[18/01] Kingdom Hearts 3DS Is Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
At the Square Enix Production 1 press conference Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix director Yasushi Yasue formally introduced Kingdom Hearts 3DS under its proper title, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

Yasue says the Nintendo 3DS game will use stereoscopic graphics when players fall from high places or fly far distances. The game will give players a sense of breakthrough speed. The team put forth an effort to make the action part feel new. Players will be able to switch between Kingdom Hearts series protagonists Sora and Riku in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. This tactical element will make the game’s tempo feel fresh, Yasue explains.

Yasue promises to put in plentiful use of the Nintendo 3DS’ functions in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

Source: Siliconera

Dream Drop Distance...3D. Hmm. Oh yeah, I see what you've done there, SE. :ahmed:

But err, I know JRPG developers like Square Enix don't exactly come out with the best names for their games, but to be blunt, it sounds like a ridiculous name. I know it makes some sense in some little way with regards to the whole dropping down long distances thing (why, is that going to be the game's running theme or something?), but it's a stupid subtitle nonetheless. :wacky:

Sorry, but all I could think of with this topic title was "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds" :rofl:

In any case, it'll be interesting to see what features they implement. Swapping between two characters makes me think of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin...a good comparison, in my mind. Who knows, perhaps this will be the first KH game I play for longer than ten minutes...nah.

Really? Why not "Dungeon of Dumb Dicks"? It would make a better title, I'm sure it wouldn't fit very well, but it sounds better than "Dream Drop Distance". What are we playing here, the newest Dora game? Hell no.
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

yeah I don't think i will ever call this game by its tripple D name... it will be KH3D haha sounds less lame.
but regardless I am very excited to play as Riku through the majority of the game for the first time ever (besides CoM I think?)

Personally, I'm not going to criticise the name since I've seen that done with "Birth By Sleep" and "358/2 Days" then hey, what d'ya know, it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back