FF Music Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

• Final Fantasy I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Final Fantasy III

• Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 38 19.2%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy XV

• Others (please specify)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Final Fantasy VIII, easily. FFX is runner up. Though many tracks throughout all the games are memorable, those are my favorites.

What, no Tactics?! FFT's soundtrack is SO AMAZING.

I chose FFVI, but it was a tough decision. IV, VII and IX come very close for me. The FFIX Piano Collection could win on its own.

Last edited:
There's no definite best. However each title holds memorable scores. I'll just list down my favorites:

World Map Themes:

Terra (FFVI) - This soundtrack make you feel that you are about to begin a long journey searching for hope.

Promised Land (FFII) - Probably the most depressing world map theme. It fits the world of FFII very well. A world full of despair and uncertainty.

Eternal Wind (FFIII) - One of the peaceful melodies along with VII,VIII and IX. It have the vibe of feeling "young" which the characters of III are.

Blue Fields (FFVIII) - I don't know what instrument they used in this but walking in the greeny fields of the world map became enjoyable.

Battle Themes:

FFVI - It got that rowdy feeling that fits the steampunk settings of the game.

FFX - The catchy flute tune hooked me up with this one.

FFV - Same as VI only more funky and damn the bass and the trumphet! It's orgasm in the ears.

FFIX - The just simply tells me "Let's kick some monsters ass!".

Boss Themes:

FFIV - My #1 favorite boss theme. It brings tension and pressure in the boss battle especially if with the introduction of ATB system where the enemy will attack you if you don't input commands quickly.

FFIX - Another intense boss theme.

FFVII - The most calm "boss battle". Cloud was like "This will be easy".

Easy choice. Final Fantasy 4 (Super Famicom/SNES). Not a bad track in the game. While most of the games themselves I didn't like post FF5 the music has been pretty top notch minus FF10/FF10-2. FF5, FF6, FF8, FF9, and FF12 had some unbelievably great music but there are a couple tunes on each that I could live without. FF7 is more hit than miss for me. FF4 is the only one where there are no bad songs for me to listen to. But I guess its down to what tunes are on my playlist and FF4, FF12, FF8, FF9 and FF1 all make the majority of the cut.

For me, FF7 has a lot of catchy tunes and 9 has the most variance, possibly due to the more fantasy setting compared to 7 and 8.

But, FFX is literally one of the few soundtracks I can play in full and not skip any of the tracks. From the calming town music to the intense boss battle music, it's just a fantastic well rounded soundtrack. :)

I had 2 to choose form and was torn to go with which game had the best "character themes" or the best "game music" during gameplay.

FFVI had the best charter intro's and music which surrounded the personality and aura of each main character. Shadow's Western themed music walking into a town was one that stuck out the most to me and will always be my favorite from the game.

FFX on the other hand started off perfectly with Otherworld during the Blitzball tourny in Zanarkand. It pumped you up for the start of a killer game and didn;t disappoint the rest of the way. The Hymn of the Fayth and the Suteki da ne (sp?) song played throughout the game during the Spring Scene and at the end after the Final Boss battle, definitely leave a momentous mark in your mind after you witness the events. Def by far my favorite soundtrack to date.

VI, VII, and IX. I can never decide. All amazing in their own way. Final Fantasy's legacy died when Nobuo Uematsu left.

i loved the ffx music like suteki da ne and to zanarkand. I found a cool remix of it to.

I can't choose the best! It's FF7 and FF10 for me. Their compositions just made perfect sense toward the game - it matched them so well. They were also very beautiful...especially FF7's world map theme. I LOVED going on the world map just because of that song, lol. Other music isn't as memorable, although I think a few from FF8 are nice, like "Fisherman's Horizon" and the "Balamb Garden" theme, too.

By a *very* small margin, I chose FFIX. It is my favorite 3D FF and listening to the soundtrack just immediately evokes incredible nostalgia. Not one bad track on the entire soundtrack. With that said, FFIV, FFVI, FFVII, FFX, FFXII, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2 are all near-masterpieces in my opinion.

There hasn't been a FF game that I haven't loved the music, so it's very difficult for me to decide. I'm torn between a few (VIII, IX and X I think)

I love all three of those, but I think the best piece of music from any FF game is The City That Never Sleeps, so I'm gonna have to go for FFIX.

I'd have to go with 6, although I've never beaten it (friend broke my SNES when we were playing a Street Fighter game) the game had Terra's theme, Kefka's theme, Mt. Kolts, just off the top of my head.

My second choice would be 7 (this one I raged on a few years back, its the next FF I plan on beating) with One-Winged Angel, Cosmo Canyon, Aeris's theme, again just off the top of my head.

My favorite is FFX. As soon as I hear To Zanarkand in the opening, i get goosebumps! It's such a beautiful piece. And then the song Suteki Da Ne is a beautiful song when Tidus and Yuna are in the water. One of the lyrics in the song (in english) is "i want to go to your city, to your home, and into your arms" which fits with the story really well!

Don't worry guys, i'm in the process of narrowing it down. I've got a shortlist of the top 100. When I get down to a top 20, which could be weeks, i'll let you know :sir:

I think that Crisis Core has the best soundtrack of the lot, so I'll give my vote to Final Fantasy VII.

Pieces like The Mako City, The Mako Controlling Organisation, Howl of the Gathered, Night of Seclusion, The Burdened, An Ancient Hymn Sung By The Water's Surface, Why, The Gloomy Mansion, Moonlight Wandering, A Closed Off Village and Living Legacy are probably my favourite Final Fantasy OSTs of all time, and all of them come from the one game. :boogie:

FFX has the best score of the series. My favorite tracks are A Contest of Aeons and Someday the Dream Will End.

Crisis Core is a close second. The rock themed soundtrack fits the tone of the game really well. My favorite track is The Price of Freedom. It was beautifully played and fits Zack's last moments in the game.

For me it's FFIX. Not only did it have powerful music, but also touching and even silly songs as well and they invoked the most emotions out of me. "You're Not Alone" is probably one of the songs that will stick with me as the most impacting songs in any FF game... probably ever. It just fit so well.

Back