NFL Discussion Thread

♡ C a l i ♡;861214 said:
It was just a joke, man. :p

Oh no, don't misunderstand me, I wasn't angry or anything, just kindly making a point. :awesome:

I'm not one of those fans who hates other fans just because of who they cheer for, so please don't try to get the wrong impression of me. Aside from being a Pats fan, I really do try to be a fan of the game as a whole.

My dislike of other teams fans is usually based upon the the person. If I'm able to chat with someone without them acting like their team is all high and mighty, then I'm cool with them.

If you hate the Cowboys, you are also cool in my book. :sup:

Although, I'll admit, I do usually try to avoid the stereotypical Philly fans, they bother me a bit. If you are an Eagles fan, and you are rational and level-headed about them, then you are ok. If you hated McNabb because he apparently sucked, then I really question your sanity, because from an outsider looking in, McNabb did wonderful things for the Eagles while he was there. If the Pats didn't have Brady, I would gladly welcome McNabb.

Anyway...

I would love to see the Pats win the SB this year to prove everyone (who thought they were done) wrong. In truth though, if they don't, I don't care which NFC team wins it, just as long as the Steelers or the Jets DON'T win.

Although, if the Steelers go, they'll probably steal another one, literally. If the Jets go, well...I probably won't go near anything football related until the Super Bowl so I don't have to hear what Rex had to say.

Its obvious sports on a final fantasy website isnt going to work.

Cali, if you dont live in the Jersey/NY area you are a bandwagoner and i hate you.

Patriots going all the way this year as much as i hate to say it. Mark Sanchez is a subpar Playoff QB with a 32% passer rating at foxborough

Patriots going all the way this year as much as i hate to say it. Mark Sanchez is a subpar Playoff QB with a 32% passer rating at foxborough

It's kinda funny. I made a few comments on some stories on NFL.com, and in both of my comments, I made the point that the Jets fans on that site need to stop looking past the Patriots like they have already beaten them and that they need to focus on whether or not Sanchez will suck this next game. Let's face it, their playoff hopes really do balance on his shoulders. If he doesn't play well, I don't think the Jets will survive to go onto next week. If he plays well, they just may survive.

Remember that the Jets beat the Colts and a Manning that was starting to get a consecutive win streak. However, it's hard to tell what will happen - the Patriots were 14-2 coming in but all it takes is one loss to lose their efforts, and the Jets were 1-1 against the Pats in the regular season but with a horrible loss.

Jets are good, but the Colts are better in my opinion. Peyton is just too much awesome, so he let them win that one.
(And Eli Manning in the Newyork Giants is pretty good too :) )

Well that doesn't really mean they aren't as good or worse than Jets, just that the lost one. :mrgreen:

You're fuxing up your stats here. Passer rating doesn't go by percentage.

Also, my master plan is coming into effect. Green Bay has successfully defeated Atlanta, which means the Hawks host the NFC title game next Sunday if they beat Jay Cutler.

Cali, if you dont live in the Jersey/NY area you are a bandwagoner and i hate you.
My mom lived on Long Island, dude. I've loved the Jets since I started watching Football. :griin:

Also, if I should support my states team... I live in Kentucky... what now? :wacky:

And, I'm not tryin' to brag... but damn, I called it. Two games in a row. Steelers and Packers. And DAMN did they play a game. :ryan:

Bears VS Seahawks... 7 - nothin' :grin:

♡ C a l i ♡;861548 said:
Bears VS Seahawks... 7 - nothin' :grin:

We were down 10-0 and 17-7 last week. We'll be fine.

Although Carlson just went down, and that's a big injury for us.

We were down 10-0 and 17-7 last week. We'll be fine.
Yeah, it's still early, they could pull out the kick ass, too. :hmmm:

Although Carlson just went down, and that's a big injury for us.
I'm forced to watch it online so I did not know that :wacky:

And, to prevent this from being chucked over into SPAM-can, we must make the posts bigger. :wacky:

Last edited:
I think you can already stick a fork in this game, 21-0 at half-time. If there is no miraculous comeback, Chicago will host Green Bay in the NFC Championship game next week (er...most of you will know that already though). That could be a real cracker :)

That's why I said out of no where. Peyton is like, the manliest man in football :jess:

ololol. That made me laugh harder than it should have. Peyton buckles at the sign of any pressure whatsoever. Not saying he's a bad quarterback overall but in the playoffs, he tends to be a bad quarterback. Just saying. :wacky:

And just a bit of a reminder guys, this is the post count section so let's try and keep the proper post-lengths. I'm not saying you have to type a novel but let's avoid short posts like "Pats suck ass!" and the like. Carry on. :andry:

It's all about the Lions. -_-

In all srsness, I just hope the Super Bowl is another good close game. I hate blowouts when the teams are supposed to be good. :mokken:

Yeah, this game is over as far as I can tell. I don't appreciate the Seahawks... but, seriously, what was with this game? Do seahawks hate snow? :wacky: They must be pissed today, that's for sure. :wacky: But who knows, maybe they can catch up. :hmmm:

ololol. That made me laugh harder than it should have. Peyton buckles at the sign of any pressure whatsoever. Not saying he's a bad quarterback overall but in the playoffs, he tends to be a bad quarterback. Just saying. :wacky:
I've noticed this as well. :wacky:

In all srsness, I just hope the Super Bowl is another good close game. I hate blowouts when the teams are supposed to be good. :mokken:
Yeah, I want it to be a close call... like neck in neck. Those are always the best games to watch. It's no fun when the other team obviously has a bigger advantage.

It's all about the Lions. -_-

I genuinely felt bad for the Lions when they went an entire season without winning one game. :sad:

But I agree about the Super Bowl. I hope it's a decent game and not boring to watch. The last game Super Bowl I really watched was the Patriots and Giants. That was a really good game.

You didn't watch the last one, Tia?

My prediction for this one: Packers vs. Ravens.

Nah, I didn't watch last year's. I don't even remember who was in it. :wacky:

I didn't have cable at the time though. :lew:

Well, the Ravens are out... I have a feeling the Steelers are gonna take another super bowl :wacky: they played really good last game.

I can't believe it's almost the 4thQ and it's 28 - 0... :ffs: this is weird.

The last few Superbowls have been fairly close, the last game which was a real thrashing was Oakland v Tampa Bay in 2002 or so I think. So fingers crossed for a good one. Interesting that no Superbowl has ever gone to overtime, though a few have come close.

The Championship games could both be really great too, big rivalry match ups in both possibly.

I was too much of a kid to watch football in 02 so I wouldn't know. But I'll take your word on it.

Do any of you have an predictions for the super bowl teams? I'm hoping for Steelers VS Jets. What about you all?

Back