FFX-2 Worst final fantasy ever

No, I actually like X-2. Granted, I'm not that far, but I love the battle and dressphere system, and the complete change of pace from X.

The title of worst, in my opinion, goes to XII. Cannot stand the battle system, and the lord of the rings-styled appearance.

Final Fantasy X-2

FFX-2
I have to admit, first playing through this... I thought it was a really good game. I enjoyed it and would play for hours everyday. Until I actually played FFX. Theeen it all changed for me. I would have personally felt cheated if I had played FFX first only to buy and try FFX-2 to discover the massive difference in the two games. Compared to FFX, FFX-2 is a huge disappointment in my eyes.

Dissidia
This is the game that I think is the worst in the Final Fantasy series. Yes, there is fighting. And some sort of storyline. Does it interest me? No. All I see is a fan made cross-over with pointless fight after fight with occasional cut scenes. My lover adores it but I just can't get into it like he is. Though I did go through the trouble of getting Aerith for Dissidia 012. xD

FFXIII
...I do like it. However, it's like another FFX-2 for me. Looking back on previous games, it could have been a lot better. The graphics were amazing, the characters were all different yet with similar goals... but the battle system and such just couldn't suck me into the game. I'd play it for days then not touch it again until months later.

These three are my least favorite games.
...Though I'd still play them anyway.

Nope it was not the worst Final Fantasy ever at all. Surely it was easy towards the end as long as you fought every battle. Considering I loved Final Fantasy X, I do not think the sequel would be the worst. I really do like Final Fantasy X better though. Surely Yuna, Rikku and Paine were so girly girl but I still enjoyed it nonetheless . Yuna had a better role/character in FFX though. Just thought I would revive this as I just completed X-2 last night. :) When you look at X-2, it really looks just so girly compared to X, but I can understand why Yuna changed like that. In my opinion it is not the worst at all. It probably is not even considered a true sequel to some. To me however, I think it cleared up things quite nicely.

Sure is a a lot of FF XII hate in this thread. I actually thought FF XII was really good, and much better than X-2. :hmmm:

I haven't read the thread .But I feel FFXII was the worst of the numbered FF's.If you exclude things like the Chocobo games and Mystic Quest.

The reasons for FFXII's shortcomings stem entirely I believe from Matsuno's breakdown and departure from Square.The game was incomplete and it amazes me that some fans defend it when it lacks so much compared to Matusno's masterpiece Tactics.

FFX-2 gets a bum rap imo because it's not a hard core game and because it's an all female party.
Some fans are mysogenists sadly or so it would seem to me.

FFX-2 gets a bum rap imo because it's not a hard core game and because it's an all female party. Some fans are mysogenists sadly or so it would seem to me.

I've seen a lot of criticisms towards FFX-2, but I've never really gained the impression of misogyny outside of blatant troll comments. I have seen some people commentating on how FFX-2's all female cast makes the game seem a bit girly, but that predominantly came from people who weren't long-time players of the Final Fantasy games. I am a bit puzzled as to how it isn't a hardcore game though. Sure, it had a load of minigames (that were actually tedious), but it isn't the first FF game to, and it was moderately easier to complete, but at heart it is still quite a reasonably lengthed RPG.

By no means did I think that FFX-2 was the worst, but I do think it is sub-par on quite a few levels. I won't discuss my concern for how they have portrayed some of the characters, how they have portrayed some of the new characters and their more questionable attempts to convey the theme of change. The battle system is perhaps one of the most well-realised ones in the whole franchise, but I was disappointed at the lack of newness. Very few new locations, new enemies and with Spira being marginally just retreaded ground just made me think of FFX-2 as being more of a bolt-on to FFX than its own game. Couldn't they have included some more new areas at least?

If you were aiming to get a full 100% completion percentage in the game, THEN it quickly becomes one of the least fun and most daunting experiences ever. If like me, you just rushed through, it's far more tolerable. The non-linear style was actually alright despite the aforementioned issue of primarily retreaded ground. In terms of the story however, I do think it's perhaps the weakest one I've seen yet in the more recent FF entries that comes with some totally wtf-moments that made me wonder whether or not FFX-2's Spira was the same Spira as the one in FFX.

