FFX-2 Worst final fantasy ever

cool-wings

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Final fantasy x-2 lacked in a lot of things that could of made it a good game but is it acctually the worst final fantasy ever.

When i had first played the game I had acctually like it only because i liked the end but when i replayed it i hated it and after playing some other ff i had thourght was the worst ff ever.:O

Dose anyone think its that bad to be call the worst ff ever

Please give me your opinion on ffx-2:)

Definately. I mean I liked it, but the music was awful, Yuna and Rikku look like sluts, and the gameplay wasn't that great. Story was alright, but overall the game wasn't too good. It didn't even feel like a Final Fantasy game. (Except for the fact that the characters were in it.)

i have to strongly disagree.

Dissidia and Final Fantasy XIII are pretty horrible, XIII taking a bit of a lead over Dissidia due to just how shit it is in general compared to how shit Dissidia is because of it's gameplay.

Final Fantasy XIII makes FFX-2 look like a mothership title. Like how ugly girls make girls less ugly than they are seem less ugly than they are when they stand beside each other.

i have to strongly disagree.

Dissidia and Final Fantasy XIII are pretty horrible, XIII taking a bit of a lead over Dissidia due to just how shit it is in general compared to how shit Dissidia is because of it's gameplay.

Final Fantasy XIII makes FFX-2 look like a mothership title. Like how ugly girls make girls less ugly than they are seem less ugly than they are when they stand beside each other.

Dissdia isn't shit, it's a completely different gametype. As it's own unique mix of Beat-em-up/RPG, it's a great game. It's also got an interesting storyline that makes no sense whatsoever.

No. Final Fantasy XIII is the worst. Bad, awful characters and just terribly linear from the very beginning, and also it's more of a movie than a game. You can't even get a game over. X-2 okay, it's not the best. But at least, you can actually die, and go to different places at will. :mokken:

Dissdia isn't shit

the description "shit" is subjective

you might like just sitting there and doing the same thing five times in a row until the CPU decides to stop being a massive cunt just because it can, but I don't.

nah.

FFXII is the worst FF.
No plot or character developement.
Lame espers that aren't worth getting.
Magic powers not completely developed.
Underpowered weapons.
Finding items is such a chore. The silly bazaar.
Other faults.
Matsuno leaving before the game is finished really hampered it in my opinion.I can't understand why some people say they love it when it's so incomplete compared to Matsuno's previous efforts.

FFX-2, even if you don't like it has well developed characters and a good plot although some fans don't like the girl power combo/charlie's angels motif.
I don't need my heroes to be males in a rpg.
Having female heroes is fine with me.

shrugs.

FFXIII has a lot of flaws and while not up to an FF standard is an acceptable rpg.
I do wish it had been better.
It seems to me that the game designers completely forgot how to make an FF.Almost like they were newbies and were starting from scratch.

shrugs.

nah.

FFXII is the worst FF.
No plot or character developement.
Lame espers that aren't worth getting.
Magic powers not completely developed.
Underpowered weapons.
Finding items is such a chore. The silly bazaar.
Other faults.
Matsuno leaving before the game is finished really hampered it in my opinion.I can't understand why some people say they love it when it's so incomplete compared to Matsuno's previous efforts.

FFX-2, even if you don't like it has well developed characters and a good plot although some fans don't like the girl power combo/charlie's angels motif.
I don't need my heroes to be males in a rpg.
Having female heroes is fine with me.

shrugs.

FFXIII has a lot of flaws and while not up to an FF standard is an acceptable rpg.
I do wish it had been better.
It seems to me that the game designers completely forgot how to make an FF.Almost like they were newbies and were starting from scratch.

shrugs.

I pretty much agree with this. FFXII is by far the worst FF I've played. There are so many things I disliked about that game, and Wolf here has named most of them.

So is X-2 the worst? No. Is it in the bottom three? Not to me. Bottom five? Maybe.

i agree with the last 2 comments XII was rubbish (every one stop hating on XIII i love it) back to X-2, i thought it was a fun little game it didn't really feel like a true FF, the only thing that bothered me about it was how weak the characters and bosses are, other than that it was ok, definately not the worst

I agree,FFX/VI is my fave game and everytime I think about the game Final Fantasy X as a whole I dismiss all that's happened in X-2,In other words I don't even consider this a sequel. XII wasnt that bad in terms of gameplay,world but one big turn off was the story which was arguably the worst in the FF series, and FF are renowned for their story-telling and most people like me play FF purely because of the story. XIII was a good FF I'm not gonna go into why I think that is but anyone who wants to bash it feel free, no one cares....Besides I can't believe people would pick such a girly and childish game like X-2 over XIII or even XII.

