Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Missing Something?

We have all been lonely at some point for something or someone and sometimes we can't even put our finger on why. It's like a inner gut pull that even the hardest of heart people long for. It can be an object, a place, or a person. Sometimes it is even an animal.

I've grown up thinking that dependency is the same thing as loneliness at times, but in all my years I even proved myself false. A small smile, or a small wag of a tail, or even a car driving the open road.

So FFF what do you occasionally miss and why?

Today I thought about it, and I miss

1) My dodge intrepid that gave out around 3 years ago. I drove it for maybe 100,000 miles, but due to the engine repair I had sell it for parts for my new car.

2) A few friends of mine from back when I was in high school. It's been over 8 years now, but sometimes I miss my buddies from back home. I've fallen out of touch to them, but even now I miss hanging out and drinking late and talking about random shit. It was just to blow off steam, but those days will be missed.

3) Jamaica - It's been one year in April since we went, but I have to say I was the happiest of any time.. when I was there. It was like I didn't have to worry about anything at all. I never worry about myself generally and usually about others.. but this time.. I was just at peace.

I realy dont miss items or places I miss memories of the past like:

Being able to go to bed at night with your door unlocked.
Ha some people might not remember this or even expierience it...But it felt like a much more safer time and I truely do miss the innocence of that time period

Playing outside and pretending I was an acrobat.
Its been a while since I have just randomly went outside to"play"..It was funs and I think its been far to long since I Have just went outside to mess arround with my friends

Not having the responcibilities I have now.
This may apply to alot of people but it was much more simpler letting my mom deal with things for me even though at the time I resented it.....grow and learn better eh?

My dogs.
We had a housefire and one dies...the other had a heart attack at the beach...
I would realy like them back just so I could cherish them more than I did for a little longer

I miss when other people were young. I know you'll want me to elaborate but I don't know how to.

I may have the gist of this actually. To me I don't mind growing older, but when I see others growing older around me.. it sometimes depresses me. It let's me know my true age. Just the other day I walked into a local liquor store and saw my friend's brother, 7 years my junior working there. I remember when he was a little kid running around in diapers still and now he's a little grown up.

Also you can tell when someone loses their innocence they had as a kid. The spark just doesn't seem to be the same, they seem weathered or what not and let the world effect them. That's why I guess folks have kids sometimes too, to relive their juvenile days.

I may have the gist of this actually. To me I don't mind growing older, but when I see others growing older around me.. it sometimes depresses me. It let's me know my true age. Just the other day I walked into a local liquor store and saw my friend's brother, 7 years my junior working there. I remember when he was a little kid running around in diapers still and now he's a little grown up.

Also you can tell when someone loses their innocence they had as a kid. The spark just doesn't seem to be the same, they seem weathered or what not and let the world effect them. That's why I guess folks have kids sometimes too, to relive their juvenile days.

Exactly. It's not the ageing of the self that's killing me, it's the slow death of the world around me. It breaks my heart and my spirit. I can come to terms with my own demise. I just cannot believe that those I looked up to and revered, or those I looked down upon and belittled, are exactly the same as I am.

I miss back when I was young and things were much simpler and easier. Those good old days back before I knew what hardships were and when I was young and naive and the world looked like a much nicer place. I also miss the days when movies and music were worth a damn.

Occasionally, I miss the days when I was nicer. However, at the same time I know I would hate it if I were. I enjoy who I am now, and if I was a nicer person like I was back in the day, I would only hate myself.

I miss not having any responsibilities. When you're a kid, the only issue on your mind is "am I going to be an astronaut today or a cowboy?" Now that I'm an adult, I have never ending responsibilities at work, bills to pay, having a girlfriend, it is endless.

I'd love to just go back and virtually not have to worry about anything.

1. Discussing RPG games to friends - I play a shitload of RPG games, and most of the time, I want to talk about what happened, or favorite characters etc.

2. Younger brother - I'll admit, we didnt' hang out till he was about 10 years old. He got adopted to the people next door from me (who we are very close with). He started to go to my house and just hang out, have fun, joke. It's just weird knowing I will never see him again

3. Good old days - Ahh, to be a kid again. I didn't care about anything in the world. It was all about having fun

I miss not having to worry about unemployment. When I was under 18, I never really gave a shit. Now, I'm almost 20 and I don't have a job. Granted, I've done something about it now, but nevertheless, I don't like how drastic of a choice I had to make just to ensure that I have a job by next year.

