Creating a GotW

Ethics

Banned
Veteran
Gil
In hopes of creating some action on both sides on our gaming competition, despite the fact that it's hard to even out users on certain platforms I'm suggesting this to you all. The reason I'm posting it here instead of the suggestions thread is so that all gamers are welcome to help tailor this to our needs. This is not us suggesting to staff, this is us organizing ourselves. All feedback and CC is not only welcome, but appreciated. :neomon:

What I am suggesting is a rotating game calender. Just as we have the Signature and Avatar of the week, we can have our own competitions. My idea works like this. Members will propose games to be added to a list, if the game recieves enough votes (you need the game to vote in, obviously) then it will be added to said list. The games will then rotate in and out of our Game of the Week spot. Example being three games are proposed to be added. Games 1 and 2 recieve enough votes, but 3 does not. Games 1 and 2 will rotate each week untill new games are added. Game 3 is not without hope, as it can still be added if it's player base grows and the new players vote in.

Different systems is an issue, so we need to be very clear about what game we are proposing/own. Also, if we have too many games are added to the active rotation we can have different competitions for the seperate consoles, but the same game. Shrinking the list, but increasing the participants for the week. This list is not purely for PC and consoles, however. DS, PSP and Wii owners are welcome to add their games to the list and have every right to hold the GotW slot untill our list grows.

(copy/pastes game type examples from the suggestion thread)

We could obviously tailor details to better fit the girth of our player base for said competitions. Details would alter per game, but there is no reason we could not get creative.

There is the ever obvious death match, or team death match. One match would really be pretty short and weak, so it might be best to average together amounts. Collecting scores would be a pain so another option would be to have a score keeper in the match. Said score keeper can record the top three and average together scores after whatever set amount of rounds. First could be worth 3 points, second 2 and third 1. This is just a rough draft still, so it could use improvement.

Capture the flag style games, best two out of three with set teams. Whatever team wins, plays a final free for all to determine the single winner. Or maybe the winner can even be determined by the amount of captures.

Co-op games are not ruled out either. If each game has a nuetral time keeper, we could do speed runs of games. Also, for games that have survival modes we can have a competition who can survive the most rounds.

Fighting games (MK, anyone?) have the obvious tournament style competition we can do.

To be honest, though, this all entirely from a PS3 owner's perspective. People with games such as Pokemon or whatever are free to set up their own guidelines and set the games in rotation. I have no idea how Wii, DS or PSP games work so I cannot give you valid suggestions for these things.

I remember you talking about this when we were comparing it to the SotW's. I think with games like MK it would especially be easy to keep up who won, and games like those can be Clan vs. Clan as well.

Make a team of say 4-4, participant 1 clan A will go against participant 1 of Clan B, etc etc.

I also think there's plenty of people owning either a PS3 or an Xbox, so... there will most likely be a smaller group of Xboxers but they can still compete with each other. It's kinda like... GIMP vs Photoshop artists. We manage. It's possible.

I think it's a good idea, SOTW has it's high and low moments, so even if there's a few slow weeks, there might also be some really fun weeks in here, which makes it worth it.

Good luck getting this on the go. :ryan:

I Support this because Pockets forced me too... well no... but I do actually support it.

Atm it's just the clans playing against the people in their own team for fun, it would be cool to add a little competition between both CX and Tantalus by having regular gaming days.

Not sure how you'd work out the times because of the time zones but I can still see this working :)

I see no major problems with this. The only problem I do have with it is the amount of people who will participate. It's not like S/AotW where you have a week to turn in an entry. Timing is more strict when it comes to gaming for different people and if something unexpected comes up then it would throw everything off track. Not to mention with most student's finals will be coming up so that won't help much. It really sounds like this idea would benefit more once everyone gets out of class.

You're right, but as Kira said the other competitions have their low points as well. Our high points will be when people are out. (y) I'm certain we can work out a time for everyone to work with when setting the games up, though. :ryan: Early in the evening for those on the east side of the pond, is early afternoon in the west etc etc. :wacky:

Im up for this however do I need to be in a clan persé? I dont want to join CX seems too much hassle.:P Im looking forward to MK ..NL is GMT+1 and that might be a problem for americano's..

I don't think this would 'need' a clan, so to speak. I think Jeff's working on setting up something as a little gamer section, so you guys can start this without actually having to be in a gaming clan in order to join. It think it'd basically be open for everyone, seeing the people in Tantalus, and Cruxis have so many different games.

Alright I like this idea very much..Pockets you should OWN BO first and stop playing white knight chronicles :giggles:
TY btw for the release date of white knight chronicles 2..

Also just buy the new map packs for BO !!!!!!

Rumour is the next zombie map will be based on the style of L4D ...survival :britt:

i'm all up for this the only problem will be the time... also what console people own because most people have a PS3 and few have XBOX XD

Alright I like this idea very much..Pockets you should OWN BO first and stop playing white knight chronicles :giggles:

Haters gon' hate. :neomon:

As Kira said, though, the GotW would be available to all members of the forum. So clans are not needed.

I actually have nothing for clan vs clan at this time, not even decent ideas. :(

Lady Yuna - When I organize the GotW I will be sending PMs to gamers I know and a clan members to gather this info. I could use the Gamer Index, but the info in it is far outdated.

Cruxis only plays Call of Duty Black ops at this very moment so Yes I do think this is a good idea. I like the fact it is open to everyone and not just the clans. Nothing happens in CX anymore other than CoD talk anyhow..

Back