it could hurt.

but in your ear.

Honestly? When I was going to get braces, and had to get an expander. the thingy that sits in the top of your mouth, and you push a key and it moves your teeth outward. The first time i had to do the key and expand it, we couldnt get it all the way, and it hurt like HELL. only time i've cried myself to sleep from physical pain. >_<

It's either jumping on a matress, about 9 feet high, not knowing there was ice under it, and twisting my ankle. Stepping on a rusty nail. Or I know....... Getting hit in the head with a golf club, right above my left eye. Had to get 5 stitches, all I can see was blood

Probably when I ran full speed into a barbed wire fence. I was racing with some friends of mine to a house, and I took a shortcut through a corn field. It was dark outside, and my eyes weren't good to begin with. I never saw the fence coming.

I got all torn up. I was so surprised by the hit, that I didn't actually feel the pain until a good minute after it happened. Once I noticed I was soaked in blood, my brain recognized that I should probably be in pain. Not cool.

Possibly the abdominal pains I had when my appendix went sour, since I couldn't move at all. But I can't honestly remember that, since I was only six years old.

That I can remember...when my leg fucked up. It started in my knee, and then slowly spread out across my right leg...which swelled to about half again the size of the other one, and putting any weight on it at all was AGONY...and I was going to College for about a week with it, which involved walking to the train station, up and down a bridge, then all across the campus...then back again. All very slowly. I barely slept because of it, and just trying to straighten it even a fraction was horrendous. I still get twinges of phantom pain sometimes, and it makes me shiver just thinking about it...

agh so many things to say, but the most painful would have to be when I got surgery on my right arm after breaking it in one of my matchs, I must say though my right arm is alot stronger than it used to be ;)

well, you've gone piqued my interest now :mokken:

Rofl. :wacky:

I knew someone was going to say that. Lets just say its a spot where there's like a hundred nerve endings and so being hurt there is like a death-blow that leaves you dizzy and almost unconscious :damon:

I'll never forget that pain...ever.

I jammed my thumb in the change drawer at work.

It's a heavy drawer, designed to shut itself when no one has it held open. I was closing it and somehow my finger was in the way and you need to slam it shut so it locks properly and so I slammed it right on my thumb. >.<

I hadn't eaten anything all day and so as soon as I did it I felt sick. A pang of pain shot through my stomach and made me feel like I might throw up and faint.

Lucky our pharmacy is connected to a medical centre and so I got to go and lay down on a bed until I felt better.

It truly was the worst pain ever. The nail was so bruised afterwards. :sad3:

About 5 years ago, I was out canoeing with a couple friends and the canoe tipped over. Nothing really big; happens all the time. So we get the canoe flipped back over and we're about to try getting back into it when one of the other guys points out that we've got a few rapids in front of us; we decide to wait until after. Well I happened to be in front of the canoe. The rapids seemed normal; You couldn't tell there were any rocks at all under the white water nor did the water break liek there was. But still as I'm swimming there, I end up on top of a rock.

At first, I'm like 'oh shit' cause the canoe could stick there. So I'm trying to get a decent foothold in case said canoe does beach itself there like Hal does on Austrailia's coast occasionally. Well before I can even start doing that, the canoe comes and I've still got a leg on that side. At some point while I was getting off said rock, the canoe when sideways so when it hit the rock it was guaranteed to be on my leg.

Normally that might be an 'ow;' its a 30 lbs canoe after all. But because of the rapids, it hit at an angle and slid up my leg a bit, scraping it badly in the process. But the pain doesn't end there. The angle its now at, makes it susceptible to the water to just come right in and fill up the canoe. So now this 30 lbs canoe is rapidly becaomign a 250 lb canoe that a river is now practically shoving on my leg, with the bottom ridge of the canoe right on my leg. So its liek 300-350 lbs of pressure on my leg in a single line.

Needless to say, I was pissed and in a shitload of pain. The stream of assorted curses that were screamed at an eardrum shattering volume caused quite the commotion, being heard at one of the drop off points some 1/4 mile down stream.

Honestly, I'm surprised my leg didn't break from that....

Why i'm even telling everyone about this i'll never know but anyway, i would say the time i slipped off the second floor of a boat and landed on the railing of the one to the left of it. Was not pleasant whatsoever, i didn't cry but it hurt like hell i'll tell you what.

When I was 5, being a curious idiot, I got my index finger stuck in a can of tomato sauce. It took multiple people to get my finger out of that dang can, and when we got it out we saw it was bleeding like crazy. We went to the hospital that same night, and I honestly don't remember anything after seeing the outside of the hospital and saying I was all better, while still bleeding.

When I was 15, my parents were arguing, as usual, and I retreated to my room to draw stuff. I did so in a bad posture, in my bed, and ended up with my left shoulder inflamed. I felt only a little pain right after getting off said posture, but as time passed the pain started to grow. The next day I was literally squirming in pain.

I know the doctor that helped me thought I had done "other things" with that arm, but, believe it or not, the cause was an extended period of time in a bad posture, as strange as it may sound.

Four years ago I got really bad cellulitis in my left leg. I don't know how I got it either, it was a complete mystery. I couldn't walk without pain and I couldn't get out of bed because the gravity of my leg going down put too much stress on my leg causing some serious pain. I almost ended up in Hospital on Christmas because I couldn't get out of bed; even to go to the loo. I did end up going to Hospital and ended up having needles and crap in my arms and legs and all sort of shit for about a month.

Never again.

I had a pretty serious ear infection once. Sounds like nothing but it felt like someone was pushing a knife into my brain, it was horrific. Other than that, someone deliberately stamping on my broken foot has to be up there :ahmed:

Back in August, I was working the closing shift at Wal-Mart. I was on my own that night, but I didn't mind. Produce isn't a difficult position to handle solo as long as you are able to keep up.

Now, our fruits and veg come in plastic RPC crates. Normally, these crates have a button or a latch that you can undo and the crate will collapse on itself once empty.

All except the damn Iceberg Lettuce crates. There is no latch, button, or anything on those things. In order to collapse the crate, one needs to strike the sides in with quite a bit of force.

I was putting out some lettuce and just as I was closing up the empty crate, a customer distracted me with a question about the very crate I was using. I looked up just as I had struck the crate and I wasn't paying attention to where my other hand was. The side of the crate was wedged between my thumb and its nail, easily ripping it up, but not entirely out.

No doubt, I had a pained expression on my face, but the customer commented on how strong I reacted to such damage. I merely replied with, "Someone has to be," before darting off to the back room. If it wasn't for the gloves I wore, I would have been trailing blood all the way back to the sink. With my nerves overloaded with pain, I felt nauseous. However, I managed to clean off a good amount of the blood, fetch a bandage out of my pocket med kit, and secure the nail before heading straight for the managers' office.

At least the nail is growing back now.

Back