Tactics Final Fantasy Tactics sequel or Final Fantasy Tactics A3?

Rune174

Gil
Its been 4 years now since the release of FFA2, and I can't even remember when the rerelease of the original FFT:WotL (No, not a WoW reference lol). Since then, I have been craving a new tactics game ever since, and without any kind of resource or reference, I have not been able to locate any information on the possibilities of there even being another game. If any information is at your disposal, please post it here.

Anyways, if there is another FF title, what would you want changed from some of the previous titles? I'll have a list here shortly.

Ideas:

New Game + : (All future FFT and FFTA games)

In all of the FFT games thus far, when a player completes the storyline in the game, they have one of two different alternatives: Either to start the entire game over from scratch, or continue to uncover secrets that the game holds until the game becomes stale, taking away from the fun factor. This is due to a chain in the story I like to call the 'Deadwall'. In FF:WotL, when you defeat the last boss in the game, you are stuck in that chain events, and unless you saved before a certain point, you are stuck.

If a person wishes to choose this option , they lose all of their levels, all of their equipment, but still retain their skills and allies (Until they get to a point where they can get them back at a certain event, such as main characters, pets, etc). This will create a fun factor to continue developing their character(s), as well as letting you experience the story all over again.

Morale Compass and Multiple Paths:

As a person who has played a good deal of amount of JRPGs, FFT was one of those types of games that did follow along a linear path through how the story develops. By creating a character that can follow along the dark or enlightened path, it can create many roads impacting the end of the story.

Could Ramza have joined Gaffgarion in executing princess Olivia, and how would that have impacted the story? Would new rebels have gone against them as they tried to take her to the Tonberry Castle to have her executed? Would he have had second thoughts on that Road?

In FFTA, Marche could have easily accepted Mewt's world and lived out his days in content, but engineered happiness. What would have happened if he did?

All these things could make the game more enthralling and pulls the players into the storyline.

Last edited:
With Matsuno no longer working at Square, although Square is continuing to mine his old products with a new version of one of his Ogre battle games, I think it's doubtful we'll see an actual sequel.
The Fortress game I mentioned in another thread is an obvious prequel.I don't know who wrote it.Matsuno might have written it before he left Square or someone else there might have written it.
shrugs.It's anyone's guess when we'll actually see it if ever.

Obviously we could see a game involving St Ajora/The zodiac Braves and their origins which might be interesting.
Or something that takes place much later after the death of King Delita Hyral.

I am not in favor of one of those Tactics Advance games such as A3 would be.

Yeah, it is a shame that Matsuno left. But it was writers like him that gave actual life to games of this nature. I have to disagree about the FFTA game. Its a huge contrast to the original FFT game. The advanced series were a bit lighter hearted, so it made it easier to play this games in times of stress, while the original gave more depth to style of gameplay and the story was easy to get mad over like when I lost an important character or something.

Back