Regrets. Do you have any?

Do I have any regrets? Well, where to begin...

I regret never having gone to school, although that was really my mother's fault for being vehemently against me going, since my brother, six and a half years older than me, had bad experiences for the short time he had went...

But I have never even applied for some course from home or anything, online or through getting stuff mailed to me, like my brother did.

I regret not being more dedicated to doing things more positive for my health, and not having been nicer to the people in the family that love me and are very good to me over all the years (excluding my faker mother...).

I regret never having really made any friends out there in the real world, and as a result of my seclusion, I am socially awkward, extremely shy or even fearful, and well, I don't see when I will be comfortable enough around complete strangers in person to befriend anyone...

I could go on, but it is going on 3 AM here, I must be off.

My only regrets would probably be not getting to know my grandparents more.

I'm a very shy person and I don't really know them all that well to start with, so it's awkward when we do meet up for family gatherings.

I have a lot of family. Mum has 4 brothers and 4 sisters. Dad has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. They've got kids and their kids have kids etc etc.

I don't talk to hardly any of them though. =/ Though I'm not as fussed about talking to them as I am my grandparents.

I want to make some sort of relationship with them before they die and I regret not doing so, but it's hard when there's no time to visit and they live so far away. Wish my parents had taken us to visit them more often as kids so that we were more comfortable around them as we got older.
This happened to me with my Dad's parents, who my mum disliked so wouldn't go to see. My grandmother tended to nurture my mother, I think, and tried to teach her how to raise me, which my mum has resented ever since. My mum is the worst person when it comes to a grudge as she can never forgive or let go of her contempt. :(

I remember having fond memories of them, though I was very young and didn't really talk to them... My grandfather was reserved and enjoyed treating me to ice cream with chocolate buttons! :D My grandmother enjoyed nurturing everyone, feeding people all sorts of lovely things on a buffet, and just generally being a welcoming hostess. I can imagine them having been wonderful, loving parents. :) I can imagine them having taken great pride, but more importantly joy in raising a family and sharing experiences with their children.

This is making me miss them. :( So I guess I regret not getting to know them more too...

Try and get in touch with them! I'm sure they'll be grateful and it'll get easier before long! :)

Plenty but if i went over them all i don't think one post would be enough. Due to my insecurities, paranoia, and all the other shit that had a tight grip on me back then i fucked up major with a lot of people. I'm not going to justify any of it, the fact i did then just makes me feel like a damn idiot.
I didn't really make enough of any effort to change then when i should have, i thought there was nothing wrong with me at all. I complained quite a bit about trivial shit that wasn't important and shouldn't have affected me at all. All the bad things that i've had to go through these past years i deserve and then some. It's what i get for being such a prick then.

If i had a chance to start over again would I? Yes, yes i would i can't imagine how much things would be different now had i not been how i was in the past.

Dwelling on what's happened doesn't solve anything though, so i'm going to continue to strive to not ever be like i was back then ever again.

Who I am now hates who i've been.

The only real regrets I have are the two threesomes I had with the same people each time.
At the time I did it because it was what I thought to be a spice to add to a... to say the least awkward relationship I had with a friend and I did it to hold onto her.
It didn't work. We're still close friends but the "fun" ended.
At the time it was kinda fun but it ultimately left me with some really big mental scars that until last year still plagued me.
I don't really want to elaborate both for disinterest and because I feel it's inappropriate for this forum.
I hope just the mention wasn't to much.

There are...a few decisions I wish I hadn't made.

I regret a few years ago when I spent several months chasing after someone who was leading me on for no other reason than they liked the attention I gave them who was already with someone. I regret not figuring out what I want to do with my life earlier. I regret spending money to go to a technical school for electrical engineering, a field I didn't have much interest in, just because I thought the money I'd make would be worth it. I regret spending more money to go to a community college. And I regret just about every single job I've ever had.

But I believe the past is there for two reasons:
1) To make you cry when you've had to much to drink
2) To learn from

I've done some dumb things but I'm still here. I can honestly say I'm in a good place. I've been in love with the most wonderful, patient, caring person for the last year and she's in love with me, which feels pretty damned good. I have a better understanding of the world around me and my responsibilities to myself and to anyone I'm trying to help. And I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do in the near future. So, yeah. I've got regrets but I can't change the past. And with where I am right now I wouldn't want to.

Back