Final Fantasy Hair - Who has the best hair? And what do you think about it?

Which Female Character Has the Best Hairstyle?

• Yuna

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Lulu

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Rikku

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yunalesca

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

DarkShadow

S'all good in tha hood!
Veteran
Gil
Square Enix seemed to have mastered videogame hair.
noctis-lucis-caelum.jpg%253Fet%253DXQH%25252BQIfajtRrvDpH8GAsEQ%2526nmid%253D237411305

648136_1298465348136_full.jpg

Final%2520Fantasy%2520XIII-2%2520Lightning%27s%2520new%2520look.png

cloud%2Bfinal%2Bfantasy%2B2.jpg

I'm no hair enthusiast, I hardly take care of my own, but I'm a sucker for the hair of FF characters. I don't know how SE (technically Nomura) does it but they seem to create something new and unique that no other character has in a videogame or real life.

Do you think the hair is a little over-dramatic, stupid or pure awesome? :busta:

And who do you think has the best hairstyle?

I'd say for Male it would have to be Noctis, I love how Nomura spiked his hair up at the back as well as his sides.

For female it would probably have have to be Lightning, her fringe looks absolutely amazing, even though looking at the back of her head seems a little weird as her hair is put to one side.

Well,you've gotta respect Seymour's hair,even if only for one reason...It's an engineering miracle.:wacky:

I've never thought about it before,but I guess my actual favorite FF hair would be Cloud's;it's not ridiculous enough to be distracting,but it's still cool in an understated way.Lightning's hair is good too,but I'm otherwise not a big fan of her's.

The world may never understand the Japanese's obsession with spiky hair.:hmmm:

I've always had a thing for Setzer's hair, tbh :hmmm: I like how the color is a bit unusual for a 27-year-old, and just how long and unkempt it is, it really fits his wild personality I think.

I like Noctis's hair the best. I like what Nomura did with it. I like how it looks soft but still manages that messy/slightly unkempt appearance without looking too gelled. The cut is also amazing ...I like the long pieces on the sides with the back part up a bit...and its a cut I haven't seen on any of the FF guys before...the only one that comes half-way close is Cloud...just a bit anyways.

The funny thing about his hair is how in every picture you look at him his hair looks different. I know they made the cut shorter overall in the new trailers...and I like it shorter...but if you look the color of his hair is always different. Grey/black/or brown like in the picture DS has posted. Its odd...but I prefer him with black hair. I know they said something about his hair color changing though...and we are still clueless as to how that benefits him...although I'm going with the weapon change theory :gasp:

This is how I prefer his hair:
Famitsu-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII.jpg

I really like Noct's hair, it is so incredibly unique! But, my favorite is Cloud's. :) He is pretty famous for his spikey hair!

Oh my gosh how could I forget?? Turk Vincent has the best hair out of everyone. Definitely the best. Oh my gosh I could just gaze at it all day...

Last edited:
Cecil after he becomes a paladin. His hair looks like he should be playing in Poison or Van Halen.

I agree, Lightning's Hair in FF13-2 is amazing. She is so pretty in that hair style + new clothes.
The color of her eyes further makes her hair stick out beautifully :)

noctis for the guys, though yes his hair appears to be morphing

LIGHTNING OVERALL
i pretty much can't think of a hairstyle i'd like better. the pearl pink color is beautiful, the cut is edgy, and my favorite type of hair is her straight/wavy combination

Yeah, Lightening's hair is awesome.

I also liked Lulu's hairdo a lot, as well as Aeris's.

Square really are masters at creating some pretty spectacular haircuts for the various characters through the years. Lightning's is quite beautiful, as is Serah's. I always liked the colour of Vanille's too.

Squall has to have a mention too seeing as he was the first character who's haircut I tried to emulate, ha.

I quite liked Penelo's cut too, but I think that's because I am biased towards tiny fringes on girls.

greatest FF hair ever

zhXAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The greatest hair ever has to be Sephiroth.

Makes clouds mop of a hairstyle look like shit.

DarkLordSephiroth66, Sorry Cloud doesn't give a crud about his hair as much as Sephiroth. :rage:

In my fangirl opinion, I'm going to have to go with Cloud's hair. I'm a sucker for a bad-boy type look... and boy does Cloud's hair have that :gonk: The spikiness of it just makes the whole thing so sexy. :8F: I like how it's short, too. It shows a guy does less "taking care" of it if it's shorter... so... yeah. :wacky: And yeah, I know technically nobody's hair could be like that without styling it, but I don't think SE intended on his hair looking like something that a man had to style it into. He's supposed to look like a badboy, and spikey hair achieves that. :mokken:

My favorite part is the back of his head. I love how it just spikes up like the way it does. I can't explain it, all I can say is, if a dude in real life had that hair, I'd have to touch the back of the head just to see how it feels. :wacky: It's just a delicious haircut to see on a guy. :jess:

For girls I like Aerith's hair. It's a pretty color(brunette) and the style looks gorgeous. I love the style of her bangs, so classy. :ryan: The only other woman in FF I've ever liked the hair of is Rikku. So yeah, that's my pick. :wacky:

My personal opinion of who has the Best hair, is Seymour Guado. His hair takes some damn perfection when it comes to up-keep and actually styling it like he does. I mean can anyone else pull off a hairstyle like that and have it to be Blue!?

I really think in FFX they tried alot of different things when it comes to hair and Seymour was the one they tried the hardest on because I've not seen any other thing like that in an FF game I don't think.

