012: Duodecim Dissidia 012 Duodecim: Love it or Hate it?

Do you love it or hate it?

• Love it

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • Hate it

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
If you had to pick, would you say you love the game, or hate the game? Explain the reasons why you feel this strongly about the game in this thread and share your opinions.

Please try and elaborate on your posts, as short spammy posts may be deleted without warning.

Love it, but they need to fix a few things for the next installment

I love the game. I've been playing it since I downloaded it off the PSN the day it came out :ryan:.

I love the fact that they put in some new characters i.e. Tifa, Kain, Yuna, and Gilgamesh. But I wish that the creators of the game would've put more thought in the new playable characters.

I would've loved to be able to play as Yuffie(FF7) and Selphie(FF8) and possibly Seifer(FF8). I also wish that they would've added more music tracks to the game instead of only the few that they did.

But all in all, I would have to say that the game kicks major ass!!!
(Can finally play as the ever sexy Tifa:freehugs:)

In parts I love it and in others I hate it so Im kinda in the middle

Love it parts..
1.AI is supremely better
2.The Chess/World Map is a huge improvement and makes it feel like a FF Game((noticed it resembles some worlds like FFIX and VIII?))
3.the New Characters and costumes look and play amazingly and dont feel made up or rushed
4.The upgrades to the Stages and BGM fits the game nicely((DLC should bring more goodies =o))
5.DLC!!! Finally we can dl new stuff for our guys! ((WoL Helmetless =D))
6.Assists are great for evading and getting in a great combo =D
7.New summons are great but..
8.Quest mode is awesome for playing out our deepest "Fantasy's"

Hate It
1.Some Summons feel overpowered ((Im looking at you Ultima))
2.The Battle Replay Editor still seems Complecated
3.NO MOBWEB T_T
4.Quest mode seems kinda short..
5.Some of the Voice Actors dont really fit((Like Laguna's for Example))
6.KP System to get summons/weapons/etc. seem's lame to me

bout all I have to say about it really xD but all in all I love the game

Hopelessly hooked since Friday, though there have been numerous flaws I've noticed which I've pointed out in the Discussion thread and I really cba to point out now, the pros outweigh the cons.

Awesome game, good purchase, and here's to the next countless days I spend hooked (y)

hated the last one, hate this one more.

I've only played it for about 2 hours and I've jacked a save from GameFaqs, I don't really find the game very appealing. Infact, I find it less appealing than it's predecessor.

who wants to play as lightning and vaan!? highfive!

In two words: Awe-Some!

Some bad stuff include:
- Really hard Ex Mode, it's a real finisher/ultimate move thing, but it's so hard to get everything that you most of the time can't use the bonusses provided (Poor OK, though boost moves and higher power are good, worse Ex gathering isn't)
- Quests are awesome to do, but REALLY short. I'm making a whole story about OK and his real name, but I have to split it up in atleast 3 parts to get everything I want, and the short dialogue isn't so great either..
- Vague storyline, not per se if you play normally, but I get annoyed with stuff like this:
"Well, I notice a fellow Warrior of Cosmos, how about we team up for this dungeon only and never see each other again even though we are getting overrun with manikins and some are killing us?"

Rest is awesome, but I still want 2v2 matches RAGE!

just finished 012 story sooo time for my comments :) overall 012 is far better than 013.. i'm just gonna list good and bad

Good:
assists and EX Break are both great new features

much improved storyline

great new characters all of them play great

3D Maps are awesome

Bad
voice acting... some of it wellllll is not very good

no Quest sharing.... i sooo wanted to share and download quests from the internet

loading times... still hammer most games but loading times are slower than number 1

i can't believe after the amount of people that use adhoc party to play online that i'm saying this...... IT NEEDS ONLINE MUTIPLAYER :ffs:

overall I love the game :) a game based on war 11 please XD

Love IT,
Because The gameplay is the Bomb it has a few story's and report missions
You get alotta options like labrind/Arcade/Online (if u have ps3 with adhoc party function)
and of course alotta characters to choose from including feral Chaos..
and you can download extra content from pss (playstationStore)
those R the reasons i like the game

I'm in two minds about this...its highly enjoyable and great for picking up for a quick brawl, but that is really all it is. The story mode is even worse than Super Smash Bros Brawl's, the new character selection is piss-poor - we did NOT need that many new heroes in it with only one new villain, and no, I am NEVER going to let that go - the arranged music was...hit and miss (for example, Esper Battle = hit, Castle Pandemonium = miss), and really, its exactly the same as the last one was, just with a few new characters and stages...plus a slightly more expanded story which is even more painful to run through than the other one was, because you've got pointless map sections in it this time. Oh, and the voice acting is dismal. Asides from Kain, Kefka and Gilgamesh, the voice cast is one of the worst I've ever heard in a game...its either bland, stereotypical, or enough to make your ears bleed. No feeling, no emotion...down goes the volume.

