How many times have you beaten IX?

To the very end credits, probably only about 3 times.
I've played through until the final dungeon about 10 times though.
Still haven't got round to beating Ozma though sadly. I've currently got a save file at the final stages (i.e got Doomsday and gone back out of Memoria)
with the party at about level 90. I'm gonna get them all up to lv99 and then have another bash at it!

I've finished the game 4 times. I'm purchasing the new steam version when it comes out and will be trying for Ozma on that playthrough!

None. Not proud to say it, but as much as I love the series, JRPGs have never been my best genre. I normally lose patience with them after a while.

I have beaten the game only once in my life. The reason why is because I never felt the need to beat the game multiple times so I decided not to play it a second time. I like to play the game and take my time to read the story line, and understand the story. It was the third game I played from the series.

Just once, but I at least completed as many sidequests as I could. Just didn't have the patience to complete the chocobo one, and eventually get to Ozma. And of course, never mind Excalibur II. :lew:

I've completed it about 5 or 6 times?
I used to spend the summer holidays playing through the game again each year when I was a kid. This was the first Final Fantasy game I ever owned, other members in my family owned the previous Final Fantasy titles.

I've beaten FFIX 2 times now. The first being around the time it came out, when I was in highschool and the second being about a month ago. During my first playthrough I beat Ozma and tried to get 100% on everything but I didn't. The second playthrough I skipped Ozma and pretty much powered through for the story.

I recently found a copy of the Japanese version in a second hand shop near my apartment, so I'm currently going through that now. If I successfully beat, it will be my fourth time. I can't get enough of IX. It is my favorite FF.

I've only completed 9 once, but I have started it again 3 times. I'm actually in the middle of that third restart, and I intend to actually finish it. Playing 9 again after a few years has been great fun. It's hilarious how much of the game you can trivialize by abusing Chocobo Hot n' Cold, like having Vivi learn 2x reflect, half MP and Flare before the desert palace.

I'd say 5-6 times full play

A voice from the past tells me 'go for another one'
A voice from the present tells me 'you have work to do'
A voice from the future tells me 'you will be in trouble if you run out of time for work'

I want to play but I know if I press 'new game' I'll want to play more and more and won't work enough

For as much as I say this game is in my top 2, I'm ashamed to say I've only beaten it once. There were a variety of reasons at the time that I never ever accomplished beating the game. Mainly because back then when it very first came out, I never really got a full grasp on what I was doing. My party was severely under leveled and I always, ALWAYS got stuck at the end of disk 3 where you have to fight that Silver Dragon, Garland, and Kuja, back to back to back. I struggled there so hard that I just gave up. Now that I'm much older and have a better grasp on RPG's and games in general I can go through the game with no issues.

I plan on doing my 2nd full run through the game. On the ps4 ;)

Back