I certainly hope SE never take this popstar/diva route again.

I found XIII to be the worst FF thus far...hell it made XII seem like a frikken gem to me and I detested XII for the longest time.
I consider everything after X-2 to be propper shite.
X-2 I think was a good game it realy appealed to me and I found all the little sidequests fun. WHile I dont think it was grade A I hardly consider it the worst.
At least this game you had to use your brain.

It's actually a really fun game that brings some more closure to FFX's story. Sure it has an approach vastly different from the other games in the series, but I find that refreshing. It is, in my opinion, a good change of pace for the series, even if it just one game.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks any other Final Fantasy other than II is the worst Final Fantasy has clearly never played Final Fantasy II. End of thread.

I found XIII to be the worst FF thus far...hell it made XII seem like a frikken gem to me and I detested XII for the longest time.
I consider everything after X-2 to be propper shite.
X-2 I think was a good game it realy appealed to me and I found all the little sidequests fun. WHile I dont think it was grade A I hardly consider it the worst.
At least this game you had to use your brain.

Right so one of the main reasons why FFX-2 isnt the worst but shite is because it at least required you to use your brain right?

But with all respect to your brain,generally people found FFXIII hard, some went on to even called it the hardest FF ever. Even the normal battles were hard unlike this.......oh and I'm guessing you didnt do the missions either? (You definately woulda found out what hard meant if you tried beating the long gui or tried to 5* mission 64 which I havent done and I'm 125 hours into the game).

FFXIII isnt the worst :ness:
It's X-2 :hmph:

Right so one of the main reasons why FFX-2 isnt the worst but shite is because it at least required you to use your brain right?

But with all respect to your brain,generally people found FFXIII hard, some went on to even called it the hardest FF ever. Even the normal battles were hard unlike this.......oh and I'm guessing you didnt do the missions either? (You definately woulda found out what hard meant if you tried beating the long gui or tried to 5* mission 64 which I havent done and I'm 125 hours into the game).

FFXIII isnt the worst :ness:
It's X-2 :hmph:

I realy havent had any problem or dificulty at all with the game .....To be honest its super easy and nine times out of ten I dont bother to look at the tv while playing it....for XIII
If you want help with 5 staring mission 64 ...
Beat the mark first to get the gold watch ,equip the watch then beat it again and you should five star it

Setting aside the FFXII hate :huh:, FFX-2 wasn't THAT bad. Its version of the ATB system was one of the most refined, being able to chain combo attacks and switch in/out of jobs during battle kept me playing. Unlocking new abilities via points(my inner FFT fan), some redeeming musical pieces, being able to go mostly anywhere, a percentage score for progress and differing endings kept you searching and having things to do.

Lenne/Shuyin were also more likable than Tidus/Yuna.

Sadly, it got bogged down by a ridiculous cast of characters, completely revamping Yuna/Rikku(I suppose Nomura wanted a reason to draw boobs) making them less likable than their previous incarnations (I liked Paine more, I mean really
:|?), and the remaining lackluster music.

Even with all that, FFX-2 has made me rage less than FFII/FFIII. And for that, it can't be in the bottom bracket in my barrel.

Seriously what the hell, FFXII hate in an X-2 topic? Really? Since when was it okay to bash other FFs in unrelated threads?

I'll at least be a bit on topic, this is the only FF i struggled to complete because of the shock from the change of pace after X (in this case i went into the game expecting X's atmosphere...and didn't get it, which threw me back). Had they toned down the girly feel to everything, it would have been much easier on my senses.

Most of them were pretty bad. Even the best one, IX, became boring and lost focus after the first disc. How can you choose a worst out of a bunch like this? It's like choosing which one of your limbless bastard mutant children you hate the most.

How is this game bad at all? Sure, the story is pretty slight (especially as the follow-up to Final Fantasy X), and the game is comical and breezy, but is there really anything inherently wrong with that? The gameplay is absolutely amazing; I'm having a blast playing through it. I can't imagine this game being the worst in the series, especially if the criteria is based on sheer "fun". The only gripe I have is that the game has a much heavier focus on minigames and side quests than the main story, but even that is refreshing.

Last edited:
Back