Game of Thrones TV Series

Latest episode was pretty damn good!

"I'll be your champion" Ahhhhh maaaaaan. Now we have to wait two bloody weeks to see this shit going down! :(

i can finally read this thread now without fear of spoilers and your sig finally makes sense to me now, @Prince Oberyn Martel :lew:

i was abit behind but had a marathon recently and watched all 4 seasons in a row. The Hound has somehow become one of my favourite characters. Gutted Danaerys has kicked Jorah out, I've liked her fromt he off, but she's getting a bit tiresome for me now we've reached the end of season 4 ):

Totally cheered when Joffrey got it as well, woohoo!

...and for whatever reason, i really fancy Tyrion hahahaha

Also, was shae playing him all along? Or is she just genuinely stupid and didn't realise he was pushing her away when he told her to sod off? LOVED the ending where he shot Tywin, and im assuming that second bolt killed him as as soon as Varys heard the bells sounding, he decided to hop back on the boat and leave with Tyrion-box. I like Varys.

Im really excited to see where Aryas story is going to take her and bran to. must admit i was finding the whole wildling story abit dull, but that battle was pretty cool, gutted Pip got shot ont he neck and that other guy getting done in by the giant ): And Ygritte getting shot by that kid, i could never decide whether i liked or loathed her but i bawled when she died lol

Wish Prince Oberyn was with us longer as well, that was a bit on the gruesome side

i've never liked ygritte, i find her annoying.

annoyingly season 5 is going to be even worse for daenerys, the point that she's at now in the books is really dull. interestingly, sansa and bran have both already caught up to where they are in the books, so anything for them in season 5 is going to be completely new.

yeah tom was saying that, well, about bran anyway. I really hope the hound isnt actually dead... hes what, got a broken leg and a couple of chunks bitten out of his neck? I love him so much, tom doesnt understand it, he hates him but i think hes great haha. I hope they do something with danearys that is interesting, all she seems to do is talk to people in that pyramid. and now shes locked her dragons away... wtf, sort yer head out woman, if i had dragons id let them charcoal whatever the hell they wanted

Ygritte annoyed me too, but there was something likable about her, i just can't put my finger on what

i havent read the books btw, well, im half way through book 1, so that's what im gunna be doing with my time now i think

Oooh, didn't see this here.

I literally could not care less about Jon Snow, the Wildlings, the Wall/Knightswatch or anything to do with them. They could lift out of the show and make absolutely no difference whatsoever. I appreciate the story's building up there in the background but I just don't care about any of the characters there. Same with Bran and his silly quest - less of you, more of Tyrion, please.

I'm a bit disappointed with Daenarys at the moment - she had so much potential but has just become self-righteous about slavery and nothing else. Locking up your dragons? Way to kill your last redeeming feature! Incidentally, I've never found her character very believable - she went from being raped/slave to her brother to Queen of Essos overnight. It's a very sharp change in her character.

I love everything going on in King's Landing the most - Tyrion and Varys being the best, but it's gone a bit downhill since Joffrey died (Mountain vs Viper the exception but, even then, it was a 5 minute scene).

I still don't get why every person, website, journal and possible source says the finale was the best episode ever. It was sinfully dull, save for Brienne's fight with the Hound (RIGHT IN THE FANNY!) and Tyrion's escape. The writers said they're not sure how they'll top it - did I blink and miss something interesting?

it's because that episode totally changed the dynamic of the show. tywin (arguably the most powerful man in westeros) is dead, and the lannister family name is all but done with. tyrion is now a fugitive and has to make big adjustments. stannis has shown some real power and is looking more like he could be a king, and bran has gone down a really interesting path.

i've never understood why so many people are fans of stannis baratheon. he's a bit of a tough bastard, but he's a very two dimensional character

i liked the last episode, tyrions escape at least! when he said 'you're not my son' and he was like yes i am! *shoots*

im really excited for season 5 with how it was all left off, its all in a shambles in kings landing now!

Totally agree with you about danearys though, walker. what the hell is she playing at :/

i can finally read this thread now without fear of spoilers and your sig finally makes sense to me now, @Prince Oberyn Martel :lew:

Also, was shae playing him all along? Or is she just genuinely stupid and didn't realise he was pushing her away when he told her to sod off? LOVED the ending where he shot Tywin, and im assuming that second bolt killed him as as soon as Varys heard the bells sounding, he decided to hop back on the boat and leave with Tyrion-box. I like Varys.
Noticed my avatar aswell? :wacky:

It is hard to say about Shae. In the books she was pretty much just a whore but on the show they made her much more likeable. Book Shae wouldn't of cared about being told to shove off, or at least not as much, but on the show it seems she did feel something for Tyrion.

