Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Hey guys. I know some of you were wondering when this feature will be up and running. Give us a few more days to work out a few kinks and you guys can go on a shopping spree. =]

But, first and foremost...we wanted to address a few things before we put up incentives. This is more of a common courtesy on our part rather than just going ahead with it and not letting you all know.

Two of the incentives that will be up for vBShop are Social Groups and Photo Albums. We realize that it may irritate those who have already created their own social groups and photo albums, and we apologize for any inconvenience. But this is something that we think should be "earned" with points rather than having every members dig in all at once. We should have turned the feature off once it was installed, so the timing was off and apologies for that. So to those who are concerned, these features will be disabled soon.

Plushies will also be up for sale. Have a gander in Channy's Plushie Extravaganza if you are interested having a plushie of your own.

There are still other things we have in mind that will go up on vBShop, so please be patient with us on this as we try to bring some goodies for y'all. :busta:

How do you earn those things? Do you have to buy them with money?

Just out of curiosity how many 'points' would it cost for social groups etc? Would it be a set amount to have one social group? And is there a cost to join one? Would it be something that would need to be paid each time it's used etc? Same for photo albums.

Not at all. If you go to vBShop (Navbar) you'll see how much is in your "wallet". Those points are earned by posting, creating threads, etc. There is an "Activity" tab on your profile. Check that to determine what actions would earn you points.

So... shouldn't we all have a ton of points already? :hmmm:

Just out of curiosity how many 'points' would it cost for social groups etc? Would it be a set amount to have one social group? And is there a cost to join one? Would it be something that would need to be paid each time it's used etc? Same for photo albums.

The points in order to create the social groups and photo albums haven't been determined yet. You'll find out in a few days. Once you buy the feature (let's say in this case, Social Groups), you will have access to this, and thus the same rule applies: a user can only create 5 social groups at max.

Alright, that seems fair :hmmm: also having not created a social group before i'd assume that there's a way to delete your own groups? And in future would there be ways to buy extensions to social groups? Say to 10? And is there a restriction on people inviting someone who hasn't got access to social groups yet?

so will photo albums be relevant to profile customization? :monster:

No, not really. Photo albums are just kind of... there. You upload a picture to FFF similar to photobucket fashion. However, you're limited with an awful size ratio. All in all, I don't see much use for it.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

When can we expect these things inthe vbshop. I rather miss my social group. :hmph:

Alright, that seems fair :hmmm: also having not created a social group before i'd assume that there's a way to delete your own groups? And in future would there be ways to buy extensions to social groups? Say to 10? And is there a restriction on people inviting someone who hasn't got access to social groups yet?

I'll see about users being able to delete their own groups sometime later. No extensions to the number of social groups, no. The default setting is 5 when it was installed, and we're going to leave it at that. If members don't have access to Social Groups, then they won't see it on the site even if they get an invitation to join one. Pretty positive on that last one.

When can we expect these things inthe vbshop. I rather miss my social group. :hmph:

Few days at most. Some points are still getting screwy here and there.

I do believe that once you gain access to Social Groups, the ones you created should still be intact. I just set the permission for the usergroups to No View, so nothing was touched.

I assume on the same basis anybody who joins a group that isn't their's will still be a part of it when they get permission or will they need to be reinvited? :hmmm:

Also can we expect any other perks handed out in a similar fashion later down the line?

I assume on the same basis anybody who joins a group that isn't their's will still be a part of it when they get permission or will they need to be reinvited? :hmmm:

Not sure about that one yet. I guess we'll find out when someone tries this later.

Also can we expect any other perks handed out in a similar fashion later down the line?

Depends what kind of perks. =P

Well if you don't mind suggestions, what about :hmmm:

Increased PM inbox size (maybe increase in portions of 50? Being able to be bought several times?)
Increased Signature Space? (same principle, but with a final limit ofc)
Maybe something to boost gil in the RPG or something?
Providing the RPG works similarly to the last one in stats, perhaps for a hefty price, buy stat points for your monsters?

/random ideas

Increased PM Size will definitely be on the list, yes.

I think signature space should be left alone.

And I'm not sure how this RPG will work out yet, but we can discuss about perk possibilities with Crimson Wolf later.

Well I Think this is a good Idea and I dont mind rebuying my permissions to Social Groups..The only reason I made mine is because I dont meet the Criteria to make a club yet lol...The upside to this for me is I already made mine so no one can steal it >_>;

Increaseing Pms would be nice.Maybe Increase Avatar's Size to maybe 125x125 or something,or you could Add color/effects to user titles

I used to have a bunch of Vbshop Ideas but forgot most when I lost my net awhile back ~.~

I forgot where it was mentioned, but they're messing with it to make sure everyone has the adequate amount of points.

Newbies = 0
People that have been here forever = A lot more than 0

Something like that. :hmmm:

Back