I miss not being an only child. I miss my brother. Yeah, he could be a dick. A serious dick. But there were plenty of fun times. And I'm pretty sure that given the chance, we could've developed a good, healthy sibling relationship.

And, yeah, I guess I miss being younger. Having little to no worries. I don't exactly miss school, but I miss the being in school era. Know what I mean? I miss being in school because I had days off to look forward to. I got excited about the weekend because I didn't have to get up early in the morning. I guess you could say I enjoyed having something that I didn't like because it allowed me to look forward to something I did. I mean now, the days bleed together. I can't count how often I've had to sit and seriously think about what day it was because it felt EXACTLY like the previous day. Like I was in one big time ditch.

That's about it.

Reactions: Shu
Nostalgicly, I miss playing video games and sports with my neighbors- of course all of us are grown and all over the USA, it is sad when I think about it. I remember as a kid going over to my buddy's house to play FF7 & 8. I introduced my whole circle of friends to it and since then we have all still played them.

Currently, I miss my girlfriend for the past 6 years we have been long distance.

I miss a lot of my friends that I've had to leave throughout the years. Luckily, Facebook is around now, so I got to keep all the friends from my last school. Though, I hardly ever talk them. Things are too different now. To quote a great man, "A lot can change in a year". They have their own lives, and I have mine. They're all in a relationship and all that. You guys are my best friends now. Everybody else slowly drifted away. Yeah, I miss most of my old friends. Other than though, I am okay. To quote a friend of mine, I'll end this by saying.... "In order to move on in life, you need to let go of the past"

I feel onely as hell right now. Ever since my Mother passed away ive not been right. She was really all the family i had in the world. I hadn't seen my dad in around 8 years, i dont see his family ever and i never really saw any of my mums family bar the occasional Christmas day or something.
Ever since she passed away ive felt miserable and lonely. Its not like i am alone. I have great friends who have been messaging me and phoning me, checking up to see if im okay. I have a girlfriend who loves me and is always worrying and trying to cheer me up and make sure im happy.
Still with all these people though i feel very alone. Whenever i had a problem id always go to my mum. Id phone her up or just ask her there and then. It was always me and her against the world really. Now shes gone ive lost that great person who i respected and loved so much. It feels like im facing everything alone now and i dont have anyone to turn to. I am definitely grateful that i have such a great girlfriend and im very grateful that i have friends who are actually willing to stand by me, and care about whether im doing alright or not because some people just dont give a shit. Still none the less its really hard. So if i miss anyone its definitely my Ma.

I also miss my dog ellie. She had to be put down a few years ago because she was old and her legs were failing her. She had a great life, spoilt rotten she was but i loved that dog. She was part of the family. I actually miss every pet ive ever had. I love animals, i prefer them to people in all honesty.

I miss some of my friends. Many of my friends went seperate ways when we were a bit younger and started work. One of best mates just vanished one day. Turns out he went to Fife. Hes now living and working in Edinburgh. I havent seen him in years now. He was a hilarious guy, i really wish hed come up to visit again. i need to get hold of him and arrange a meet up sometime. Either we go down to see him or he comes up. Whichever.
I also miss the old days when we went out in town. Im not a lover of night clubs but i loved it when everyone went out in a massssive squad. There used to be upwards of 20 of us going out every weekend, Friday and Saturday. Over the years people got partners, the girls got preggers and people met new friends. Over the years the number of people going out got smaller and smaller. Now theres usually only around 4 - 5 of us going out on weekends and thats great dont get me wrong but i do miss the days when everyone went out together and met up in town. Those days were fantastic. So yeah i miss my friends.

Theres probably a lot more more things but il leave it as it is. No one wants to read this much text. This is a really good thread Shu. Its good to see them being revived. Good job JeriKane1998

Reactions: Six
Random moments from my early childhood days when I was still back in the native country. Throughout the years I think about those memories, but for the past few months, I've been trying to dig in deeper in my memory bank...willing for something new to pop up. Now and then we'll have a few recurring memories that we can't seem to forget, but there have also been those rare times when something will trigger me to remember a memory that I've never 'seen' in my mind yet. And when that happens, it's a mixture of emotions then, but mostly, how I really missed those golden days. It was mostly a life of poverty that I knew in my early years, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. As a kid, I learned to have fun in the dark when we'd have no electricity for months. Maybe that's why I turned out so weird.

