Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Halo 4 was just revealed at the microsoft E3 press conference

Master Chief has returned. Microsoft has announced Halo 4, the much awaited sequel to 2007′s Halo 3, for release on Xbox 360 in holiday 2012.

A trailer, teased at the end of Microsoft’s E3 2011 media briefing, has Master Chief return in all his shining glory. See it below.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2011/06/halo-4-announced-for-xbox-360

Well it appears that Halo 4 is official and it is happening. Will it be as good as it was previously? Since Microsoft are making it now. Well expect Halo 5 and 6 as well since this is an all new trilogy.

FUCK YEAH :rage:

I SO cannot wait. I had to call my two younger brothers cuz they hadn't seen this yet. Totally awesome. This looks very very promising.

The song at the end... it brought back gorgeous memories of killing grunts back in the early days. Can't wait!

Just a heads up, they are also remaking the original Halo. It was announced at E3 (watched a livestream of it), but I'm too lazy to look up an actual video. :mokken:

I'd still say it's worth a mention, though. A lot of people consider the original Halo to be the best of the series. :hmmm:

Though, back to the subject at hand. It kind of sucks that Bungie won't be making it, but I was kind of hoping for a new series. After the end of Halo 3, if just kind of leaves you hanging as you see a planet with the Marathon logo in the background. Though, if Bungie isn't making it anymore, I wonder if they'll still use that logo. A lot of people theorized that Halo was a prequel to Marathon. :hmmm:

Is there a trailer of some kind showcasing what it'll be like? 8(

Nothing but a puny article and the announcement as far as I know. But it's not going to be a simple HD conversion upscale, they'll be remaking the entire game.

I find the irony in that absolutely delicious.

Nothing but a puny article and the announcement as far as I know. But it's not going to be a simple HD conversion upscale, they'll be remaking the entire game.

*sigh*

Maybe it'll be good. Well, if Microsoft is remaking their biggest game... I'd say Square Enix would do the same. :hmmm:

I wonder... why announce it but have nothing to show for it? That's terrible on Microsoft's part. I mean, we have NOTHING to cheer about for it. That's terrible marketing. Absolutely terrible.

True, but they did top it off with a Halo 4... which is about all Microsoft had going for it in all honesty. The majority of their conference was just... ass. :ffs:

I know. I saw it Ringo. It looked so frickin awesome. If you want, you can go make a thread about it. I think it is worth making one if you can find enough info.

Nah, I'll leave it up to you to make it... whenever Microsoft decides to get off their ass and release more information about it.

Though, with Halo 4, I do kind of want to know if they'll have to remove the Marathon theory completely. Also, who was attacking the ship? Also, it was nice to see the Chief kicking ass just after waking up in the morning. :ryan:

CoD can eat a dick. :mokken:

I wonder... why announce it but have nothing to show for it? That's terrible on Microsoft's part. I mean, we have NOTHING to cheer about for it. That's terrible marketing. Absolutely terrible.
Its Microsoft. What did you expect? :wacky:

In any case, I sincerely hope that, if they're planning another trilogy, this one actually has a plot worth paying attention to. I really enjoyed the first Halo, so a remake of that would be fantastic, but beyond that...its getting like the Call of Duty series. Same shit, different smell. Hopefully Microsoft will find a way to turn this around...but I won't hold my breath.

Its Microsoft. What did you expect? :wacky:

In any case, I sincerely hope that, if they're planning another trilogy, this one actually has a plot worth paying attention to. I really enjoyed the first Halo, so a remake of that would be fantastic, but beyond that...its getting like the Call of Duty series. Same shit, different smell. Hopefully Microsoft will find a way to turn this around...but I won't hold my breath.

Halo I really was the best one in the series. Since they are remaking it and all it better be what we saw the first time around, but even better. Well this one takes place from the end of Halo 3. Looks like Master Chief is being attacked... which is weird because everything is absolutely dead at the end of Halo 3. So it might have a great plot to it.

Halo I really was the best one in the series. Since they are remaking it and all it better be what we saw the first time around, but even better. Well this one takes place from the end of Halo 3. Looks like Master Chief is being attacked... which is weird because everything is absolutely dead at the end of Halo 3. So it might have a great plot to it.

...or maybe he's just gone insane and is blowing shit up in paranoid delusions because he's all by himself? :wacky:

Either way, Halo 3 was perhaps the worst conclusion possible to the original trilogy, so I demand that they make up for it. The original Halo was fantastic, and it deserves a better ultimate conclusion than that pile of crap delivered :ahmed:

I hope we get the jetpack, though. That'd make it an instant purchase.

...or maybe he's just gone insane and is blowing shit up in paranoid delusions because he's all by himself? :wacky:

Either way, Halo 3 was perhaps the worst conclusion possible to the original trilogy, so I demand that they make up for it. The original Halo was fantastic, and it deserves a better ultimate conclusion than that pile of crap delivered :ahmed:

I hope we get the jetpack, though. That'd make it an instant purchase.

Yeah... as much as I liked Halo I... III was just garbage. The campaign was really boring compared to II and I. The ending was pretty garbage, I agree. Jetpack was in Halo Reach and did you not see the jetpack in the trailer of Halo 4? They are taking Reach elements it seems xD. I am really interested to see what attacked them or like you said.. if he just went insane xD. Do not forget. This is just Master chief and Cortana here.

True, but they did top it off with a Halo 4... which is about all Microsoft had going for it in all honesty. The majority of their conference was just... ass. :ffs:
This is true ringo-smooth :sad3:

everyone over at gametrailers is saying how crappy Microsoft's con was. Guess it was pretty bad, eh?
Though, with Halo 4, I do kind of want to know if they'll have to remove the Marathon theory completely. Also, who was attacking the ship? Also, it was nice to see the Chief kicking ass just after waking up in the morning. :ryan:
Lol, yeah. that was pretty awesome :ohoho:

Wait a minute. That was a marathon planet? I am pretty sure the legendary ending of Halo 3 showed the planet Reach. That is why it allowed us to foreshadow that Halo Reach would be coming sometime. At least I am sure that was Reach. :hmmm:

It could have been Reach, but if you check out those lights on the planet, it makes out the shape of the Marathon logo from Bungie's FPS way, WAY, back in the day. :gasp:

Which is why a lot of people think it to be the planet from Marathon. :hmmm:

Calico

It was absolute garbage. Kinect, some Disney game and a Sesame Street game, Kinect Dance Central, and Minecraft for Ecksbawkz. There was something about Mass Effect 3, but it seriously just looked like Gears of War. I was disappoint. :sad3:

That blows. I love Microsoft usually, it's my fav system... usually microsoft is always the best of show. :hmmm:

wonder what happened there?

Also, my brother just said there wasn't a marathon planet in Halo 1.

Not in Halo 1, but at the end of Halo 3, when the camera shifts over to the planet and you get that really ominous music. If you look at the lights on the planet, it makes the Marathon logo.

Back