It feels like a re-release with a crappy, waste-of-money expansion pak (which just keeps on expanding with waste-of-money DLC that should have been in the game in the first place) than a new game. But when the original game as so horrendously addicting, its easy to pick up, and a lot of fun. I have to have my brain in a permanent "off" state when I play this, lest my inner critic kill me for subjecting it to hours of this game.

So, yes and no: "yes" if I don't stop and think about it, a resounding "no" if I do.

Whatever people may say it just seems to me as much more of a GOTY edition of Dissidia then anything else. A few new characters, stages, a new story, and basically the same game play with a few tweaks. Most of the time I feel like I'm just playing Dissidia.

They didn't change enough to make it me love it, and in some respects, like the story, I feel they did a worse job. So I don't hate it, but I do dislike it.

I love the game.. hate the story. Sorry to say, but the story is really awful and nothing really made any sense. At least with the first one the story kind of made sense.
Everything else is great, though; the combat, the variety of characters, stages and lots of replay value. Love this game, 9/10.

Yes, I love this game. I like how we get to walk through the world map and fight manikins during the story mode. Very epic! Also I like the new storyline of the game, the new battle systems are outstanding, which makes the gameplay more enjoyable and helpful. I also like the new online feature which let's you choose up to five of your favorite final fantasy characters and fight your friends with them. That's why I voted for "love it". It's a great game.

I absolutely adore this game. It's just as much fun as the original and it gives us the back story to various characters in the 12th war that were mentioned in the 13th war (the original game). Dissidia was deserving of a prequel for all the information and tidbits that they mentioned from previous wars (including Terra being on the side of Chaos, or with Jecht on the side of Cosmos).

The characters they added brought a fresh breath of life into Dissidia. They were fun to play as (in my opinion Lightning and Yuna were the best) and their story with the mannequins was very interesting.

I'm also enjoying playing the original which is in this game along with the reports, and the extra story. There's definitely a lot to do in this game which is another reason why I love it. It's addictive and it has a good amount of options for you to play.

It's mostly much better where the original Dissidia, however...

The KP system fails totally, it requires sick amounts of KP to get the best stuff out (well grinding aint that bad but still...). Also I felt little lost at few points in quest mode (to go defeat Omega Chaos), since there wasn't many clues where to go at few points.

Overall its really great game, the Assist system is totally awesome, love how easily it can change the match (and curse sometimes also). And well, Tifa + Lightning are pure awesome ^^

Not that the first Dissidia was terrible, because it was far from, but this installment is quite the improvement.
  • Pros: More Characters, World Map, more "Shops"
  • Neutral: Quest Creation
  • Cons: Assists
Yes, I think Assists are unnecessary. While some may find they "add a new dimension" to battle, their usefulness fades faster than you can blink. Sorry.

And one other thing: Where the hell are Ramza and Delita? That makes me a sad panda.

Last edited:
I love the game and was glad to see alot of the new characters like light and tifa and even yuna make it into the game. I thought the first one was really good, but this one was alot better. I liked the storyline alot especially seeing how well square did with all the characters personalitys and transitioning their move sets to one game I think went over really well. I loved how they had their in game music from all their titles for the characters in the game I never would have thought of something like that if i was devloping this. Seeing some of the worlds remade was also good as well I loved the FFVII lifestream remake and having alternate stages was good too. I think if they make another dissidia it will really please their fans.

I really enjoy the gameplay and mechanics. It's a great way to pass some time while waiting in the bus or train. The story does suck though, I really didn't bother finishing it after Vaan's part. As the same with the first game, I felt like the setting gave the story so much potential. i mean you had so many characters but the story in this series is just very confusuing, cheesy, and unenjoyable. Maybe it would be better to make it into a movie. What would make the next game better is if they had it for ps3 or ps4 with online. It's much more fun to beat the crap out of your friends then a computer.

The gameplay was definitely an improvement, and updated icons is also a plus. But the prequel plot was mediocore, even the side stories within the prequel. overall it could've been better if they didn't make Dissidia early on and waited until they were sure they wanted those characters. the only good plot was the yuna and tidus situation, and even then that could've been expanded.

Back