Its between Sephiroth and Vincent, they both have such sexy hair, I really like Turk Vincent too, but Sephiroths hair is just so perfect and cool. I can't really pick between them...but Cloud did revolutionize anime hair and such xD

So since I can't pick I am going to say; Squall, his hair is sexy, well...in VIII it is anyway.

I really think in FFX they tried alot of different things when it comes to hair and Seymour was the one they tried the hardest on because I've not seen any other thing like that in an FF game I don't think.

I thought Seymours hair was very reminiscent of Ultimecia. Like, Ultimecia's hairstyle, but on steroids.

Calico said:
In my fangirl opinion, I'm going to have to go with Cloud's hair. I'm a sucker for a bad-boy type look... and boy does Cloud's hair have that :gonk: The spikiness of it just makes the whole thing so sexy. :8F: I like how it's short, too. It shows a guy does less "taking care" of it if it's shorter... so... yeah. :wacky: And yeah, I know technically nobody's hair could be like that without styling it, but I don't think SE intended on his hair looking like something that a man had to style it into. He's supposed to look like a badboy, and spikey hair achieves that. :mokken:

My favorite part is the back of his head. I love how it just spikes up like the way it does. I can't explain it, all I can say is, if a dude in real life had that hair, I'd have to touch the back of the head just to see how it feels. :wacky: It's just a delicious haircut to see on a guy. :jess:

THIS. With you there 100% girlfriend. :wacky:

I'm going to be 100% original and say Cloud has the best hair. I mean, come on. Nobody had hair like that previously in the games (or at least as dramatic as his)and the man does pull it off very well. He does look totally badass with it and for that he gets props. Every main character since has been emulating him, and for a reason -- it's cool. Cali basically said everything I was going to on the subject. :wacky:

A close second would have to be Reno. I mean, take a look:

7ac-reno-1.jpg

I've seen plenty of mullets before, but this is the only one I actually like. (Go look it up, there's no other haircut that definitively fits what you see here.) Not to mention that it perfectly fits Reno in all his crazy-lazy attitude, which is the only way I really know how to describe it. And besides, can you name another red-headed character in all the Final Fantasy games? (Pink does NOT count, nor does Axel since SE openly admitted that he's just an Expy of Reno.)

Thought so. Therefore, Reno gets second place for having an improbable hair cut and totally pulling it off with style! :dave:

As far as the chica's go, I'll stick with Tifa for one very good reason -- it looks like the most mundane hair cut ever (at least the AC version). No style, no highlights, no accessories, just plain hair. She has to be the ONLY FF character I can recall off the top of my head that has a hair cut I've actually seen before. Her realism nets her first prize, and the fact that she doesn't need crazy hair to look good.

A close second would have to be Fang from 13. It looks crazy but actually looks pretty bitchin'. Though she looks like she just tumbled out of bed, she rocks that hair style pretty darn well. Lightning doesn't get shit because she has pink hair. Of all the realistic texture and colors SE has ever used -- despite impossible styles -- they had to go give her an impossible color, the first ever in FF. And of all the scintillating colors in the spectrum, they had to give her...... pink. :ffs: I mean, if you're going to give her an impossibly color, why not electric purple?

Square indeed loves their hairstyling.

My most favorite of all is Squall's hair. Because it's simple, dammit, and a color that actually exists in nature...and not blonde. Seriously, I find it very entertaining that he's one of the few FF protagonists with dark (non-blond or other Aryan/light color) hair. I think he's got the best hair simply because I can actually believe it's realistic even without all the detail of next-gen graphics. I also liked it because it said something about his personality; it's practical and without frills, just like the guy. It looks a bit neglected, like all he does is give it a combing in the morning after waking up and then forgetting all about it--which is exactly what 90% of people actually do.

As for the girls, my most favorite is a tie between Yuna (FFX only, her FFX-2 rat-tail was disgusting) and Rinoa, again because of the realistic styles and the fact that at one time or another I actually emulated those hairstyles. They're both nice, low-maintenance hairstyles that suit ladies of action like them. Yuna's is more elegant, Rinoa's is more ordinary and even girly, which I find very appropriate.

I guess in a similar vein, Lulu's comes in second because it's just so darn good-looking... hell, Lulu herself is a great-looking character and I'd love to be able to dress like that and get away with it D: Lulu is the sex symbol of FF and I hate to say it, but I'd hit her. So badly.

Non-FF example, but I have a soft spot for Ashley Riot's insane 'antennae-hair' in Vagrant Story. I make a joke about it concerning how broken the man is, anyway. He's so powerful even his hair bitchslaps the law of gravity and physics. It's ridiculous but it's so amusing I don't care.

On the other end of the spectrum, my least favorite is Cloud's. Just...Chocobo-head. I never was able to take him even remotely seriously with that hairdo. I just feel like it kinda ruined him.

I like Sephiroth's hair, actually, I love male characters with silver long hair, it is not reality, you can say. But it is sexy and beautiful. Sephiroth's hair is a big truble for devoloping groop, his hair was animated by hand.

I have some interesting comments about hair cuts on FFVII:

It must takes half hour for Sephiroth to wash his head. By the way, he must wears some kinds of colorless hair pins so that his hair wouldn't disorder during fighting.

Cloud wastes half hour or more on his spiky hair every day. So he is very weak in SOLDIER, he has no time to practice his enemy skills.

The most time-saving hair style on FFVII is Tifa's hair, except Cid, Rude and Barret, I think. All she need to do is to wash it, then let it dry in wind.

Last edited:
Back