012: Duodecim Dissidia 012 Duodecim: Love it or Hate it?

Do you love it or hate it?

• Love it

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • Hate it

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Just finished the main story and I'm kind of undecided because I like some parts but hate other parts. The battle transitions in gateway battles get annoying, fast, but I like the designs of the stages and over-world. I loved pretty much everyone on Cosmos' team (except Tifa--her fighting style is so not me).

I loved the reports section as well because it's all filler and I actually love filler stuff. It gives me a more in-depth look at the relationships between certain characters. The most memorable is the report where Cloud saves Tifa from Sephiroth and Cloud acts like he doesn't care about her when he really does deep down. I've yet to complete the end game content but I'm kind of looking forward to it! I also hated the ending where Lightning, Yuna and the others died(?) fighting the Manikins at the rift, regardless of how gorgeous the graphics were at that part.

I thought that each chapter was a bit too short for my liking though, which is my other criticism about this game.

i love it, but not for the story. if i did, i would hate dissidia 012. i like it because it is what it is, a fan service game. and we got a lot more this time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the nail has kind of been hit on the head there: It's not a game with a strong or particularly coherent storyline, it's fanservice game where the main draw is the spectacle of the crossover. That doesn't make it a bad game, by any means: It knows exactly what it is and it plays its role well.

Back