Reviews Dragon Age 2 [PS3]

lugiaXDG009er

Bigass White bird that can deep dive and swim the
Gil
Well I noticed that there weren't any reviews here for the game and I decided that maybe there should be one.

Dragon Age 2 is the awaited sequel to dragon age: origins. However this game doesn't have the origins feel since you are sent into the game as a set character with his/her own voice. You then spend the game playing as Hawke carving your own path through the story, or so you'd think.

Unlike its predecessor you spend the majority of your time in dragon age 2 working your way up the social ladder of Kirkwall. You start off as a refugee escaping Fereldan as the blight begins to worsen but more than that I will not say.

As you spend your time working your way up in the world you are forced to make decisions to side with either the templars or the mages which is one of the conflicts in the story you will need to deal with.

As I said before you play this game as a set character named Hawke. You meet various characters through out the game and you get your whole party assembled by the end of act 1. Yes acts you see unlike before this game takes place spanning over 10 years. There are very few notable characters though except the Arishok who in my opinion has some of the best dialogue in the game.

The game does sort of hold back on the tutorial which I was glad of because they did give you very straight forward controls and during loading it does tell you some of the more important controls such as the radial menu that allows you to pause the game and micro manage your party of 4. The battle sequences are much smoother and unlike before there isn't any sudden pause of your character when they switch their actions in the middle of performing another such as using health potion when you have decided to use a skill.

Though you do only spend most of your time in this game just going through the city taking a large amount of quests, you only do actually have about 12 different settings and that's if your including all the extra smaller settings that repeat for that type of structure. For example all the caves in the game save a few have the same labyrinth in it now although these leads to some very easy Item finding it does get a little boring at times. Though they do make up for this with amazing graphics and some amazing fights that are almost never easy.

I do have a few problems with this game. For anyone that played origins you will remember the dialogue tree that you used to progress through those little wordy battles and try to come out the other side as the winner, well they are still there but they have managed to ruin it. They have a new system in place that involves a small radial menu an icon to tell you what each piece of dialogue is such as a joke or a political answer or a lie, yeah really ruined the ability to need to deduce whether or not something will start a fight when you can see the icon telling you this piece of dialogue for your character will start a fight. Another thing is some of the dialogue is out of place i can't give you an example as many of them are spoilers. Another thing is that you could pick any decision in the radial menu and you will always come out with the same outcome except for some small things now I know that it was like that in origins but you didn't really notice it. The other problem is at some points no matter what you do Hawke always seems to take the money even if you don't want him to which was honestly just making me feel like everything I did was kind of just evil.

Overall I believe it is a beautifully made game with some blemishes in an amazing game from a fantastic team of creators and I'd give it an 8/10 and would definitely recommend you buy it as it has nothing to do with the first one you will enjoy this game even more if you haven't played the first one.

Back