Drive-Thru or Go Inside?

Moogles

Tauros and Probopass <3
Veteran
Gil
When you go out to grab some fast food, how do you prefer to order? Do you go through the drive-thru window? Or do you park your car, drag your ass inside the restaurant, and order it to go?

I would prefer the drive-thru window; however, I always run into hardships whenever I go through it. I've driven off after paying without stopping at the second window to get my food. I've even wrecked my car in the drive-thru line. Temporary lapse of driving ability on my part.

Anywho! In turn, I tend to go inside to order now.

I'm not too fond of drive-thrus. One time, someone actually went into reverse and backed into me...as if perhaps she changed her mind and wanted to back through a line of three cars and get out. I'm not sure...I'll never forget how her nipples were pointing in two different directions when she got out to talk to me. But that's a different story...traumatic, nonetheless.

I went for a Mexican Pizza at Taco Smell a few months back and (I always pull over and check to make sure my order was done right) it looked like someone stomped on it, spit on it, drove over it, etc. I went back in to get a new one and realized that the entire order counter was sheilded behind a bullet proof window. I never went back to that neighborhood for fake Mexican food...

I can never understand the people over the voicebox thing in drivethroughs. Seems they have the same problem though as ive had the wrong order plenty times.
Sayin that i rarely ever grab fast food at all. Theres not really anywhere ive been to where ive found the food anything better than i can eat at home.
Its easier to just sit in i think. You can eat at a table and put everything down and all that. Fast food doesnt stay hot long so taking the drive through and eating it when you get home isnt really worth it, and re-heating is out of the question.
Eating in a car is a pain. Easier to just sit down in the 'restaraunt' and have your meal. Dont have to worry about spillages or mess either.

I can never understand the people over the voicebox thing in drivethroughs.

I have this same problem yet I continue to go through the drivethrough. :wacky:

I prefer to go through the drivethrough unless there's a really long line. Then it's just easier to go inside. I don't really eat fast food but I used to stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee quite a bit on my way to work. It's usually quicker to go through the drivethrough for something like that.

There is the issue of having trouble understanding the person over the speaker though. And this seems to be an issue at every single dunkin donuts I've ever been to. I was just there today and it took forever for the woman to get my order. And I was only ordering an iced coffee. Then when I drove up to the window, she asked what I had ordered. :dave:

Well not a lot of places here in Greece have drive-trus so I almost always go inside. I kinda like it better too, since it's not as stressful and I can take as much time as I want to ponder over what I'll get.

And when I visit any of my fav chinese places, I get to inhale all that awesome jumble of oriental fewd being made and it almost puts a grin on my face before I even get my caramel chicken+noodles |D

That's one of my main complaints with drive-thrus. You feel rushed to make up your mind and order. Granted, drive-thrus seem to be meant for people who know beforehand what they want, but still. I like being able to browse for a moment of two before deciding.

Also, I feel like my order is more commonly screwed up when I order at the drive-thru. When I go inside to order, things go more smoothly.

I don't go for fast food regularly, but since I can't drive I would rather go into the place and order there.

I'd feel a bit of an idiot sat in a car trying to make sense of a muffled voice, and then trying to shout my own mumbled voice back at them. Argors don't shout :sad2:. Communication with me is tricky at the best of times, but it would be 100x worse on those things.

Also there is the problem of not really being able to stop the car to look long at the menu to choose what you would like. I hate feeling rushed. I simply panic and my mind would freeze, so I'd end up with something stupid and hastily selected. Inside I would be free enough to compose my wits and look clearly and slightly more confidently at the menu. :hmmm:Not that it's rocket science or anything, but still... Crazy minds are crazy. :woot:

So I would much rather go into a place. I'd also much rather eat it in the place too, since I dislike cold food, and I dislike eating in an open environment (like a random wall or bench) even more.

I'm not one of those people who go to fast food restaurants very often anyway because I'm continuously mindful of calories despite the lack of any real need to. Also, is it bad if I admit in here that I've never had a drive-thru before, and neither have my parents? It's one of those things where you see so many other people do it, yet you've never really done it yourself for no real reason. I mean, I'd love to try it out at least once just to say that I've had a drive-thru before (even if it is mainly McDonald's which I'm not a huge big fan of to be honest), but I'm not comfortable with the idea of eating in the car or waiting until I get home, because if I'm having fast food anyway, it usually means I'm in town or heading towards town. I rarely - if ever - suddenly decide to pop out for some fast food. If I am getting fast food, then I would prefer to just sit down, eat it there and then finish. At least when I'm inside I can browse their menu boards above the counter and see if they've added in anything new or changed something. Besides, I don't really know what they have on the back of my hand and I've even found myself at one point forgetting what on earth a Big Mac even was. :wacky:

I never go in drive thru's unless I really have to!!

