Nintendo Top 5 Wii and GameCube Games

Squid

Suck my dick.
Veteran
Gil
Hi Everyone.

I noticed the Playstation section had this as a sticky but poor ol' nintendo didn't sooo what are your top 5 Wii Games and your top 5 GameCube Games?

Wii:
1. Donkey Kong Country Returns,
2. LoZ: Twilight Princess,
3. Super Mario Bros. Wii,
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Game Cube:
1. LoZ: WindWaker
2. Skies of Arcardia Legends
3. Batten Kaitos
4. Tales of Symphonia
5. Mario Kart Double Dash

Here's my list. The Wii needs more games that are, you know, worth playing.

Top Wii Games

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Kirby's Epic Yarn
3. Animal Crossing: City Folk
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Top Gamecube Games

1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
3. Mario Kart Doubledash!!
4. Metroid Prime
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

Honorable Mentions: Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, Resident Evil 4

This is a lot harder than it should be... Particularly for the Wii.

Wii:
1. You know, now that I'm looking at it, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything to put in these spots.
2. I feel like I just need to wait until some more titles come out and give them a try.
3. Dokapon Kingdom. Not the most incredible game ever, but fantastic if you enjoy messing with your friends.
4. Wii Sports Resort. Until a truly high quality swordfighting game comes out, Wii Sports Resort is the best we've got. That, and just genuinely fun. Nintendo may just make minigames on occasion, but they sure know how to do it.
5. LoZ: Twilight Princess. Ganon had no place in this game, Zelda barely belonged, and the controls were clunky compared to the GC version. Mos of all, it was really just a love letter to Ocarina, and not it's own game. Still, got a lot of things right and was very fun to play.

Gamecube:
1. Eternal Darkness. First played this one at midnight to 4 AM at a friend's house. When we turned it off to go to bed, we were losing our minds. It may have been meant for 64 originally, but wow, it was amazing.
2. Metroid Prime. Adapted the 2d gameplay and feel of the Metroid series in a way that gave Mario and Zelda 3d adaptations a run for their money. This was truly a Metroid title.
3. Avalanche 1080. I don't usually care for sports/snowboarding games, but this one was solid. The controls crunched like boots on virgin snow. I still go back and play this one regularly.
4. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. If you had four friends with GBAs and were willing to buy the connection cords (I was), this was the pinnacle of multiplayer on the GC. I still have fond memories of late night FFCC sessions, the four of us gathered around the TV, saving the world. Or town... whichever.
5. Super Smash Bros Melee. Excellent multiplayer combat at full speed (unlike its sequel, which felt like wading through jello). I don't care for most fighting games, but this one will always have a place in my heart.

Why no Wind Waker? It's not a finished game. Best final boss I've ever tackled, but the Triforce quest and the number of islands that look meant to house a sidequest/bonus dungeon but have nothing instead just brings me down.

Why no Double Dash? Pathetic multiplayer battle levels. They should have just copypasta'd Mario Kart 64's stages.

Wii:
1-Super Smash Bros Brawl
2-Monster Hunter 3
3-Mario Kart Wii
4-Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
5-Wii Fitt

Gamecube:
1-Mario Sunshine
2-Mario Party (series)
3-Super Smash Bros Melee
4-Luigi's Mansion
5-Mario Smash Football

Gamecube

1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Zelda: Windwaker
4. Mario Kart
5. Super Smash Bros.

I'm starting to feel nostalgic now. wtb wind waker =[

Gamecube

1- Zelda Wind Waker (first and only Zelda to feature new game plus)
2-Zelda Twilight Princess
3-Tales of Symphonia
4-Metroid Prime 2
5-Star Fox Adventures

Others:Mario Sunshine,Resident Evil 0 and 1 remake,the First Metroid Prime,Super Smash Bros. Melee, Baten Kaitos 1 and 2.

Wii

1-Super Mario Galaxy 2
2-Metroid Prime 3
3-Tales of Graces
4-Super Mario Galaxy
5-No More Heroes

Possibly number one on future-> Dragon Quest X

Wii
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. New Super Mario Bros Wii
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. Sonic Colors
5. Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Gamecube
1. Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2. Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker
3. Luigi's Mansion
4. Super Mario Kart (Gamecube)
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wii
1. Xenoblade
2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Gamecube
1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. Custom Robo

I'm pretty sure The Last Story will be on my top 5 list once I play it. :lew:

This will be a condensed list of Gamecube AND Wii games, because I don't actually own the former (but I have played some of its games) and the latter only has a few good gems floating around in an ocean of shovelware crap.

