What does your sleep position say about you?

Rapture

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
With all of the sleep threads, I figured this would fit right in :monster: They say your sleep position can say alot about your personality. So...what does your sleep position say about you?

I personally am a stomach sleeper. I don't figure myself to be all that outgoing...at least to strangers. Also I am definitely not brash, however I don't like extreme situations so I guess that makes some sense :monster:

Foetus (Those who curl up in the fetal position)-
...Are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. These people are highly emotional, sensitive, artistic, and have intense one-on-one relationships. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

Yearner (People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front)-
...Are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.

Freefall (Stomach) Position-
People who sleep on their stomach are very outgoing and may be a bit selfish. This type of person likes to stay in their comfort zone and does not like extreme situations. This type of person may be nervous on the inside but puts up a front being brash.

Soldier (On Your Back Arms To Your Sides)-
Those who sleep on their back tend to be very quiet, reserved, and fuss-free. Soldier sleepers have a higher likelihood for snoring due to the flat-back position. They tend to set a very high standard for themselves and for others. This type of person tends to be laid back and doesn't make a big deal out of things.

Starfish (On Your Back With Both Arms Up And Around The Pillow)-
Those who sleep in this position are usually great listeners. They are giving and always willing to help. They are great friends and don't like to be in the spotlight.

Log (On Your Side, Legs Straight, Arms At Your Sides)-
These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd. They are trusting of strangers, however they may be gullible.

Last edited:
It doesn't say much about me at all. I think the closest thing that would describe how I sleep is the Log position however I wouldn't say the description is very accurate. While I will admit sometimes I can be gullible, I think a Soldier would be more suiting of my personality. Sometimes I am too laid back for my own good.

I toss and turn a lot, and sometimes will end up in the fetal position for maybe a few minutes at a time if I've fallen asleep with too much stuff on the bed and have no room for my legs :hmmm: However, most of the time I do the "yearner" one, but I think it's just because physiologically it's the most comfortable. I have a curve in my lower back so I can't lay flat on it, it's uncomfortable to lay on my chest so I can't sleep on my stomach, and when I curl up fetally my back gets really cramped. And when I lay sideways with my arms straight at my sides, I have trouble breathing. So it kind of only leaves one option for me XD

I am quite cynical sometimes though, so that part's true, and it is hard to change my mind about a lot of things :P

I usually sleep in the soldier position, sometimes foetus and log. Foetus and soldier positions seem to be true about me but not log. I'm generally not part of the in-crowd but I am pretty gullible.

Soldier (On Your Back Arms To Your Sides)-
Those who sleep on their back tend to be very quiet, reserved, and fuss-free. Soldier sleepers have a higher likelihood for snoring due to the flat-back position. They tend to set a very high standard for themselves and for others. This type of person tends to be laid back and doesn't make a big deal out of things.

That's me to a T :griin: Not to mention, is the only sleeping position I can sleep in :wacky:

Eh, I've never really been into the analyses of sleep positions in correlation to one's personality. It's as accurate as the Western Zodiac to me. :mokken:

But just to kill time . . .

Stella Nox Fleuret said:
Foetus (Those who curl up in the fetal position)- ... Are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. These people are highly emotional, sensitive, artistic, and have intense one-on-one relationships. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

I'm really overly sensitive, I have a tendency to be emotional, dramatic, and I don't trust people. I rarely ever trust people. I'm not really shy just quiet until I feel I can trust you then I'll talk more. And even then it depends on how you approach me, if you're going to be all antagonistic and bitchy then I'll ignore you. :mokken: 'Cause I'll think you're a bitch. If you're polite and generally laidback then I'll talk with you.

The emotional part and sensitivity is more a commonality in females than it is an individual thing so that part is eh. I just like to curl up so I can feel warm and cozy.

...Are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. These people are highly emotional, sensitive, artistic, and have intense one-on-one relationships. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

Probably describes me well. :hmmm: I agree with most of what's said. I'm definitely shy when I first meet someone but I tend to relax once I've gotten to know them even only a little. Interesting how something as simple as a sleeping position can show something like that.

This is the position I sleep in the most. I think this description fits me pretty well. I'm shy when I first meet people. I tend to be emotional and sensitive. I've been told I'm artistic and creative as well. :hmmm:

So apparently I'm:

People who sleep on their stomach are very outgoing and may be a bit selfish. This type of person likes to stay in their comfort zone and does not like extreme situations. This type of person may be nervous on the inside but puts up a front being brash.

I find this to be a bit vague but I do have qualities of both. The main problem I have with this is I saw something completely different in an article a month ago in sleep positions. So far this is the most accurate aboot meh! XD

I cover Foetus, Yearner and Freefall :lew:

Pretty much sum me up to a T, as most people who know me well would agree :wacky: /rhyme

I"m on and off a Yearner and Foetus :hmmm:. Personality-wise, that's me to a T :griin:. I can't make up my mind easily, but once I do, it's hard to change it :wacky:. But on the other hand, I am very sensitive, and shy in person :lew:. And usually, I go to sleep in the Yearner position, and wake up in fetal position :gasp:. So, yeah I'm an oddball :wacky:

This is me spot on to a tee! Word for word, and I sleep like this too, haha that's amazing. :wacky:

Yeah I don't really consciously remember sleeping in any other position, when I'm ill I tend to sleep on my stomach, but that's only occasionally.

...Are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.

Ve
ry, verytrue. I am a very open minded person, but over the years I have become skeptical of a lot of things. And whenever I do make a decision (after putting some deep thought into it), I am most likely going to stick with it. I hate it when people tell me that I should be doing one thing rather than the other when the 'other' is much more logical and easy to stand by .

That's me, right there. Kinda scary isn't it? That suits my personality exactly, word for word.

Its weird though, sometimes I'll start out like a yearner, then freefall, then feotus. (my sleeping position i mean :wacky: ) But I always feel the most comfortable in Foetus...that is quite weird.....

I sleep on my stomach. >.<

I agree with most of this about myself but I don't think I'm selfish at all if there was one thing to disagree on.

Definitely like to stay in my comfort zone. >.< Don't think I'm brash though.

Nyeh these sort of things aren't always spot on. =P

I find this shit bollocks tbh

I tend to be most comfy on my side, and thats probably how I nod off/wake up, but I like lying on my stomach as well. Which I sort of fell out of the habit of when getting abit heavier in my pregnancy. And (so Im told) I cant keep still when I sleep. No wonder I always wake up tired

Must admit though :

Sums me up rather well haha

We can probably all relate to most everything on all those positions tbh.

Guess that's not far off teh mark either. though, its just generalising innit, I just dont beleive this stuff really

I'm both the solider and the star fish. Pretty interesting and they both fit my personality.

I'm a foetus and a yearner. They are kind of vague, but they kiiiiiinda describe me. However, I wouldn't really rely on this, lol.

Hell yeah. :awesome: Being cynical is awesome anyway, so is being stubborn. I'd rather look at things in a cynical way at times anyway rather than take everything at face value. Take shit from no one bruva. :hmph:

I am a lot of those but I mostly sleep in the Foetus position

Back