Did NOBODY ask about Dajh?

Catnip

Auto-Haste
Veteran
Gil
It seemed as though nobody but Vanille really gave a shit about Sazh's story. It was always Serah this, Serah that. Personally, I think the whole Sazh losing his little boy thing was 10x more heartbreaking than god damn Snow never being able to fuck Serah again. The thought of Light losing her little sister was pretty bad, but it was hardly anything compared to the thought of Sazh losing his son.

But what I think is pretty irrelevant.

What I really wanna know is why the fuck nobody even cared enough to send a simple little smile over to Sazh and Dajh's reunion near the end at least. Like, fuck man. It's like the party just went "well, we might as well add some colour to our team just because".

I can't be the only one who's wondered about this.

I completely agree with you. I thouhgt Sazh's background was so much sadder than Snow's. The guy even put a gun to his head, talk about depressing. I was actually really worried if Sazh was going to see his son again. I realized too that Sazh was kind of left out, nobody really talked to him other than Vanille which is pretty lame. It seems the whole god dam thing was revolved around Serah. So from what I remember nobody did ask about Dajh except Vanille but you already said that. One last point, some team they were huh? Their goals seemed kind of selfish if you ask me especially how no one really seemed interested in the next persons goals except Snow and Lightning (towards eachother) and Vanille. Oh yeah, they're all racist aswell so that could explain it he he.

Yeah I agree, I thought that to myself sometimes..........I don't think throughout the story anyone even told them did Snow,Light,Fang and Hope even know about Dajh?

Of course Light is the main character and she's not really the type to care about other people..........though she does towards the end, I dont think she shows much compassion towards Sazh.

It's cause he's black :mokken: lol

In the very first big boss in the first chapter with the fal cie Sazh mentions Dajh just before the battle. I don't even think the others knew about his son until they saw him in crystal so I think that's pretty loopholeish. I think the only reason there was so much emphasis on Serah was because she had two people who really cared about here and Dajh just had, well, his dad...I mean not everyone got all teary eyed for Hope's mom, I doubt Sazh even knew about her. So it all just plays out in a way that Serah has one more admirer than everyone else which made her seem more important. But I think they were both equally important. Only Vanille really knows about what her and Sazh went through. (potential spoiler) I doubt that everyone asked what happened to each other while they were all spilt up once they regrouped. There were much bigger issues at hand....Plus you basically see the story more through Lightning's eyes than the others...

From what I recall, Sazh kept the whole story about him and his son fairly low-key and it never reached the level of prominence that Serah had. He only really disclosed it to Vanille during the course of the game and it really is actually interesting to realise that the others hardly bat an eyelid in the ending. I can't even remember if the rest of the party even know much about Sazh at all other than Vanille, because after the events in Nautilus, the whole exploration of Sazh's backstory kind of loses significance and never really becomes an issue again.

I also do think that the events surrounding Dajh were more tragic than the events surrounding Serah. Of course, they're both respectively the last bit of family (presumably) left for Sazh and Lightning, so both are tragic. It's purely when you compare the two that it becomes more apparent. Sazh and Dajh were really close. Can you imagine the anguish a loving father would feel seeing things like this happen to your son - branded a L'Cie and crystallised during a very touching moment? It was also very touching to see how helpless Sazh seemed to feel in comparison to Lightning. Sazh had a gun to his head and contemplated (even if it was just briefly on the spot) on just ending it all as he felt he had nothing more to fight for.

What I got from the story is that Vanille and Sazh had their own story going on...and Lightning, Hope, Serah, and Snow had their own little story. They attempted to bring everyone together at the end of the game...quite miserably.

The only person who really cared about Sazh and Dajh was Vanille, because of what she did. Lightning and the rest of them never really knew what happened...but you would think they would've at the end of the game since it was pretty obvious. The end ended with more Snow and Serahism.

This was another reason why I didn't particularly care for the story in 13. I felt it was another dramatic love story that they had Lightning star in.

Racial undertones! D=

Nah but in all seriousness. I do agree that Sazh and Dajh's scenario was more tragic than Serah's, mainly due to Dajh's age. Mind, I also gotta agree with an earlier point that Sazh didn't go flaunting it, as well as the fact that the whole party bar Fang was present during Serah's crystalisation.

I feel as a result, it says something about Sazh, he could be considered quite personal, or he doesn't want to add more of a downer for the rest of the party and only telling Vanille to indicate the development of their relationship, as well as to build suspense for Chapter 8.It could be an indication of his age as if you exclude the years Vanille and Fang spent as crystals the oldest in the group. So being the oldest, maybe he feels it's his duty to supress emotions, and as a result, his story?

Maybe it was because Dajh was never in any real danger.
Maybe Barty would have hurt him if it had served his purpose but you never see any indication of that.
Better to just use him as a lure.
As for Jihl of course she also was going to use the child but I doubt she had carte blanche to to hurt him as reportedly he was made an l'cie by the Eden falcie so he was to be honored as well as protected.
So I didn't feel he was ever in any real danger unlike his old man.
Sure the others should have said more and maybe they did in stuff that was deleted from the final product/version of the game.We don't know.
I didn't feel it was racist though although the Japanese have a history of racist behavior.I don't feel it was intentional.

shrugs.

Yeah, I would have liked to see more, Specially with Fang and Sazh because Fang knew. Spoiler: she was the reason Dajh was made a L'cie in the first place and all we got was a tiny cutscene when you find the chocobos. Seems like a lot of wasted potential (Even though I loved the game, there were plenty of moments and backstories that could have been explored.) It almost seemed to make light of the situation. Either that or Sazh really convinced himself that he was souly responsible. Because in one scene he wants to shoot Vanille and then the next he's telling Fang it's no big deal. I dunno.

