XBox Halo 4 and Halo Anniversary Thread

:hmmm:

then I'm not sure. I only beat Halo 3 once before. I just asked my brother again and he said no. :hmmm:

To answer your question, the difficulty MUST be on legendary. You must beat the whole campaign of halo 3 on legendary. :)

I announce that this is possible the best birthday gift for me.

While i know that 2 and three had its flaws, i sincerely liked the series as a whole, so yay for numba 4, tho the part about bungie does have me slightly worried.

nice, i'm pretty psyched for this. i loved Halo 3 to pieces and Reach was okay, but Master Chief kicks way more ass than Noble Six. Well, Noble Six's end was still pretty badass... But everyone loves the Chief.

To answer your question, the difficulty MUST be on legendary. You must beat the whole campaign of halo 3 on legendary. :)
I could only do it on heroic :(

fucking bitch-ass things kept sniping me right off the bat in the first mission's warehouse before I could snipe them

Tbh, if we actually supposed to rank them as they are in the universe setting and not in terms of games (because tbh, in ODST, there is NO WAY one ODST can chew through that many brutes/ jakals/ grunts/ hunters by themself), Noble Six is below Chiefy. Basically, the Spartan IIIs are the mass produced throw away version of Spartan IIs. Throw Noble 6 and Chief in the ring and id lay my money with the Chief every single time.

They lost over close to 800 of the 930 that were ever trained and they were able to produce 300 every time they made a new company with their budget while only 150 Spartan IIs were made, which makes this obviously a quantity over quality thing with the S IIIs.

But back on topic, i can only grind my way through Legendary. No flashy 15 consecutive headshots or guns blazing and take out 10 elites. Nope. Its take out one grunt, then hide. Then take out another and die. Remember their positions, kill two or three more than last time and then die. Rinse and repeat. THEN, you play with skulls =.=

Here is a really good article all by a former Bungie Employee who is now at 343

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-inaugural-frankie-edition/59856

So basically what I got out of this is that the Halo CE Anniversary edition maps will be used in Reach. That is fine because Reach really does need more love. Seven maps is a lot, and those can make up for the horrible Reach maps. Well, some are absolutely terrible. Halo CE Anniversary edition will foreshadow Halo 4. That intrigues me. Halo CE is being remade and better than ever. Well, we will see about that. So far it is looking good!

I hope the grand daddy of all pistols remain as uber as it was in the original. If it isnt, i think im gonna cry. That and the 60 round magazine for the MA5B. May be game breaking, but those were fun times. All you needed was those two.

Halo: Anniversary will reveal details about Halo 4′s storyline

343 Studios has confirmed that Halo: Anniversary will contain terminals like those found in Halo 3 which might shed more light regarding the story of the next Halo title – Halo 4.

halo.jpg

The studio’s producer confirmed it, stating: “You may even a learn a little more story from the other big Halo announcement we made today”.

He also assured that Anniversary’s terminals won’t be as hard to find as the ones in Halo 3, and they won’t be in text format. You’ll get them in the form of small video vignettes instead which will be narrated primarily from Guilty Spark’s perspective.

Both Halo 4 and Halo: Anniversary were announced during Microsoft’s press conference earlier in the week.

Halo: Anniversary will contain co-op, remastered looks. Seven of the most popular multiplayer maps and more. It’ll release on November 15.

Halo 4 sees the return of Master Chief and AI companion Cortana, is being made by 343 Industries, and is the start of a brand new trilogy.

It’s slated for a holiday 2012 launch.

Thanks, OXM.

Update#1

Microsoft's Phil Spencer says that Halo 4 will be powered by existing technology, with "a ton of work" by 343 industries

Halo 4 and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary were unveiled at E3 - the latter will run on three engines, including the original code and the Halo: Reach tech for multiplayer. But what about next year's Halo 4?

"343 obviously has partnered closely with Bungie for a while," Microsoft Game Studios corporate VP Spencer said. "We had been working with them on Halo: Reach and map packs. We started with the code base from Halo, so it's not something we had to re-roll from the beginning. [Chief Technology Officer] David Wu and the team behind the core engine tech inside of 343 have done a lot of work."

