What does your sleep position say about you?

I don't particularly fall under any of those categories... I lay on my side, facing either way, and put my arm under the pillow, which boosts the pillow up a bit to support my head, and then I have my other arm in front of me, and then my legs just partially curl into fetal position, but not all that much. Then my head is tilted downward. VERY comfortable :)

...? Sounds more like trying to look partially cute so should some woman walk in on you like that, she would find you cute and want to cuddle you? :wacky:

My position varies, I don't always just stick to one position, and sometimes through tossing and turning in a more restless night, find myself in more than one different position in a single night.

To be more like my fursona though (fur persona), I do try to sleep facing down. Facing down meaning on my stomach, with my head tilted to aside usually along the side of the pillow, and beyond that, my legs are fully outstretched across the bed, while my arms, however, vary a bit more, at least one of them just hanging straight across the bed along one of my sides, sometimes both.

Just trying to imagine some of these are hilarious, especially the one on the side with arms and legs pointing straight down. How does one do that? xD In any case, I vary from sleeping on my side into the fetal position and on my stomach (though it is very bad for my back so I try not to do it much). Guess I'm a toughy on the outside and warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Soldier and Yearner.

MOD EDIT: Can you please put a little more effort into your posts please? This is a spam post in a post count section. Don't just tell us what positions, tell us if they match your personalities, etc. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... How am I supposed to tell how my sleeping position effects my personality, or how my personality effects the position I sleep in, or whatever...? That's kind of...confusing. :hmmm:

Already stated that I don't generally have any one particular position that I sleep in, so indeed, what does that say about me? I don't get it...

I must change positions a lot in the night, as would most of us, but the position I am most conscious of (or the one I tend to place myself into when I go into bed) is reasonably close to this one:

Starfish (On Your Back With Both Arms Up And Around The Pillow)-
Those who sleep in this position are usually great listeners. They are giving and always willing to help. They are great friends and don't like to be in the spotlight.

However, I actually hug the pillow rather than just having my arms underneath the pillow that my head is resting on (if that is what this description really meant).

I actually am so hardcore that I hug two pillows, not just one. I find it comforting to be hugging something, which sounds a bit sad. But I'm not always on my back. Sometimes I roll on to my side and all sorts.

I can't comment on what that says about my personality with regards to the positions listed here since I think the position above does not really match what I do anyway (if I interpreted it correctly).

I'm a stomach sleeper, but, that description for me is horrible.

I never act any type of way. I'm very shy and quiet in real life. I've even had people ask my friends if I knew how to talk. That's how quiet I am. I do however, like to stay in my comfort zone. You can't even get me in a pool.

I don't think I'm selfish. I try not to be at least.

So there. Sleeping on my stomach is very comfortable.

Like everyone else I sleep in a variety of positions not just one, however all the positions listed describe my personality somewhat. Even the ones I don't sleep in. They are Barnum statements, sentences constructed so anyone reading them can relate to them

I go in as a log but always wake up a soldier. If I had a second pillow I'd like to try the starfish, tho :)

Whaaat, how do you guys know which position you mostly sleep in because I'm pretty sure that changes throughout the night. :|

When I do start out about ready to fall asleep though, I'm usually on my side with one arm beneath my pillow. It's not described in the list, but I guess we'll say 'foetus'. I've done freefall, starfish, soldier, log, and who knows what else while I'm asleep. So what does that say about me? I'm pretty much all over the place.

When I do start out about ready to fall asleep though, I'm usually on my side with one arm beneath my pillow.

That's like me. I have the pillow slanted over my arm at a 45 degree angle and tucked into the groove under my neck with my legs stretched out. If I'm snoozing I like to sleep on my back with my phone (alarm) on my chest and my hands over it. I call it the Pharoah. Yeah I sleep weird.

I'm a sleep on my side kinda person. No idea what it means or how long I stay like that at night, but it's how I always fall asleep, and how I wake up position-wise.

I try to sleep on my stomach or back, but it's just not comfortable to me. Ironic to say because almsot every night I wake up with a numb arm because I sleep on my side and I'm lying directly on-top of it.

Woah, I know this thread is uber old, but somehow I missed it until now. That stuff in the OP is actually pretty crazy. I switch between Yearner and Soldier and the descriptions pretty much have me to a T :confused:

In my case it's a bit unfair of a test though. I have bad knees, so they're the main determining factor in my sleep position. Kind of limits my options.

I'd say the best one that describes me is a log. Can't sleep any other way, honestly :lew:
I can say, from what I know of myself, it's pretty dart on with what it says of my personality... but that just could be because im gullible, idunno :smartass:

Back