Ozma

Ozma really is just pure luck. You can start the battle off,he goes first and uses Meteor which as everyone knows about the damage. Everyone dies (or if you're lucky some survive),then he will go again and do the same thing or do Curse then meteor without you having a turn. Next battle can be totally different.

I've beaten him twice. First time was on my first play through of the game. I didn't do the friendly monster side quest. I had Zidane,Garnet,Steiner and Eiko and they were all around level 60 or so. I died after like 15 minutes or so then Phoenix brought me back. After that,he went down in about 5 more minutes.

Second time,same party although everyone was level 99. He killed me a bunch of times before hand by doing what I mentioned above with Meteor. I don't use Auto Life so I rely on Phoenix to decide to come. Anyway around the 4th time,he went down in 3 to 4 minutes.
There are some situations where Ozma will keep using Curse over and over, which is great compared to him using Meteor. I am not sure if it's a glitch or not, maybe you must do something to cause him to use Curse. I'm not sure, I have never witnessed it personally. He is still hard reguardless, just not as hard, so that might explain him being easier some fights, while being extremely difficult on others. Maybe Zidane's thievery has something to do with it, I know you can get it to do 9999 damage to Ozma everytime making it even better than some of his Trance moves.

Last edited:
There are some situations where Ozma will keep using Curse over and over, which is great compared to him using Meteor. I am not sure if it's a glitch or not, maybe you must do something to cause him to use Curse. I'm not sure, I have never witnessed it personally. He is still hard reguardless, just not as hard, so that might explain him being easier some fights, while being extremely difficult on others. Maybe Zidane's thievery has something to do with it, I know you can get it to do 9999 damage to Ozma everytime making it even better than some of his Trance moves.

Yeah it's just one of those random times. His moves aren't set like Omega Weapon in FFVIII so Ozma just does things at random. And yes! Zidane's Thievery doing 9999 damage is great to have! If you have the patience to get it up that high,or just do like I do and work at it all through the game,then it's a very good move to have in the fight with Ozma!

I'd have to check my save file to remember exactly how I beat him. I think Zidane and Steiner were the only ones on my team over level 70. It took me about 20 tries during a summer night, but I finally did beat him. There was no "I'll try again tomorrow", I went right up to the giant gumball and stayed there until he exploded.

Beating Ozma is 90% Preparation 10% Luck. If you have the proper gear and you're prepared with a battle plan and have some sort of move that can do 9999 guaranteed then you can easily take him out. The luck part depends on what he casts and if you're ready for it. I beat him though recently took me four tries but the feeling was amazing.

He's strong, but his HP is not that much. it's low for SUPER BOSSES like him. Zidane, Stenier, Eiko, Vivi.
My key to win was stenier. SHOCK! i mean.
also, ozma can destroy your party with his HEAVY MAGIC!... Low HP. overpowerd magic. Yeah. it's an optional boss after all.
Zidane was 85Lv i think. and always it's about luck. i mean, i was hoping that ozma don't cast
Doomsday. Because if he does. Say: Goodbye. and it's just annoying when he takes 2 Turns. Curse, Doomsday. Bye-Bye! .. it was fun though.
i felt like a boss when i killed him. not like optional bosses now. they're so easy!

Last edited:
Ozma is. despite the low HP, one of the hardest super bosses of the series. Needs much more prep than any other of the super bosses (bar Penance and a few Dark Aeons)

I got lucky on Ozma. I got everyone on trance mode, Eiko and Freya are under level 50, and Zidane has his best weapon. :D

One of the most difficult bosses in the Final Fantasy series. The reason why he is so hard to defeat is because of his attacks. It is a threat to the party members if you are not prepared correctly. I have try to defeat him many times but I always end up losing to it. It is the only boss in the Final Fantasy series that I haven't beaten yet.

Ozma is quite hard to beat and needs a lot of preparation that true. Stealing all items before killing it is a pure challenge

Back