[Tutorial] Creating GIFs

See what you started Micci :wacky:

Well, thank you for putting up this glorious tut.

I knew how to make GIFs, but all I needed was a decent video clipping program. And for this, I thank you :ryan:

Cheers.

; ___ ;

Thank you sooooo much for making this! I've been wanting to make gifs for ages, but most of the tuts i've read were kind of hard for me to understand.

Here's my lame result:

genie-snsd-gif-unedit.gif

Edited Version:

genie-snsd-gif.gif

Once again, thank you very much for making this!~

Rep+
I wanna do lighting to mine, but every time I try it doesn't work. I make sure to click the layers the way you say to. But no matter what it doesn't work.

help? :gonk:

Coco

I wanna do lighting to mine, but every time I try it doesn't work. I make sure to click the layers the way you say to. But no matter what it doesn't work.

help? :gonk:

Coco

One standard method to do is to click one frame (the one on the leftmost or topmost portion) hold shift and click the frame furthest in the opposite direction to select all frames. I think ctrl + a works too. Or select all.

Once they're all selected you should be able to edit or apply changes, etc.

GIMP also has limited native gif editing. That may work easier for some. :T

I usually use Sony Vegas to "create" gifs. Can't say my gifs come out looking too nice. Not without a lot of effort on my part. :x

Yeah, I do that. But when I put down colors to change the lighting or something it looks all screwey. :hmmm:

Did that. :hmmm: I've tried every sort of lighting. The only thing that works in black and white.

Did that. :hmmm: I've tried every sort of lighting. The only thing that works in black and white.

On effects when it has hue, saturation, and other assorted settings with slider bars or boxes with numbers... Try the lowest value. Or the middle value.

If there's a preview option [x].

Beyond that I'm clueless. :hal:

edit: Posting a screenshot might help.

Back