Should I play Crisis Core before I watch Advent Children and play DoC?

Tucker

I'm a Lover, not a Fighter!
Veteran
Gil
Right now I'm playing FF7 again, and I was wondering if after I finish I should play Crisis Core right after or watch Advent Children and play DoC after. I've played all the games except Crisis Core, and so I'm wondering what game I should play first so as not to get confused, and for playing pleasure. :)

In all honesty Marlena, it doesn't really matter which one you play/watch first. The stories are each there own and they try to answer questions about VII (course to me these games just leave more questions than answers.) But yeah playing or watching a game wont spoil anything as far as i remember.

i dont really think it matters; each one of them are full of their own shit. it's really only necessary that you play FFVII, the root of the compilation, to understand a lot of the story.

Crisis Core has Zack though, so I'd play that next if I were you. I'd burn dirge of cerberus and advent children after i got done watching, if i ever got around to watching them :neomon:

I'd suggest just doing what you said there, finish FF7, then go to Crisis Core, then Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus, even though each are individual and have small connection with eachother, they still have a chronological order. Crisis Core comes before Final Fantasy VII, and then, Advent Children comes next, and after that, Dirge of Cerberus. I think that's what you should do, if you wish to experience it smoothly enough.

Dirge of Cerberus has the least connection to previous events, whereas CC is pretty good as a standalone game as well. The order should probably be FFVII - FFVII: CC - FFVII: AC - FFVII: DoC.

To be honest, you shouldn't bother playing CC at all, it's a terrible game and gets boring real quick. As for the movie and DoC, watch the movie first, then goto DoC, if you're like me and like CG films. If not, go ahead and play DoC first, lol

For me you should play crisis core first then watch the movie. In that way you will understand the story more deeply. And also it is not really important to play doc because it is different story. But if you want to play all ff games then go for it:)

I think personally you should play Crisis Core first since you never played it and would want something new. It is a pretty good game but it can get boring so that is just a warning. After you beat Crisis Core you can watch Advent children and then not even bother with Dire of Cerberus much. Dirge of Cerberus is not anything special and imo it was just created to be a stand alone Vincent shooter. Vincent's own game. I didn't feel like it had much of a story, although it is nice to see the VII characters in Ps II* graphics.

*who the heck calls it a PS II?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for all the answers so fast! :O
I'll go with CC first then the rest :)

Back