They always get your order wrong and then you've already driven off before you realise and it's hard getting the money out while sitting in your car and then sometimes you drop it because the retard in the window doesn't stretch their hand out enough so you have to open your door to pick up the change.

I just park my car, go inside and order it that way, pretty much just as fast as a drive -thru if you ask me :)

I'm the jack ass that counts his tacos in the drive through, if they have a problem with drive through, they they shouldn't even be a fast food chain. I agree often times taking orders and screwing stuff up is common, but when it's your only job you should be a damn perfectionist at it.

So I'm not going to waste my time going inside because often times it will take longer inside these days. Fast food restaurants should pride themselves on their drives-thrus.

Also, I feel like my order is more commonly screwed up when I order at the drive-thru. When I go inside to order, things go more smoothly.

Same here. Somehow whenever i go to a Burger King or *shudders* Taco-Bell,
somehow, someway, the window-help always finds a way to fuck up my order.
I usually don't use the drive-thru(when I do I usually am in a hurry to get somewhere and don't have time to go inside), but whenever i do use the damn thing i never get exactly what i order.

Then again, at the burger king i go to they have numbered receipt that they use when i go inside to eat(which makes everything sooo much easier) so that when/if they do fuck up my order, i can just shove my ticket in their stupid faces and ask them for the correct thing that i have on my receipt.

I usually try to go in and pick up my take outs. I figure I might as well burn a few calories before I go and prepare to indulge in something that will add quite a few more to my system :wacky:

I usually use the drive thru when its winter and its like -20 outside....I hate being cold and leaving my warm car. ...so thats about the only time I'll ever allow myself to be lazy. Plus I hate when they make you pull forward to wait for your food while you waste all of your gas in your car. It saves me just a bit of gas money by just going in :dave:

I also prefer going inside, I just find it easier and generally quicker because A: multiple people can be served at the same time and B: If someone is taking a while to make up their mind the staff can serve someone else.

I hate going through the drive through when there are several people in the car, figuring out how much change everyone gets is annoying.

I would rather walk in and get my food. Too many times I have gone through drive through and have; not been able to understand the person over the intercom, not been able to hear the person over the intercom, or they get my order wrong. At least if I go inside I can check to make sure they got everything right.

I always use the drive-through not many places here have those stupid box things so you are actually talking to a person you can see. Also you can listen to music and smoke while your are waiting. Also you don't have to wait around other people.

If it's late at night and I just wanna go back home then I always just go through the drive through.

Usually late at night I'm in daggy clothes and would never dare get out to order food.

The only time I usually go into the restuarant and sit down is if it's really hot and I just want to sit in the air con and eat.

I'm not one of those people who go to fast food restaurants very often anyway because I'm continuously mindful of calories despite the lack of any real need to. Also, is it bad if I admit in here that I've never had a drive-thru before, and neither have my parents? It's one of those things where you see so many other people do it, yet you've never really done it yourself for no real reason. I mean, I'd love to try it out at least once just to say that I've had a drive-thru before (even if it is mainly McDonald's which I'm not a huge big fan of to be honest), but I'm not comfortable with the idea of eating in the car or waiting until I get home, because if I'm having fast food anyway, it usually means I'm in town or heading towards town. I rarely - if ever - suddenly decide to pop out for some fast food. If I am getting fast food, then I would prefer to just sit down, eat it there and then finish. At least when I'm inside I can browse their menu boards above the counter and see if they've added in anything new or changed something. Besides, I don't really know what they have on the back of my hand and I've even found myself at one point forgetting what on earth a Big Mac even was. :wacky:

My answer is pretty much this lol. Althought instead of going into town i normally get something on my way out. I get the munchies bad lol. And im a milkshake whore so if i ever go in its rarely for a full meal.

This thread is making me hungry lol. xx

I like the drive through much more, because I have been scarred from going inside the fast food stores, on several accounts; this one time I went in to a Taco Bell by myself while my family went elsewhere and this guy was in front of me (no big deal) but he let me ahead and kept getting really close and tried to touch me a few time >.> and this other time with my mom this guy comes out of the restrooms and wasting no time he comes up to us and asks for some money (I though we were gonna get robbed...)

So yeah, definitely the drive through for this gal. I don't really like fast food stores much anymore though; I used to like Long John Silvers < but they import from bad Fish companies who support seal clubbing, I hate McDonalds completely, Burger King < Ew -- I really only like Taco Bell now, and going there is rare. I prefer cooking for myself.:olivia:

Drive thru.

I always know what I'm ordering before I go, so I never have to worry about looking at the menu.

If they mess up my order I just tell them while I'm still there. Once they get everything Good, I'll be off.

Back