I do miss my friends from back home as well. We all went to a Christian school and yes, wore those funky uniforms with funky neckties, but we also got into a lot of trouble. (I was easily influenced since I was a lot younger than my classmates). Unfortunately, we don't have contact anymore, but I still remember their names...and a bit of what they look like as six and seven-year-old.

I miss how my mom and I were back then. We were a lot closer, but family secrets tend to keep us kinda distant from each other.

And just because I'm listening to it now...

I really miss Kamen Rider...and a lot of the TV shows I used to watch when I was three - eight years old. Those were the best.

I miss innocence and viewing the world through a child's eyes...with a runny nose that I never bothered to wipe because I was too focused on my wooden toy.

I miss...school. Education has always been and still is my top priority, but my sophomore year in high school, I got too involved in extra curricular activities and a boyfriend and strayed from that straight track. I'm back on the straight path, but with difficulty since I've been away for a while. Or, not away, but since my focus or energy toward it has spread onto more of my social life, so now there's a part of me yearning for both, even though I really know that school is the only place where it should really be right now and that perhaps other things will just fall into place like they always have.

I miss friends and having them. Ever since high school, I stopped having friends. Or you could say 8th grade, since that's when my best friend who I thought I was going to be friends with forever began to stray away from me. Before her, I already had struggles with friendships because as a kid, my circle excluded me leaving me afraid that what if no matter what friends I have, they will end up leaving me. I never wanted my best friend to leave me, but she did and I honestly did not know what to do after her since I was an extremely quiet and shy kid, too. There was this group of boys in my homeroom that talked with me and invited me to the movies with them sometimes, but because I wasn't particularly close to them and didn't feel or want that type of connection with them, they really weren't friends. My best friend, a crush that I had, and even my last boyfriend...I wish that I could have just been friends with them. I think I would have been happier that way with them b/c I think that's what I had been yearning for instead. I imagine us being happy sometimes as friends, but...we're no longer together anymore. My relationships with people in general have just deteriorated, so I actually miss PEOPLE in general.

My family - back when we were all together and went out together to do stuff. Back when we were happy and living together, exhausted from a fun day out together. I guess some issues happened, but I'm the youngest; we never really get told anything, or at least *I* don't. I don't know what happened but I wish my older brothers and sisters never grew up a part from us, but just WITH us. I wish my sisters never got married and had kids...I just want my family, my base family, to be together and happy all the time, but I know that can't be real. Even I will stray away and have my own family one day.

But more than anything, I miss school and friends combined together. I feel that is the biggest hole in my heart right now. I yearn to be in love, to find that one true love, but I'm not sure if it's a missing hole in me compared to the other things. I think it's more of a fantasy in my head for now. I don't have any friends, so I would actually prefer someone to be my friend than my l - nvm, I actually really wanna go out with my crush that I have now, LOL. xD
But him next to friends and school would be heaven for me. Or maybe even...I hate to say this...but to have my old boyfriend back and fix things. Sometimes I think I walked away too soon and too fast, running whenever a hard obstacle comes even though it may just be a test.

A year later.

Gaming. I haven't had much lately, though I did play a few hours of Sims 3 with my son yesterday. But I miss playing UC3 co-op more than anything. I really need to get my PS3 fixed as soon as possible.

I recently checked on my kids sleeping in their room, and I really missed them as babies, throw ups on my shoulder and all. Okay, maybe that's going a little too far, but you get the gist. They grow so quickly and the idea of them leaving me behind someday to start their own family really gets to me.

I miss being innocent and having no worries as a child. Going outside riding my bike, playing wall ball, on the playground etc. Times as a child makes me realize how quickly time flies and how different it becomes after high school, even.

I miss my dogs: they were always there for me to toss the ball to, walk, or even snuggle. I miss them breathing and kissing all over my face. I miss my dog sleeping with me to "protect" me and crying and them trying to cheer me up.

I miss family vacations & traveling/hiking.... going to the beach, Yellowstone, visiting relatives, the Grand Canyon, Sea World, Disneyland, etc.

I miss my ex-coworkers.. they were family to me and everyone loved me there.

Ahhh memories. :)

Back