Final Fantasy VII-2 News.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starships

Zero Gravity
Veteran
Gil
Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase has spoken about the tantalising prospect of making Final Fantasy VII-2.
Asked whether Square Enix might make a direct sequel to the much loved game PSone game, FF XIII-2 producer and VII director Yoshinori Kitase told CVG's E3 agents:

"It would have to be really big budget title. It would take a long time and a lot of money to make that. We would be interested given the opportunity, but obviously we'd have to see, round up the best staff, and we'd have to look at the situation in the market to see if it's good timing for us... At the moment we've got no plans... We might do it."

Last March, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada said that the Japanese publisher was considering a remake of the fan favourite game, which was released digitally on PSN in 2009.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...n-final-fantasy-vii-2-needs-to-be-big-budget/

But I thought that Advent Children was Final Fantasy VII-2 ?? :hmm:

I think this piece of news was posted here earlier:
http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/showthread.php?t=48462&page=11

Regardless, after numerous fake/dilly-dally news about FFVII, especially the recent one, I can hardly take this seriously. But if they are going to confirm 100% in an official statement that they are remaking or continuing FFVII, I am quite looking forward to it.

they made 2 more games and a movie and the game is on the PSN...
This sounds like another "yeah not going happen till were done with all of our other titles" kinda deal. They have Versus, Phase-0 XIII-2 Dragon Quest X, Tomb Raider, and all the other stuff, they aren't going make anything FFVII related till they get all these games out on the shelves to say the least. He didn't even say he wanted to make a VII-2 so I'm going call this a rumor till otherwise heard from again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back