Annoying sounds

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
The closest thread I could find to this was: I hate the sound of my grandmother eating.

I want to talk about all those noises that really annoy you and I think this topic deserves it's own thread.

The most annoying noise I can think of at the moment is the sound of my mobile phone constantly beeping because the battery is low. It's so repetitive and annoying!

It's currently making this noise every few minutes but I'm too lazy to get up and put it on charge. >.<

That's all I can think of right now, but I'll come back when I can think of more.

Share your most hated noises and state why you hate them!

The sound of my alarm clock!

The melody is beyond annoying because it means that I have to wake up and go to school.

I also hate the ringing of the telephone. It's more like scary than annoying. I am quite shy talking to strangers over the phone. Also, since I am an extreme paranoid and pessimist, I am sometimes afraid that if I answer the call, I will hear some bad news or something like that. For similar reasons, I am subconsciously afraid of doorbells too...

Lightning- Don't get me wrong, I love the "soothing" sounds of lightning off in the distance...or lightning storms that don't keep me up all night. I hate the crashing lightning that makes your house shake and etc... Its so loud, keeps you up and prevents you from sleeping at night.

Tornado sirens- Thankfully we don't live too too close to any of the sirens in town...but I feel for those that do. They are super loud and just the sound of them gives me chills down my spine because I worry about a tornado hitting my house and etc... The sound of them is so ominous with the dark scary weather...I hate it.

Motorcycles- Some of them are over the top noisy and I can hear them racing around town all summer...so irritating.

Yapping dogs- The small ones can really irritate.

Every single fucking night, there are cats that fight outside my apartment complex. I'm serious, EVERY night. The high pitched scuffles always wake me up. They last about 10 minutes. I always wonder if there is some feline Fight Club being held or something.

Also, any English dubbed voice with a high pitched, squeaky, ear stabbing voice. I hate that shit. You usually find it in games or anime. What is the obsession with these god damn voices?! It drives me up the wall.

:rage:

Clapping. It's the most degenerate sound that human hands are capable of producing. And those little clappers that people use during assemblies. :banghead:

Tom Badguy
I totally agree with you. This happens with the vast majority of female voiceovers. And IRL, most females do not have naturally high-pitched, squeaky voices.

The sound of styrofoam rubbing against something is probably the worst noise I can think of. It's one of those things which is just very uncomfortable to listen to; It makes me shudder every time I hear it.

I can't think of any other noises off the top of my head which bother me that extent.

The sound of religion being shoved down someone's throat: we all now this one. i find that chasing them away with a sword almost as tall as you are works well.

Children's theme songs: I know I'm just giving Ringo bait but...children's theme songs annoy me. I don't know why, they just do.

I would say that a jack hammer in your house is the single worst noise of all time, the builders redoing the bathroom and adding an extension seem to be using it for every single fucking task possible. It wakes me up every morning, especially after a night out

2 marbles rubbing together.. ahhhhh i fucking hate it. It goes right fuckin thru me. Its the most disgusting sound there is in the world. Id rather wash my face with a wire brush than hear that. Even thinking about it makes me cringe.
To a lesser extent the styrofoam noise that sash mentioned aswell is horrible.

Every time I see balloons I picture someone biting a balloon and it making that horrible squeaky sound against their teeth. *shudders*

It gives me the same feeling as when I think of nails on a chalk bored. I just get this terrible shiver.

Another noise I hate is the fire alarm when I'm at work. It's so repetitive and only gets louder and it makes me nervous because I don't know whether it's for real or not and if I have to leave my belongings behind to burn. :gonk:

Oh and my alarm on my phone when it starts to get louder when I don't turn it off right away. >.< It's so fricking annoying!

Every single fucking night, there are cats that fight outside my apartment complex. I'm serious, EVERY night. The high pitched scuffles always wake me up. They last about 10 minutes. I always wonder if there is some feline Fight Club being held or something.
It's because they're in heat. This is happening around the globe. Cats gotta get it on.

Nothing is worse than the never-ending ice cream truck theme song.