Tywins end at the hands (or rather trigger finger) of Tyrion was one of the moments I had been waiting for most all season, along with the Viper V Mountain fight. Left me a little disappointed though as a lot of character development for Tyrion and others that builds up to that moment had been left out, making it less impressive than expected. When you read it in the books you'll see what I mean.

i've never liked ygritte, i find her annoying.

annoyingly season 5 is going to be even worse for daenerys, the point that she's at now in the books is really dull. interestingly, sansa and bran have both already caught up to where they are in the books, so anything for them in season 5 is going to be completely new.
This annoys me to no end. Will be interesting to see where they go from here but I guess its all just alternate fan-fiction from here on out. I don't think we'll see much of them, with much of their screen time given to other characters yet to be introduced, but what we will see is going to be new.

It'll be interesting to see where season 5 goes. Its pretty much known we'll see a lot of Dorne and Braavos but I've heard little talk of the Greyjoys. Somethings that happened in season 4 raise concerns about later events, such as Brienne and what is in store for her...

apparently they are planning on the kingsmoot for season 5, so we'll probably see a lot more of the greyjoys. i wouldn't be overly bothered if that was all cut out though, because i find them to be completely inconsequential in the books

Funny, the Greyjoys are probably what I'm most excited for in season 5. While their actions may seem inconsequential, they make their presence known, and I have a feeling that they'll be important to some small degree (at the very least) in the grand scheme of things. Here's hoping the Kingsmoot is awesome.

Regardless, there's so much more to cover in the upcoming season that I doubt we'll be overwhelmed with Greyjoy shenanigans anyway. It seems like they're hyping up Dorne quite a bit, not to mention the goings-on in the North, at King's Landing, and across the Narrow Sea. It sounds like the plan is to cram the remaining events of books 4 and 5 (and of course what crumbs remain of book 3) into the next season--that's a whole heck of a lot of content to jam into 10 episodes. It'll definitely feel different from what we've seen so far, but I think it will be an interesting change of pace.

And with the recent news that Hodor (and possibly Bran, though I'm not sure if that's been confirmed) won't be showing up next season, it makes me wonder if events at the Vale are going to be put on hold for another year as well.

As for the season 4 finale, I was actually a bit disappointed with it. There were a handful of things that rubbed me the wrong way, but particularly the (relatively) high note that Tyrion and Jamie's relationship ended on and the omission of Tywin's statement regarding the whereabouts of whores. (Although I am happy that things with Brienne didn't go the way that everyone had seemed to be hoping/expecting them to go.) Having said that, it was still a decent episode with lots of game-changers going on, and that's really all we can ask for in the end.

Isaac Hempstead-Wright isn't going to be returning either. This could make it a nightmare when it comes to season 6, or whenever they decide to bring Bran back because he'll have changed a lot by then, but I don't really think they could easily recast him. I don't think they'll completely cut Sansa for the new season because she's more of a popular character, and she represents a good level of normality and innocence compared to the rest of the characters.

On the bright side, George R. R. Martin has said that he's not going to be writing any episodes this season so that he can try and concentrate on finishing Winds of Winter. He will still have Exec Producer responsibilities and creative input, but it shouldn't take up too much of his time

Yeah, the kid has already grown so much since season 1 that seeing him show up again in season 6 after skipping a year will probably be a little jarring, but a recast would be even more jarring. But you're probably right about Sansa appearing next season--leaving out too many of the remaining regulars would probably feel too weird, and I think she and Littlefinger have less of an excuse to be missing for an extended period of time than Bran does.

And I am definitely glad that George announced his efforts to buckle down and finish working on Winds. He hasn't given himself much time to wrap up the series considering that they keep saying that the plan has always been to finish the show after the books, and not the other way around. I feel bad that he's under so much pressure to meet a deadline that's looming on the horizon, but I also can't help but feel like he kind of got himself into this jam.

It's because he doesn't seem all that focused on finishing them. He has other books that he writes, and there's a series of short stories set in Westeros called Dunk and the Egg. He goes to parties and all kinds of press releases and generally lives the high life. I can't blame him to be honest, but it's frustrating for us fans

I absolutely love this series.

I started watching the 1st episode with my wife about 2 years ago and I wasn't really getting into it. Then at the end of the episode when Bran got throne out of the Tower by Jamie, I was hooked. The show finally had a twist to it. I've seen all 4 seasons so far and can't wait until Season 5 starts airing. (Next Spring I think?)

Favorite character by far is Peter Dinklage at Tyrion. Really was into the Prince in the 4th Season too before he...uh...lost his one on one combat battle. I think I could have liked him a lot. Soooo ready for the next season!

Back