“The the team behind the core engine tech inside of 343 have done a lot of work”

Halo: Reach wowed gamers with an impressive engine, and Halo 4 will continue to play to its strengths added Spencer. "Halo has always been a unique game with huge outdoor environments but also playing indoor environments at the same time. The technology base isn't 100 percent new, but a ton of work has gone into it by 343."

Halo 4 is due out in 2012, while Halo Anniversary will mark the ten year anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved to the day by launching on 15 November.

http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/news/6303/halo-4-engine-isnt-100-per-cent-new-microsoft

Last edited:
Halo Anniversary

Microsoft confirms Halo Anniversary UK price

Xbox 360 game given ERP of £34.99 in the UK.

Microsoft has confirmed to VideoGamer.com that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will hit the UK with an Estimated Retail Price of £34.99, some £15 cheaper than the average Xbox 360 release.

The confirmation comes after UK retailers priced the game as high as £39.99. Gameplay and Play both had the game listed for £39.99 for pre-order, while GAME.co.uk were taking orders at £34.99. Usually we'd expect online prices to undercut the Estimated Retail Price.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is due for release on Xbox 360 on November 15.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/microsoft_confirms_halo_anniversary_uk_price.html

Well that's good. I'm glad I won't have to spend the usual $59.99 on a new game. I just pre-purchased it on Amazon for a little under $40. Nice.

I think there is some discussion in the Halo 4 thread about this as well :) Maybe a gaia mod can merge it and rename the Halo 4 thread to "Halo 4 and Halo anniversary thread" Argor251 blakstang98

I think it is time to revive this thread.

/revives

Halo 4 to explore Master Chief’s story

“We called it a new trilogy, but that’s really just a chronological description. It’s a direct continuation and evolution of the Master Chief’s story,” director Frank O’Connor told 1UP in an interview.

“We’re going to be pretty front and center about that. This is about the Master Chief and we’re going to make him a deeper and richer character than he’s been, but just in the way that I’m sure Bungie would have naturally done anyway

O’Connor said Master Chief won’t suddenly become talkative or go through a personality change. “You’re just going to learn more about him, and that’s the best way to explore anybody’s character,” he said.

“The Chief has had a strange, difficult, and brutal life. And I think people want to know a little bit more about that – that’s one of the attractions of the books and it’s something that we’re able to put into the games very easily, and something we’ve always wanted to do.”

The director said that 343 aren’t going to produce a clone of Bungie’s games, but is aware that making changes to the winning formula will concern already suspicious fans.

“We had a lot of people saying, ‘Why does the Chief’s armour look different?’” he said. “Well, the Chief’s armour has looked different every single game. It’s a natural evolution of trying to make your graphics better and having different artist approach it.

“But in the case of the trailer in particular, there’s some fairly radical modifications to his armour. Some of those are definitely an artistic evolution, but some of it is connected to the story. We just can’t talk about it yet. He’s been in space for a long time.”

O’Connor dropped a few teasing hints about Master Chief’s AI companion, Cortana, noting that according to Halo’s canon, artificial intelligence systems have a limited lifespan of around seven years.

“Cortana was getting close to the end of her natural lifespan at the end of Halo 3. The reality is that Cortana has been exposed to far more information and far more technology than any other A.I. in existence,” he said.

“So she’s going to develop some weapons and some muscle from that process, but it also directly contributes to her rampancy [AI overload] – that much information and that much thought, that makes things worse.”
Halo 4 is expected in the holiday period of 2012, exclusively on Xbox 360.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/06/halo-4-to-explore-master-chiefs-story/

Halo 4′s Master Chief shines in new teaser artwork

343 Industries has produced a gorgeous three-quarter length artwork of Master Chief, teasing Halo 4. Head through the break to see it in all its glory.