Crickets chirping. Incessant, annoying, commonplace - ugh, insects in general. I suppose you can also apply that to any kind of insect sound, cicadas in particular. Dogs ceaselessly barking is also another thing I hate. I love the smaller, quieter dogs, but the large loud ones are always the ones I love to avoid. Unfortunately it just so happens that one of my neighbours has a few of them and they enjoy barking loudly at each other in the early hours of the morning. Other sounds that really drive me up the wall include my car alarm (extremely loud, shrill and fast) and oddly enough, the way in which my dad brushes his teeth. I don't actually know he goes about doing it, but he spends a long time in the bathroom and he sounds like he is vomiting for some reason - except he doesn't actually vomit. Whatever it is, I just cringe.

The sound of metal scratching across plastic boxes. :hmph:

That sounds is so irritatingly annoying I just hate it. It's the one sound that can make me angrier beyond comprehension. :mokken:

VACUUM CLEANER. I freaking HATE this noise. It makes me want to destroy.

Absolute silence. I know it's not a sound, per se. But it bothers me.

someone smacking their lips when they eat. This is not only gross, it's annoying.

/rant.

Annoying sounds. Oh god so many. Well when someone is making pasta and then putting it on a plate by taking it out of whatever they were cooking it in. When the fork/spoon touches the steel it makes this horrible noise and I just hate it. It is really horrible. Someone scratching their hands on a chalk board is one of the worst sounds ever. It makes this super loud screech and oh my god it is disgusting. Of course loud barks by dogs really are annoying. There is a dog that never ever shuts the hell up to the right of our house. I just want to go kick it in the face. My xbox makes some weird noises sometimes and god it is really annoying. It is not an overheat, it is just probably that it is really old and the power supply is acting weird. Even nowadays I prefer playing on the other xbox instead of mine because of it. When someone drops soup or whatever, it makes me think of some disgusting fluid. Someone banging any type of furniture is really annoying as well. I can go on but I will leave it at that for now.

well the obvious choice of most annoying sound would be nails against a blackboard *shudders* it's horrible.

My sisters voice is really really REALLY annoying, it's loud and high pitched and when she shouts I want to kick her in the mouth. I've never met anyone with a more annoying voice than her.

The dog that backs all night next door to me. People say little dogs yap...well my little dogs do not bark even once at night (and I have 3) but the big dog next door constantly barks and barks through the entire night.

The sound of balloons popping (seriously, no matter how loud or quiet they are, it ALWAYS startles me. :(), REALLY loud thunder smacks and booms (I'm ... still a little bit bothered by the sound of thunder.) that are capable of waking me up from any kind of nap, and children outside my window screaming like they're being horribly mangled. That and the sound of me having to repeat myself. Absolutely hate it . :hmph:

Scrubbing and scratching noises irritate me, and they sometimes make me shiver and feel as if I'm going to fall apart and die. :sad2:

Other sounds I'm mostly ok with. I tend to rarely hate sounds much, even irritating bugs and animals or other natural sounds. I guess I say this because I'm rarely prevented from sleeping because of them, and when I am it is so rare that I tend to forgive the animals and instead enjoy to hear them. When I hear them at any other time (out and about etc) I tend to enjoy hearing things too.

Hearing drunk people shouting and being loud is very irritating, actually. But I don't really care that much. It's not so much the drunken state anyway. I think I just dislike loud foul-mouthed shouting regardless, but it doesn't bother me enough to complain about it.

Damn birds at 5 in the morning... I WANT TO SLEEP DAMMIT!!! :gasp:

Crying babies. I can't stand listening to kids scream and cry. I just want to run up to the kid, get in its face, and scream at the top of my lungs in an attempt to scare it into silence. I'd shut up if a psycho stranger ran up to me and roared a battle cry in my face. Of course, doing that isn't socially acceptable, so I just curse the kid under my breathe.

Whinning/yippy dogs. I love dogs, but I have a low tolerance for dogs that bark at EVERYTHING. Dogs bark and yip--I get that--but I can't help but want to shove a balled up sock down their yaps whenever they do it incessantly.

Nails on a chalkboard. Nothing new here. Everyone hates the sound of that.

Whistling. I hate whistling. People who do it constantly drive me crazy.

Back