Wii & Cube

1. Xenoblade - easily the best JRPG on the Wii, the best JRPG on a Nintendo console and perhaps the best JRPG to have come out in a decade. Seriously, in high school terms, this would be the guy who beats FFXIII up every day by the lockers completely unchallenged.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - I've only played a little of this on a friend's Gamecube years ago, so it's probably not really fair to have this on the list, but I definitely prefer the controls for this over the Wii's installment.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - solid game, even if it's still rigidly sticking to the old Zelda formula, but who cares, it's still one of the best of the few good Wii games there is.
4. No More Heroes - this was pretty fun, though I wish the city itself is a bit more alive. I love the art style. Period.
5. *insert one of the Virtual Console games that I love, probably A Link to the Past*

Yes, I technically don't even have a full top 5. Way to go, Nintendo.

Gamecube

1. Zelda: Wind Waker - I loved this game when I first played it several years ago. The gameplay, the cell-shaded design, the simple story, the vast world and even the characters were incredible. It's not as fantastic now, since I've done it all and can't recapture that sense of adventure, but it's still the Gamecube game I have enjoyed most.
  2. Baten Kaitos - Great story, great gameplay, and a nice world design too. The voice acting is a little strange at times, but apart from that, it's great.
  3. Lord of the Rings: The Third Age - Not a GC exclusive, but still one of my favourite games on the system. It's possibly the first turn-based battle game I enjoyed on a console. I love playing within the LotR world and seeing the events in the main LotR story unfold through new eyes.
  4. Tales of Symphonia - Another classic with a beautiful design, great gameplay, and a good story. I just need to play more of it now.
  5. Skies of Arcadia

Pokemon Colosseum deserves a mention too, I think... This is the only Pokemon game I've played on a console and whilst it didn't match up to the GB/GBA games, it was quite enjoyable. I didn't mind the challenge of capturing Pokemon in a different way, the gameplay was good (I love the use of elements and how they affect certain Pokemon in different ways) and the story, whilst simple, kept me entertained.

Wii
Sadly, I haven't really enjoyed many games on the Wii. <_< The only game I found enjoyable enough to be considered here was Super Smash Bros Brawl. However, I do plan to play Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime: Other M, Zack and Wiki and Xenoblade Chronicles, so they shall no doubt appear here one day!

Gamecube:

1: Kirby air ride. (All though not my first racing game. It was by far the funnest. I adore it to bits.)

2: Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess. (I played this first. so I liked it more. and when i got the Wii version it was all mirrored and screwy. Still a very enjoyable game)

3: Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness. (One of the few Gems a console pokemon game is. I still have this and play it occansionally. I love it)

4: Soul calibur 2: (BEST. CONSOLE.FIGHTNING.GAME.EVER. {Least until soul calibur V comes out}

5: Star fox assault (Mainly because there is really no other good gamecube games that I played. {Didn't like SSBM}

WII:

1: Kirby's return to dreamland. (Oh LORD The best Wii game by far. YEs a little on the easy side but extra mode makes up for it. {Got my first game over on said mode! :D) It's amazing.

2:Kirby's Epic yarn. (Painfully easy and sickeningly adorable. However I managed to look past all that and found a surprizing gem in the world of wii.)

3:SSBB. (Really cool fighting game! it had Lucas from mother 3 in it. and it was very interesting! Plus it had Wifi!)

4: Super mario galaxy. (Great game. Great controls. Amazing graphics. plausible storyline. MARIO. that makes this game a winner.

5: ...NOTHING!...(Really no other great Wii games Ive played...

Gamecube:

1) Pikmin. This game was soooooo addictive, fun, and adorable. The bosses in this were pretty challenging for me at times too. Playing this game never got tiring for me and if they were to remake this or put out a new version of this I'd get it in a heartbeat.

2) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. :gonk: I think it took me at least a good 30 hours to complete this but it was so worth 30 hours of my life :lew: The graphics were awesome for a Mario/gamecube game and the story was so engrossing. The characters were each so different and I loved all of their little side stories. <3

3) Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I had minor complaints with this game...and I know a lot of other people didn't really like it...but I was so thrilled when they came out with a Final Fantasy game for the gamecube. I really liked the controls and the main story...and the monsters and etc. There really was very little personalization and etc...but I think the main story made up for it.