The Xbox 360 exclusive Halo 4 is expected in late 2012, but anticipation is already high thanks to the incredible gravity of the franchise and some effective teasing.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/05/halo-4s-master-chief-shines-in-new-teaser-artwork/

New art-based Halo 4 trailer airs at PAX panel – watch

A new, concept-art led trailer of Halo 4 aired at the culmination of a PAX HaloFest panel based on the anticipated shooter, as well as dropping heavy details on the new trilogy. Video and screencaps inside.

The trailer featured pieces of concept art being made from senior art director Kenneth Scott, revealing several scenes of the ship carrying Master Chief and Cortana heading towards its probably doom, but also showed pieces from what we can expect to see from the 343 shooter next year.

It was also confirmed at the panel that the new trilogy of the series – first announced at E3 – would be called “The Reclaimer Trilogy.”

According to a HaloWiki page, a Reclaimer is “an individual who, whether by chance or by precedent, has been placed in charge of activating a Halo super-weapon. The individual must journey to retrieve the Halo’s activation key (the Index) from the ring’s Library and then use it to activate the Halo Array.”

Make of that as you will.

Whilst major story bits weren’t diverged from the event, some nuggets were dropped. Creative director Josh Holme said that Chief’s AI companion Cortana would have “an important role in the story,” but the new game’s main focus will heavily be on the Spartan character known as John 117.

On the duo’s relationship in H4, executive producer Kiki Wolfkill added: “There’s certainly a unique relationship between Chief and Cortana that hasn’t been seen in previous games.”

Receiving a rousing applause from the crowd in attendance, sound director Satoro Tojima – who worked on Metal Gear Solid – said that he was looking to include a sort of emotional bridge between the game’s story and music.

When the floor opened up to an audience Q&A, franchise development director Frank O’Connor said it was interested in exploring Chief’s origins in more detail, but wouldn’t commit to seeing something of the sort in H4, adding it was “definitely something we’re passionate about.”

He further added however, when asked a question about how much Chief would talk in the new story, that players are “definitely going to have the opportunity to dive deeper into John’s mind in this trilogy.”

O’Connor killed off any speculation that access to a multiplayer beta for Halo 4 would come part of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

In terms of Forge, the mod-making tool thats been part of the series since Halo 3 in September 2007, Holme confirmed it would make a return, adding that it “has been an engine to create and share amazing creations,” continuing that “it’s something as a studio we very strongly believe in,” and concluded by saying that 343 was “continuing to invest in that toolset.”

Wolfkill added that 343 had “all hands on deck for Halo 4″ when someone asked about potentially doing an off-shoot game in the Halo series in the near future, a la Bungie’s ODST.

Halo 4 launches next holiday season for Xbox 360.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/28/new-art-based-halo-4-trailer-airs-at-pax/

Anniversary Update

343 Guilty spark level

I personally love that you can play the game just like 10 years ago xD. The graphics are absolutely stunning with the new technology though.

Also as you know, Reach will be having a title update towards the end of September.

All those map remakes will be available with Halo combat evolved Anniversary, which has Reach Multiplayer on the disc as well. Can not wait to play some favourite classics from the previous halo games. It will be just perfect with the title update as well.

New firefight map

Installation 04
(Firefight map)

That should be fun. Firefight is entertaining at times xD

For everything on the title update, read this http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-83111-/211200

Halo 4: Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012.

Halo 4 to have co-operative, episodic multiplayer

Game Informer’s cover story has detailed Halo 4′s competitive and co-operative multiplayer, filled in some of the story blanks, and more.

20120411halo4.jpg

Multiplayer

Halo 4′s multiplayer will have direct ties to the story. Players are Spartan IV soldiers aboard the UNSC Infinity, a vessel Master Chief will encounter several times through the core campaign.

There are two kinds of multiplayer. The traditional competitive multiplayer includes a number of old and new modes, and is explained as Spartan IV training sessions in the ship’s holodeck.

Players can apply upgrades and mods, level up through the ranks, choose loadouts and purchase new gear with earned points. Other new additions include weapon drops and medals awarded in-match.