I think they spent to much time developing the story around Serah that the others kind of got pushed into the back ground.

I do agree with this. I think that Dajh being taked from Sazh and made a L'cie was sad. Especially when he turned to crystal, and what his focus was. But unless I am mistaken he never mentioned it to anyone but Vanille. I don't remember any scene in the whole game exept for that one where he tells Vanille. But it is nice that they're reunited in the end.

I do agree with this. I think that Dajh being taked from Sazh and made a L'cie was sad. Especially when he turned to crystal, and what his focus was. But unless I am mistaken he never mentioned it to anyone but Vanille. I don't remember any scene in the whole game exept for that one where he tells Vanille. But it is nice that they're reunited in the end.
Yeah, but if you were him, would you want to bring it up out loud? Hayl no, my brotha. That's why I was wondering what the fuck was rammed so far up everyone else's ass that they didn't even care enough to ask Dajh what was up.

Then again, they're probably all choked up about their own issues and understand not wanting to talk about it. Fuck, I dunno.

Screw you, game.

I agree. In the end the storyline was somewhat poor. If they had tweaks parts of the storyline the focus would not have just been on Serah or the other weak points of the story. I blame bad writing. I think Dahj's storyline was definitely more important. A little kid is worse than an older teenage girl (esp since I think she was an adult too). Maybe they will improve on all this in the next one; I still argue that Sazh and Fang seemed to be very minor, undeveloped characters.

Aye. It might be because i dont particularly like the other characters (Hope in particular), but i do find that Sazh and Dajh was more sad. I mean, the kid lost his mother when he was what, 3? At least Serah had her sister and Snow all the way till she was i think 18. I dont mind the two story thingy though. I liked Sazh and Vanille since they were the only ones that aren't a total ass wipe. I would have so enjoyed 13 more if they delved more into Sazh and Dajh.

I thought this would be an interesting thread to revive. :grin:

How do people feel the story would have been affected had there been more focus on Sahz and Dahj?

******SPOILER ALERT*******

Much as I love XIII, I do feel they brushed over Sahz's story a little. The relationship between him and Dahj was beautiful and the events surrounding the two were utterly heartbreaking. The scene with Sahz, Vanille and the Sanctum is one of the more powerful scenes in FFXIII; nothing says 'the future is hopeless' more than the eldest character and a father bringing a gun to his head. One empathises with Sahz because he's so warm and mature. He doesn't seek revenge.

However, Sahz chose to keep his story pretty quiet. I feel this suited his character's maturity. Sahz had probably accepted that the fal'Cie were a far greater power than humanity; the others couldn't really help. He needed to save his son, his closest friend, but if he couldn't find a solution, how could anyone else? I'm not sure Sahz was particularly keen on revenge either. He was more intent on finding out why his son had been cursed. What were the fal'Cie's motives? Why his son? Dahj just was a little boy.

Having Sahz confide in Vanille alone worked well and I did like her involvement in his story. Furthermore, I admired the fact he didn't wallow in self pity after Dahj turned to crystal. We all moan about how whiny Hope is...well, Hope lost his mother. :lew: That's just as bad as a man losing his son. The difference between Hope and Sahz, however, is Sahz is mature enough to understand that wallowing in self pity won't help anyone. Revenge won't help anyone. Finding answers and perhaps preventing the same thing from happening again will.

I think Sahz did mourn, but internally, quietly, as he tried to do some good for the less mature, more fragile (at least, according to social expectation) Lightning, Snow, Hope and Vanille. Having him express his feelings to Vanille after the event would have forced a shift in his character, which isn't a good trade off for making it a more prominent part of the story. It would have been nice to see a few more signs of his private mourning, perhaps, and had the writers thought about it carefully, they probably could have introduced a suitable opportunity for Sahz's story to develop... I do have a feeling that the writers and developers just wanted to get on with the story. :lew:

To be honest I think that Sazh's story should've been the main story and Sazh the main character after all I think that we all agree that his story is alot better than Lightnings and would've been a better game to play. I mean losing your son is alot worse than losing your sister. Dont you think so?

It seemed as though nobody but Vanille really gave a shit about Sazh's story. It was always Serah this, Serah that. Personally, I think the whole Sazh losing his little boy thing was 10x more heartbreaking than god damn Snow never being able to fuck Serah again. The thought of Light losing her little sister was pretty bad, but it was hardly anything compared to the thought of Sazh losing his son.

But what I think is pretty irrelevant.

What I really wanna know is why the fuck nobody even cared enough to send a simple little smile over to Sazh and Dajh's reunion near the end at least. Like, fuck man. It's like the party just went "well, we might as well add some colour to our team just because".

I can't be the only one who's wondered about this.

I just now realized there isn't that many main black characters in FF. The ones I can think of are Shadow, Barret, and Sazh.
Obviously, Barret has the best background story. In fact, VII and IX have the best characters (all around, at least) as far as their personal backgrounds. But, Sazh does have a bit of a story himself, and it sits in the shadow of the others. I liked Sazh., used him a lot in battle to because his augments are golden. They definitely should have made him a little more prime in the story scheme.

Spoiler Alert: If you watch the cutscenes in Yaschas Massif there's a scene with Fang/Sazh where Fang tries to apologize to Sazh for what happened at Euride. So, it's not just Vanille. Lightning cares for Sazh, too. She just doesn't know his whole story. Or maybe she does...it's not like you know what happened while they traveled together....lol those gaps make for exciting fanfics!

Back