Tl;dr, not quite the worst. Weak in many areas, but not the worst.

The reasons for FFXII's shortcomings stem entirely I believe from Matsuno's breakdown and departure from Square.The game was incomplete and it amazes me that some fans defend it when it lacks so much compared to Matusno's masterpiece Tactics.
Despite the fact that this isn't a FFXII discussion thread, I am curious at this; just how was FFXII incomplete? And what is so unusual about FFXII having its fans that are able to defend it? What exactly does it lack?

Out of the FF games I have played, I think it's my least favourite, but I wouldn't describe it as "worst", the word "worst" implies that I hated it, which I didn't, I really liked it. It's just that there are FF games I have liked more.
So yeah, least favourite, but not worst.

I don't hate X-2. I just disliked having played X and having them change everything I liked about it. But it has it's good parts. You get to go around Spira again. I didn't do all of the little missions at the very beginning like I should've so I was kind of underleveled and everything I was fighting was way overleveled and battles took a bit long. Oh well. I'll get back to it eventually.

And all of you XII haters in here need to get your panties out of a bunch. People that hated on XII are why we got XIII ;) XII is an awesome game and all of you need to enjoy it properly :mokken:

I understand a lot of the dislike for FFX-2, it was, as I said, pure cheesefest, from the second you put the disc in and pressed start (well, the second time for me, I had to take my first copy back to the shop because it had been damaged during manufacture- there were flaws in the silver layer) when "Yuna" turns up singing real: Emotion (which I actually really like- then again, I grew up a Steps fan...) wearing skimpy clothing. But look beyond the clothing and the "oh poopie" mentality, and I actually think it's a really enjoyable game. I think it's enjoyable because it has so much to do- a lot of the sidequests do tie into the main theme. OK, prancing around in a hot spring doesn't have much to do with finding out where Tidus is and who Shuyin and Lenne are, but it does have its redeeming features. The battle system is really enjoyable, and again, if you look past the near nakedness of the characters, the changing of the dresspheres within battle is really handy- we've all played other FF games and thought "what I really need is a Knight about now" and you've got three different Mages...

Overall I think it's a good game. I tend to play it between other FFs because I find them quite taxing on my brain- FFX-2 always feels like a game that's easy to play, even if some of the stuff is quite complicated. I must admit, first time I played, I was disappointed with my 57% completion score, but hey, new game+ is always handy :D

Right so one of the main reasons why FFX-2 isnt the worst but shite is because it at least required you to use your brain right?

But with all respect to your brain,generally people found FFXIII hard, some went on to even called it the hardest FF ever. Even the normal battles were hard unlike this.......oh and I'm guessing you didnt do the missions either? (You definately woulda found out what hard meant if you tried beating the long gui or tried to 5* mission 64 which I havent done and I'm 125 hours into the game).

FFXIII isnt the worst :ness:
It's X-2 :hmph:

None of the missions are even close to being hard. For all the hype the missions got as being the main sidequest in XIII I was really REALLY disappointed. They were all just like the game:easy as shit. Even Vorcingetorix(sp?) who happened to have the most hp and was insanely fast turned out to be quite easy. If I can 5 star each mission in 1-2 tries that's pretty ridiculous. The missions were a joke.

X-2 wasn't the worst imo. I found myself enjoying it alot more than I did XIII. Which I know isn't saying alot but it's enough to keep it up from being the worst. What was a big reason why? NPS's, an airship, you could go to other locations, you know, stuff that you couldn't do in XIII.
Biggest fucking joke of the series will forever be XIII.

I think it's unfair to compare FFX-2 next to others in the "main" series. It's clearly a lot less serious, and was made using a lot of the blueprints from FFX, and basically smacks of fanservice. X-2 is a fun game in its own right, the job system is great, and was a nice extension for FFX fans who wanted more. That's all it is.

I'm not telling others that they shouldn't view it in the same light as FFX, FFXIII etc., it's just I choose not to.

While I do see where you're coming from, the fact is that people will always compare like that because it has Final Fantasy in its name. I personally don't have a problem doing that because I do it as well. Just because it may be a spinoff and not necessarily one of the "main games" it doesn't change the fact that it still has Final Fantasy in its name. So that alone makes it "free game" for any comparison and rankings IMO.

Back