FF Music Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

• Final Fantasy I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Final Fantasy III

• Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 38 19.2%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy XV

• Others (please specify)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I have to give the nod to FFVI at this point in time. If I answered the same question in a month my answer might be different, it just so happens that I am currently playing through VI. I really love the Opera theme and the Figaro theme in particular.

I'm also a hip hop fan so in my car I'll also listen to 2-Mello's Wu Tang/FFVI album that is super nostalgic.
https://2mellomakes.bandcamp.com/album/final-fantasy-the-3-6-chambers (If your into hip-hop and are unfamiliar)

FFIX my all time favourite OST: Crossing Those Hills, Melodies of Life, Battle Theme, Vamo Alo Flamenco <3<3<3<3<3<3.

FFX probably my #2 w/ To zanarkand, someday the dream will end, yuna's theme, ending theme, suteki da ne

Such a tough one, so many of them had stellar soundtracks. VI would come out on top for me, with VII, IX and X very close by lol

This is an almost impossible question to answer... I am a lifelong fan of the FF tracks just as I am the games in my life. I voted for Final Fantasy IX though because the music really brought me back into that old school Final Fantasy game vibe. It really just rings out of nostalgia of the franchises roots for me and each and every selection is alive with the personality of that particular game itself at the same time. It's what I really adore about IX in general actual and the music just ties it all together. Still... I couldn't live without most of them. VI really does tie with it for me I'd say but this time around I had to go with IX.

I love many of the Final Fantasy OSTs, but I'll just have to vote for Final Fantasy XI since it has most of my favorite BGMs.

For me it's easily Final Fantasy VIII, it's the 1st entry in the series to which the music doesn't sound too Chip-tunish, while I appreciate the amazing compositions of Final Fantasy VI the 16-bit era nature just doesn't appeal to me (Up there with the best FF games for sure though!).

Final Fantasy VIII has some really soothing tracks, like Balamb, Breezy, Fisherman's Horizon & my favourite being The Successor - If a melody can give you a hug after a rough day the ending to this track does just that! It's wonderful :)

Last edited:
If you limit me to true Final Fantasy games, I have to agree with Vivi. But if you-all will allow me to dip into games which have carried the name "Final Fantasy"....

Yes, yes. I know that SaGa is considered unfinished hot garbage by many, but I find that, like coffee, it tastes better once the active drug ingredients have time to work. The overworld theme from SaGa 2 (a.k.a. "Final Fantasy Legend II") singlehandedly awards that soundtrack with the win. It should come as no surprise that it was composed by none other than Uematsu-sama himself. And it sounds even better in the (Japan-only, sadly) NDS remake:

I remember doing homework and fan fiction to the FFIX soundtrack all the time when I was younger. I always loved the different sounds and medieval feel. I loved different tracks for different reasons for different scenarios...

Then again, there were a few tracks I didn't like. It's hard to push out a great fan fiction... story to Qu's Marsh in the background. Now that's a song you don't ever hear remixed.

I'm not sure what my favorite song is for FFIX, but the first one that came to mind, which is a definite favorite, is The Four Medallions. I just like it's quicker pace than the intro. It's too bad it wasn't utilized for very long or repeatedly.

They're all awesome though, seriously. I think I like a few more songs for FFIX than I do the other games, but they all had their great and memorable songs. My brother and I like to sit around with a random FF song playlist in the background and naming the songs title/game before hearing if we were right or not. You know, like dorks do. :monster:

Edit: I stand corrected...

Last edited:
Agreed with the last post, they are all awesome.

That said, I'd say V, VIII and X all have the best soundtracks. If I were to rate these, then I'd say X is my favorite, followed by VIII then V.

Highlights from FFV: Pirates Ahoy!, Cursed Earth, Beyond the Deep Blue Seas, Battle on the Big Bridge, The Land Unknown

Highlights from FFVIII: Find Your Way, The Salt Flats, The Oath, The Extreme, Lunatic Pandora

Highlights from FFX: Someday the Dream Will End, No Hopes No Dreams, Illusion, Seymour's Ambition, The Advancers (boy this one was really hard to keep to 5 tracks)

Well FFF voted for FFVIII as the best soundtrack for issue 2 of FFF's free digital Timber Maniacs magazine (pages 49-50).

Me myself? I don’t disagree with that, but my favourite spot is shared with FFVII, FFIX and FFVI.

For emotional impact (my first Final Fantasy and the one which means the most to me) then I’d have to pick FFVII if I was forced at gunpoint to choose one over the other. But that would be a very cruel and naughty thing to force me to do… Please don’t. :sad2:

With a lot of FFV, FFX and FFIV following very close behind. Basically it’ll need a photograph finish in order to determine the very slight difference in my passion for all of these soundtracks.

I also really love FFXIII’s soundtrack as it has a very unique sound completely unlike any other FF soundtrack.

Then again, there were a few tracks I didn't like. It's hard to push out a great fan fiction... story to Qu's Marsh in the background. Now that's a song you don't ever hear remixed.
Edit: I stand corrected...

Muhahahaha! I know which track to play if you ever get on the wrong side of me.... (Which will be never!)

I actually really love Qu's Marsh. :argor:
And now I wish we had that rave version at KupoCon's evening event last weekend. We had glowing moogle pom poms and sound-activated wristbands which would light up to the beat of the music so they would have gone wild for this!

You know, it was a tough choice for me!

Part of me - for all the faults of the game - wanted to give it to XIII the nod simply out of pity.

But I couldn't justify it - I really couldn't. As such, I went for my favourite: FFX. I'm obsessed with the game's music - infact, I bought it on iTunes back when I had an iPod!!!

Overall, I'm crazy about "To Zanarkand" and I don't care who knows it. :mokken:

Cripes, another!

Just like with the worst FF game thread and best FF game thread, I have updated the poll in this thread to add Final Fantasy XV to it. People can also change their votes if they like to reflect their opinions in this new age.

Final Fantasy 14!!

And then FF8, but my FF8 preference is biased because FF8 was my childhood.

FF13 for this track alone

Vanille going on and on about Oerba and how lush and green it is got me so excited to see her and fang's homeland... and then finally arriving there to an abandoned wasteland filled with dust dunes + this song playing... it was sad :sad3:

Back