What the hell is Quina?

S/he's a member of the Qu race. :D

FF Wiki points out some obvious (but forgettable facts):
+ Quina can equip female-only equipment like Lamia's Tiara, while s/he cannot equip the Pearl Rouge.
+ Quina is affected by the Lamia's "Entice" ability, like all male characters.
+ If Quina is weakened, Zidane will not take damage in place of him/her with his "Protect Girls" ability like he does to Garnet, Freya, and Eiko.

Whatever it is, Quina has really awesome blue magic skills. I had him/her/it in my party quite a lot.

+ Quina can equip female-only equipment like Lamia's Tiara, while s/he cannot equip the Pearl Rouge.
+ If Quina is weakened, Zidane will not take damage in place of him/her with his "Protect Girls" ability like he does to Garnet, Freya, and Eiko.

Whatever it is, Quina has really awesome blue magic skills. I had him/her/it in my party quite a lot.
Quina is a hermaphordite/crossdresser.

/end thread

lol yeah that pretty much answers....... i think shes just a really funny awesome character... genderless and fun. :) although she doesn't like heights :( xx

I tend to think of Quina as female. Lets point out the part where Quina is married to Vivi if you go that route. Maybe they were trying to balance Zidane penchant for going after some hot tail but that's the only glimpse of potential homosexuality in the game. Well, besides the fact that Kuja looks like a chick. And I think any man here would tap that if we didn't know what was hiding behind that metal codpiece.

Or the classic stereotype that women belong in the kitchen making a damn sandwich. Now I don't know about Quina's ability to make a sandwich but its spend a hell of a lot of time in the kitchen.

Joking aside, Quina is female. It makes sense.

i would say she a woman... cuz like others have said she spends alot of time in the kicken also... the marrying vivi part... i don't think vivi would marry a man now XD sooo yep woman for me :wacky:

Hmm see I've always thought of Quina as a boy, not sure why, he just gives off a boy vibe to me. Although s/he is really just an it. It has never had it's gender revealed that I know of. So there isn't really an answer to give other than s/he is a It or s/he.

Despite the fact Quina is obviously genderless, for some reason I always thought of Quina as a girl but Quale as a guy, which is odd seeing as they are nearly identical in appearance. Maybe it was because Vivi mentioned Quale looked like his grandfather. Quina is actually called 'him' a few points in the games, though that might be down to translation, or something. The idea of a character being genderless always seemed strange to me, since Vivi is clearly referred to as a 'he', and to his 'sons' despite Black Mages having no females, which would effectively make Black Mages genderless as well, since the concept of a gender only makes sense if there are two genders to begin with. But yeah, at the end of the day, Quina is apparently genderless, there isn't enough reason to assume otherwise.

I actually always picture Quina as a girl ;p Just something about the clothes. Also marrying Vivi, and cooking as someone said is pretty girlish.

Quina is my dad. Tubby, always cooking, addicted to food, is a chef, and always saying strange things. Always wearing a chef outfit. Said that keeping a frog would be a good pet. -__-

Lol I love Quina. S/he's such a nice, uh.. Qu. I'd stick with genderless for him, seeing as s/he's always referred to as "s/he" and "him". I really like how s/he always makes allusions to food, as like "There two types of things in world: things you can eat and things you no can eat" and that nearly EVERYTHING s/he says regards food. Although I can't take off my head the concept of Quale as a male, even though s/he is also genderless as all Qus.

Quina is totally a chick. I never saw her/it as a boy. Quina has been the topic of a bunch of convos for me and Mom, arguing about what she is. I personally see her as a girl. The whole Vivi thing seemed to work honestly. Meh... Either way, Quina is pretty damn awesome, and that's what matters most.

Quina reminded me of a chef, and I typically viewed 'it' as male. :hmmm: The pink and blue clothes never seemed to contradict that either. :lew: Quina is quirky and unique and slightly childish. In my interpretation, the colours reflected that as opposed to its gender. :)

I have always had a soft spot for dear Quina! =)

The first time I ran across Quina this is all I could think of.

super-mario-rpg-mallow-artwork-big.jpg

Cant be unseen....

Quina is a qu... perhaps a qu doesn't reproduce sexually? There's a lot of non-human characters in the game. Kinda makes me wonder how a malboro would reproduce.

Let's not talk about Malboro biology...something tells me it's going to go down a path no one will follow.

As for Qu's...well you got me, I assume they reproduce asexually...but how they do it is what bugs me.

No idea. I would say a "feminine him"? But that's only like 51% sure. I can't even think of a species that Quina is similar too, that's how off the wall its character is. It is definitely one of the great FF mysteries SquareSoft left open for us.

Back