Ozma

yep i beat it :)
yeah the meteor attack is the most annying one lol
curse pissed me off as well
You did remember to steal the pumice piece off it right?
Why? It drops the pumice after you kill it! And yeah I hated it when it used meteor, then auto life brought my characters back to life only to be killed by curse... Very nasty!

You have a lot more patience than i do Ultima. I dont really level my characters high enough to deal with the better enemies >.< Meteor is evil!
Well it's worth it... First u fight Grand Dragons and Garudas on Popos heights, then you go to Vile Island (the island nearest the centre of the map) and fight Yans there... But they're really hard, you might need to run away unless there's just one Yan when u first fight there. And yeah i suppose it's a little boring, but it gave me some satisfaction to kill off those nasty pests!

Last edited:
There's not much point though.. And I think I already got 2 pumice pieces, but I may be mistaken...

Last edited:
well its needed for a perfect playthrough :)
well you cant actually get every item (cause theres only 1 hammer)

i couldnt be bothered to max out damage for frog drop and theivery
wing edge ftw

i couldnt be bothered to max out damage for frog drop and theivery
wing edge ftw

Thievery was difficult, but since I spend a whole lot of time leveling up, the frogs regenerate a lot faster. I usually have 80 frogs by the time I get off the Mist Continent.

lol i have 99 now but i had real problems
what lv were you when you had to go through the mines thing

Come on though, bragging rights man. Being able to say "I kicked Ozma's ass" is a lot better than saying "Nah, I never beat a rainbow looking ball on FFIX". Go for the kill playaaaa!!!

lol i have 99 now but i had real problems
what lv were you when you had to go through the mines thing

My party's usually around level 80 with the exception of Dagger. She's usually level 70-75 (maybe lower) since she doesn't spend as much time fighting the Grand Dragons as Zidane, Vivi, and Quina do.

lol?
is that during disc 2 or at end of game?
well anyway yans are best for lving up ^_^
although they are extremly hard even at lv 99

lol?
is that during disc 2 or at end of game?
well anyway yans are best for lving up ^_^
although they are extremly hard even at lv 99

During disc 2. It's difficult to fight the Grand Dragons without reflect and you don't get the Reflect ring until you purchase it at Treno with Steiner & Dagger. So before I start fighting the Grand Dragons, I usually fight the Garudas first.

Yeah I know about the Yans on Vile Island, but at this point in the game I have no way to get there. Defeating these annoying things require more preparation than the fight with Ozma.

whoa so was the rest of the game easy at lv 80?
i didnt bother fighting grand dragon
yan and ozma are very similar cause they both do random damage with their attacks :(

The game's pretty easy regardless of your level, but I just like to level up a lot. And it just so happen that Square decided to put such a powerful beast so early in the game. Much appreciated Square.

I've said it once before, I'm a level up freak. Especialy in FF7. I usually have everyones Lvl 3 limit breaks by the time I get out of Midgar.

man in ff7 i didnt even have a lv2 limit when i reach disc 3 lol
im the opposite
i dont like to lv up until the end of the game then i do everything ^_^

man in ff7 i didnt even have a lv2 limit when i reach disc 3 lol
im the opposite
i dont like to lv up until the end of the game then i do everything ^_^

In FF7 it does pay off to level up. Since I've been playing it for around 9 years, I've found several hot spots to level up. It's a big help to know of these spots. and since Aeris
dies
so early in the game, I like to take full advantage of her limit breaks early on.

hmmm i never used any of her limits apart from healing wind and the second one :/
so is great gospel any good?
im always underleveled in games

Great Gospel is alright, but not my choice. I get all her limit breaks, and then I set her limit level to level 2, Fury Brand.

This is helpful in 2 ways, the first is that it keeps everybodys limit full always, that helps in the begining when you're about to die and need a quick escape, you use Cloud's Finishing Touch and the battle's over.

The second is it helps to develope more limit breaks for your characters.
If you need the second limit break in your level, this ability will cut your time of getting the limit down by half.

i forgot the perfect configuration but.. i think i used amarant's return magic and other char skills that made me beat ozma w/ an average difficulty. i'm sorry its been a while since i played it... i forgot the exact details of strategy to beat him w/ ease.

Back