NFL Discussion Thread

Surely the real talking point is how the fuck the Jets managed to go so far behind in the first 2Qs without any response. As a fan I wouldn't be crying over a bad call here or there I'd be wondering how a team of 'professionals' capitulated so badly in a championship game.
I agree. You can make these kind of mistakes all year, but we're talking not only a playoff game but an AFC game. You let it slip that far and that's why you lose. You can't be easier on the Jets just because they have to fight harder to win than most teams, sorry. The reason why the Jets lost is because they couldn't get anything off the first 2 quarters.

Last edited:
Holy crap people. The game play by the Jets kicked ass in the final Qs. :ffs: Again, need I mention the 45-yard touch down by Holmes and Sanchez? :griin:

I think the point everyone is trying to make is that it wasn't enough to win the game either way. The only thing that matters is the final score. Whether they lost by 24 or 5, a loss is a loss. :lew:

True. But I wish people would stop acting like they completely crapped out... when they didn't.

True. But I wish people would stop acting like they completely crapped out... when they didn't.
I already told my opinion but the point I was trying to make was that this was a playoff game and an AFC game. You have all year to trail behind teams and come back and win, that is the regular season. But in the playoffs, you just shouldn't trail behind like that. You've got to play seriously most of the way for an AFC game. Even if you're behind by a few points, it takes stress off the other team's QB and the other team might win because of it.

Last edited:
I don't think going 24-0 down is very wise in the regular season or the playoffs to be honest.
You can experiment in the regular season because one loss doesn't make the outcome. Not to mention that the other teams are probably just getting started too. And the other team might even just let one slip by.

But in the playoffs, most teams are in gear so if you aren't in gear at the start, the chances of losing, are about guaranteed I think. If you do win, it's probably either luck or you got something together. But I'm afraid like someone else said, you don't win until you win. Whatever way you look at it, you have to say the Steelers were better. The Jets lost because they couldn't get something together.

It is kind of nice that they didn't lose 24-0, but I've payed my respects on this subject before.

The Jets did good but they lost and lost early.

Last edited:
One loss can make all the difference in the regular season (look at the Packers who wouldn't be here now with one more loss, or if the Giants hadn't thrown away a big lead against the Eagles), it doesn't matter whether it's regular season or playoffs, giving yourself too much ground to make up is a fundamental no no. In fact, how often have teams made big comebacks of 20 points or so during a season.

One loss can make all the difference in the regular season (look at the Packers who wouldn't be here now with one more loss, or if the Giants hadn't thrown away a big lead against the Eagles), it doesn't matter whether it's regular season or playoffs, giving yourself too much ground to make up is a fundamental no no. In fact, how often have teams made big comebacks of 20 points or so during a season.
One loss doesn't make the difference. A team can finish 15-1 or 14-2 or worse and go to the playoffs. The Packers had 6 losses and made it to the playoffs.

It's when you keep losing. It's because of all the losses that the Packers were in a position where they had to beat the Bears to go to the playoffs, not just one or two or three. You have a lot of chances to mess up in the regular season.

Last edited:
One loss doesn't make the difference. A team can finish 15-1 or 14-2 or worse and go to the playoffs. The Packers had 6 losses and made it to the playoffs.

It's when you keep losing. It's because of all the losses that the Packers were in a position where they had to beat the Bears to go to the playoffs, not just one or two or three. You have a lot of chances to mess up in the regular season.

It's hard to win football games. It's rare that a team goes 14-2 or 15-1. There's no reason to "experiment" with falling behind, because there's no guarantee that it's an experiment. It could be that you're just not that good. And charlie's right, if the Packers had been 9-7 instead of 10-6, they wouldn't have been in the playoffs.

You play to win the game, to coin a phrase. You don't sandbag, you don't experiment. These guys are paid to play to the best of their abilities. Not dick around on the field, then suddenly flip a switch.

Kinda late, but Sol, what difference does it being an AFC game make? The NFC is just as hard, since they have to do the same amount of work to get in as the AFC does.

Kinda late, but Sol, what difference does it being an AFC game make? The NFC is just as hard, since they have to do the same amount of work to get in as the AFC does.
Yeah, AFC and NFC doesn't make a difference to me. They're both just as important. However with the Jets, they play for the AFC the way it works, so that's why I said AFC.

But yes, whether it's NFC or AFC... you get it. It's the same to me.

Ok. It just looked to me like you were trying to say that AFC was harder than NFC. I was all like "wut?".

Super Bowl Winner prediction: Packers by 7.

Double-post ftw. :mokken:

Even though I was right on the team, I was wrong on the score. Even still, I picked the winner. Go me. :wacky:

How many of you actually watched the whole game? (yes, that includes the halftime show)

I and my family watched the entire show, even halftime. Thought it was pretty nifty, though I heard some lyrics that weren't suppose to be in a certain part. Unless my memory failed me.

I loved how the game played and am grateful the Packers won. Rodgers and Jennings was amazing! :3

(owns a Rodgers jersey xD)

Yeah, Rodgers did play pretty good.

I feel kinda bad for Driver and Woodson, though. They got hurt and couldn't finish the game. :sad3:

I was actually a bit surprised when they threw in Slash, and a little irritated when they threw in Usher.

Me too. Driver and Woodson deserved to play the game till the end. But at least they know they played a vital role in the game's win :)

Rodgers always threw the ball (except three times) where he wanted and needed it to go with great aim. I was awesome when -- er I forget who it was -- sorta did a jump over a Steelers player and landed on his back with the ball to score a touchdown. I think that was my favorite part :D

My sister said "Where there's an Usher, there's a Bieber." and then it went to commercials and BAM! Bieber xD

I think that might have been Collins, after the interception return for a TD. :hmmm:

I lol'd so hard at that commercial. Freaking Ozzy knows how to make funny commercials nowadays, doesn't he.

Fully deserved win from Green Bay, giving away three turnovers is a surefire way to lose any game, especially when the other team bags 21 points from them.

Oh boy, I know this is a FF site, but the sports convo for us Americans is definitely slacking haha.

Another Super Bowl and season in the books and Peyton Manning is going out on top and saying goodbye to the game. I was never a huge fan of his, but I can't argue that he wasn't an all-time great at the game and at QB.

Hopefully my Chargers can do a little better next year, and if they can't win it all, someone new will. Was pulling for the Panthers all year, but they kinda ran outta gas I guess.

Back