A new mode called Regicide has been added; the leading scorer is “king,” and for each new kill he or she makes, the point value of taking him or her down goes up.

Two maps were described – Wraparound, a Forerunner solar power facility, and Warhouse, a UNSC manufacturing plant of three stories. We saw both these levels recently in San Francisco.

The second multiplayer experience, Spartan Ops, is a co-operative mode for up to four players which will be released in weekly instalments.

Each week players will gain access to a new cut-scene and group of missions as they explore a story comparable to that of the single-player experience. All updates will be free.

Both multiplayer modes will support drop-in play, eliminating lobby wait times and rage quit issues, and character progression and unlocks are continuous across both.

Single-player

The relationship between Master Chief and AI companion Cortana will “take centre stage” in Halo 4, as the latter confronts “rampany” – the AI equivalent of senility.

Nevertheless, 343 Industries intend “the return of the Master Chief” to be the core focus, reiterating earlier comments that the developer intends to explore the enigmatic Spartan’s character.

Gameplay described in the magazine builds on an earlier teaser trailer, revealing that the ship on which Master Chief awakens, four years after the events of Halo 3, is being boarded by hostiles.

The enemy turns out to be the Covenant, but quite why they have broken their truce is unclear, especially as the recurring villains will not be the game’s primary antagonists.

Instead, a new, unrevealed enemy will take the spotlight, proving very very different from either the Covenant or the Flood. 343 promises these new adversaries will “work together in collaborative ways” and are “elevated in terms of their intelligence and complexity” over past enemies.

Halo 4′s plot will explore the Forerunners, the mysterious alien race which used the Halos to wipe out sentient life “in order to save it” over 100,000 years ago – including waging a war on humanity which devolved us back to primitive cave dwellers.

The Foreunners’ artificial Shield worlds, refuges against the menace of the Flood, will play an important role. At one point, Master Chief and Cortana crash land on one called Requiem.

343 Industries now boasts around 250 staff, up from just 30 about three and a half years ago. Halo 4 is expected exclusively on Xbox 360 during the holiday season.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/11/halo-4-to-have-co-operative-episodic-multiplayer/#more-250009

Halo 4 shown on Conan O’Brien, Conan and Richter confirmed as voice actors

A very brief segment of Halo 4 footage was shown on Conan O’Brien today; check it out through the break. Unless you’re Australian, of course.

According to both Joystiq and Kotaku, the video posted below contains about ten seconds of Halo 4 in between a no doubt hilarious skit about the game.

Both Conan O’Brian and Andy Richter have been confirmed as voice actors in the game, according to Microsoft’s Joe Dimiero, so at least the duo weren’t joking about that bit in the skit.

“More announcements on the rest of our voice cast [will be revealed]in the coming months, Dimiero told G4.
Halo 4 comes out on November 6.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/18/halo-4-briefly-shown-off-on-conan-obrien/

Halo 4 cover art released, new enemy types revealed

It is a good day for Halo 4 fans; check out the game’s cover art and marvel at some mysterious new enemies.

Microsoft released a set of 32 images which Halo Waypoint users pieced together into the image below; Microsoft has since confirmed that this is Halo 4′s cover art. Nice.

Meanwhile, AllGamesBeta posted a photo of the back of a box of halo action figures, showing two mysterious new enemy types – the Crawler and the Watcher.

343 Industries had hinted heavily that Halo 4 will see diversification of enemy types. The anticipated Xbox 360 exclusive drops during November.

20120515halo4_full_1.jpg

20120515halo4_full_2.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/15/halo-4-cover-art-released-new-enemy-types-revealed/#more-258551

Halo 4 E3 2O12 Single-Player Play through

I watched the footage from Microsoft's conference today and have already found a lovely video of it on youtube and can be put in HD too :) It is truly spectacular what 343 have done with it. The graphics look amazing a big step up, the animations are great, the environments are very finely detailed and everything looks great.

Check it out here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Em1MiiqT9A

Back