4) Resident Evil. I thought they did pretty good with this game. Parts of it made me jump...and yeah I was a horrible shooter so I died a lot, but really I was so excited when they came out with a RE game for the gamecube. I've never been a fan of scary games, but I could play this for a bit.

5) Super Mario Sunshine. This game was another addictive one. I hated how I could never collect all of those stupid coins :hmph:...but it was so fun cleaning up all of that muck and etc :grin: A lot of the Mario games play off of their niche stories...and this was one of them.

Gamecube

1. Baten Kaitos: I went through so much hassle to get this game (Amazon had limited stock, and after six weeks of waiting I ended up buying it from TRU) but it was well worth it. BK was stunning, and remains so. The card battle system was unique and it actually WORKED, the characters were all fairly likeable, the soundtrack was stunning, and whilst the story was not fantastic, it was still pretty good. Melodia is ranked #3 in my list of my all-time favourite villains, below Popola and Lezard Valeth, and just about Zanza and Mithos. The trio still give me nightmares, and I don't even want to think about the Angel of Darkness. So many good memories, and so many bad ones...
2. Tales of Symphonia: More or less my all-time favourite game. The best Christmas of my life so far was the one in which I got this game. An amazing story, fantastic graphics for its time, a better battle system than any other RPG I had played at that point (real time >>> turn based) and it lasted for absolutely AGES. I've replayed this game probably more than I have anything else, and it easily outshines any Tales game both before and after it.
3. Metroid Prime: Both of them. The first Metroid Prime was absolutely incredible, and the second only improved upon it; sure, the light/dark world mechanic had been used countless times before that, but Dark Samus was badass. Metroid took a very sour turn with Corruption and Other M, but that doesn't detract from how amazing these games were. I'd say these two are easily better than the traditional side-scrolling Metroid games, as Other M DID ruin Metroid Fusion for me...
4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: I borrowed this from a friend, and I actually really enjoyed it. It was funny, colourful, had a fairly good cast of characters (Doopliss <3) and it was quite challenging at times. It was easy to pick up and play, and I really didn't want to give it back...I still don't have a copy of my own, because it now costs a fortune to obtain one ._.
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee: Brawl was crap. This is the definitive SSB game, as far as I'm concerned. The best character roster, no poor excuse for a story mode, easily the most fun with friends, and I can still remember how tremendously excited I was about it when it was first announced, because it looked fantastic. Melee was fantastic.

Wii

1. Xenoblade Chronicles - The best JRPG in well over a decade. Go read my review on it, I'm not going to repeat myself, because I could spend hours doing so. Xenoblade alone makes a Wii worth purchasing, and if you live outside of EU territories, it makes a Wii worth importing so you can play it. It is THAT good.
2. Monster Hunter Tri - TOO MANY HOURS SPENT ON THIS. I haven't even finished the story mode yet, practically all of my time has been spent online. This is shockingly addictive and, with the Classic Controller Pro, it's actually PLAYABLE, something that its PSP counterparts can't boast, thanks to that godawful claw mechanic. Building up my character in Tri was immensely satisfying and, whilst I wouldn't do it again, I'd consider going online again at some point, because the community really was pretty good for the most part. Hard to find players sometimes, but quite often people were very willing to help out, a sentiment not shared on most other online games.

...and that is about it for the Wii, shockingly. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World was an unnecessary sequel, Twilight Princess was just an inverted version of the Gamecube game with shitty motion controls tacked on because they lacked a proper launch line-up, I have yet to play any of the Kirby games (but god, do I want to) and I'd prefer to forget the two Metroid games that popped up on the console.

GameCube:

1. The Legend of Zelda (Put all titles for the GC here, I'm a huge fan.)
2. Mario Kart Double Dash
3. Soul Calibur II
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Super Mario Sunshine

Wii

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Epic Mickey
4. Wii Sports
5. Guilty Gear

Can't comment much on the Wii, haven't played it much yet. As for Gamecube, though:

1. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time MasterQuest
4. Super Smash Bros Melee
5. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii (No Order)

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Because you can face your friends.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

My favorite RPG series. Like it that it requires thinking alot more than FF.

Metroid M

Great game!
Samus even goes through a room with a near broken down elevator which can fall on top of her if she isn't on the side of the room.

Gamecube (No Order)

Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance

I love the way that this series provides thinking rather than just i bash you..I win.

