April 22, 2011, 1:33 PM
The perfect job guide (also some of the first world).
I read a job faq and twisted it basically. Here's my plan. I'm not the newb I was. I did the homework, I know what I'm talking about. I was going to do the first world, but changed my mind. Also, I forgot to change the thread title.
NOTE: Plan equipment buying accordingly. If you don't have all of your jobs by the void. Buy any equipment that you'll need as a mime/freelancer.
1. Knight (Just flat out Necessary for Bartz)
2. Ninja (Has an innate ability similar to the Genji Glove. Works well with
3. Ranger (His rapid fire works well with the genji glove ability)
4: Monk (up to counter)
5. Samurai Lv 3 (You can go to LV 6 if you want for the samurai Katana ability but I'll stick with swords).
1. White Mage
3. Knight (for equip armor, equip swords, and stat bonus).
4. Ninja (might as well master Ranger and Ninja if you master Knight)
5. Ranger (Rapid Fire adds a third action command for mime).
6. Samurai LV 3
1. Knight (You have equip swords for when he's mastering mage jobs).
2. White Mage
6. Samurai lv 3
4. Monk (up to counter)
5. Samurai (LV 3)
6. White Mage (LV 5) (Helps to have a secondary white mage for the void, just to not waste MP in between Battles)
Last edited by TheHunter427; April 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM.
October 1, 2011, 4:45 PM
Interesting guide; I notice there is no mention of Blue mages and Black mages? I keep using Blue mages to have a more complete game via learning all the skills. I think I might be wasting time doing that though!
October 1, 2011, 10:51 PM
I'm going to move this thread to the Legacy Installment Help Booth...since its more you giving game advice to the other members, more so than a topic for general Final Fantasy V game discussion. (Thread moved to the Legacy Installment Help Booth).
Set by Six
October 6, 2011, 1:59 PM
Cool, might follow your guide ^^
October 6, 2011, 9:27 PM
What I've found out so far Jonathan is that if you train up a mage and make them a lancer later, you have a powerful character. Also, combining a thief and a ninja gives you the ability to steal while remaining deadly.
Also, sorcerors are underrated!
October 7, 2011, 9:52 AM
Ok, thanks for the advice I don't have those as options yet,
I'm only about 6 hours into the game so far, but today I'm gonna get a lot further!
October 10, 2011, 8:54 PM
Sorry for the mini-spoilers there Jonathan. My tactics changed throughout the game to be honest. I've reached the end now and I can tell you; this game is a tough one! Best of luck though, its worth sticking with, its a great game.