Super Smash Bros Melee

Only fighting game that I ever play.

The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker

Best Zelda game next to the NES ones. The story is more in depth and serious than all the others. Though twilight also comes close.

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

I absolutely love this game and who wouldn't love
Shadow Peach
and Goombella!!!

Wii:
1. Mario Kart
2. Xenoblade
3. The Last Story
4. Pandora's Tower
5. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

GameCube
1. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
3. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
4. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. Mario Kart

Opinions.

Wii:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles (In my top 5 faves of all time)
2. Metroid Prime: Trilogy (One of the best GC games with its sequels? Yes please)
3. LoZ: Twilight Princess (Amazing Zelda game)
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Fun fighter)
5. (Tie) The Last Story/Pandora's Tower (Couldn't decide, both great)

Gamecube:

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Simply the best)
2. Metroid Prime (Best Metroid game imo)
3. LoZ: Wind Waker (Amazing fun/whimsical Zelda)
4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Amazing RPG)
5. Luigi's Mansion (Horrendously underrated, first console game)

Honorable mentions: FE: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn (Both fantastic)

Last edited:
Gamecube: (In no particular order)

Super Smash Bros Melee - An extremely fun multiplayer bash with all of my beloved Nintendo characters. It had solid gameplay that provided a great foundation for Nintendo to build upon to help usher in the GameCube. Whenever I hear the word " Gamecube" I think of this iconic game n that amazing intro. Kirby, Link n Sheik were my go-to characters.

RE4 - 5 reasons why I loved this game:

1. Bc of Leon Scott Kennedy
2. Bc of Kennedy
3. Bc of Leon
4. Bc of Mr Kennedy
5. Bc of No. 1,2,3,4

A great balance of horror n action unlike its successors. Could've done without the awkward QTEs bt a damn good game nonetheless n my 3rd favourite from the franchise.

Soul Calibur II
- Kicked multiple butts with Cervantes, Ivy, Taki n Talim. One of the best fighting games ever. And altho I rarely chose him, Link was sure a fun guest character to play. I still have the epic track Eternal Struggle on my phone.

Mario Party 4
- BEST Mario Party. The mini-games were insanely fun n addictive. Some moreso than others eg Booksquirm. It always got so competitive between my siblings, cousins n friends but we got plenty of laughs out of it. Fun times.

LoZ: Twilight Princess
- The darker setting, the art style, playing as the wolf, MIDNA, the story, it all came together to deliver one of my all time greatest Zelda experiences.

Honourable Mentions
: RE (Remake), Eternal Darkness: A Sanity's Requiem, Metroid Prime n LoZ:Wind Waker.

Wii list pending...

I'm not the biggest Nintendo gamer by any means but I do have a Nintendo Wii:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
And this is the reason I have the console, the best JRPG I've played since Final Fantasy X! The game has a fantastic setting where civilisation has grown on these broken down old mech, so exploring the world involves moving around these massive robots where life has spread across. The story was compelling and I had a blast with the battle system, it's simple but when you get the timing right on a Special Attack it is bliss! Genuinely tempted to get a Switch for the Remake next year.

2. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
This game is very out there, while it has the foundation to be a Remake of Silent Hill 1 it takes the bare foundation and goes a completely different route - I honestly wish it didn't have these remnants of SH1 because the game is fantastic on it's own accord! Before each chapter you will talk to a Phycologist and depending on your answers the game following chapter will change. It's a really interesting game and the Wii version is the best version overall!

3. Pandora's Tower
I hear a lot of talk about Castlevania, I played a bit of the PS3 version and wasn't taken with it but playing this is precisely what I imagined a 3D Castelvania should be like! By the sense in that you go to these towers and the further you progress the more gateways you unlock to return with ease, which is a benefit in this game because you have a strong reason to return to home base - to provide resources (flesh) for your partner with an illness! Some may find the neediness annoying, but I found the social sim element all the more compelling.

4. Epic Mickey
A very fun and creative Platformer, I don't care for all these creative software games like MineCraft or Roxblox or whatever-the-hell-else but I love the painting mechanic in this game! using the brush to make or break the environment was really fun. But what I also like about this is how they explore Disney's older icons, I'm a big Disney fan so to see Oswald explored along with other original cast members was a treat.

5. The Last Story
A very decent JRPG, admittedly having a forgettable story but excellent action combat system. I don't like S-RPG's but the use of the rings for healing etc. was very interesting.

Last edited:
Back