RPG Christmas Tournament: Brackets and Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMixedHerb

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Apologies for the delay on this first off, anyhoo.

Here are the rules just to recap:

* Use the equipment given only
* No levelling
* No fixing of matches (This speaks for itself)
* Post the battle log in the thread which will be created on the start day as proof and a screenshot if you so wish (One is required at minimum, otherwise the battle will be re-taken)
* Participants can get spectators to post the battle log
* Take part in the tournament until the end, no backing out whatsoever

The reward for the singles bracket is: 25,000 Gil and +Rep
The reward for the team bracket is: 10,000 Gil and +Rep (For both team players)

Here is the singles bracket:
rpgchristmassingles.png

Here is the team bracket:
rpgchristmasteams.png

Credit to Jess for helping with these, we did these by randomly applying numbers, dice rolls etc, so it's fair.

Okay so, I've reset everyone's account accordingly to their chosen class, the stats should be as follows:

Warrior

HP: 100
MP: 25
STR: 25
DEF: 25
MAG: 5
MAG DEF: 5
SPD: 15
DEX: 20
EVA: 5

Wizard

HP: 50
MP: 125
STR: 5
DEF: 5
MAG: 25
MAG DEF: 15
SPD: 15
DEX: 5
EVA: 15

Spells: Ember, Snow Flurry.

Rogue

HP: 50
MP: 75
STR: 15
DEF: 5
MAG: 15
MAG DEF: 5
SPD: 25
DEX: 15
EVA: 25

If they're inaccurate tell me ASAP and I'll adjust accordingly.

When you next enter the RPG, visit the clouds at the top to find the special area (or click this link: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/rpg.html?do=place&id=894), you'll have to buy the special equips from the shop there, they're colour coded to help out:

Blue = Wizard
Green = Rogue
Red = Warrior

Don't worry, they're just for aesthetic value, but they are there to help balance it, classes without certain equips in a certain area just leave it blank (wizards only have a staff, rogues have daggers/headgear and warriors have armour/boots/sword, everything else has to be blank.)

Players can do the battles whenever they wish, you can arrange times via PM or whatever you'd like, just so long as all participants can attend at the same time.

Post screencaps/results in this thread here, any problems and PM myself or Crimson Wolf, any general questions can go in this thread.
Lastly, don't forget guys, it's just for fun, don't take it too seriously. ;)

*sigh* Some potential misjudgments may have been made by me on those class stat layouts... I think Rogues would be better off with 50 MP, 10 DEF, and 20 DEX, especially with the MP sort of just being a waste of space for them, very much of that is absolutely unnecessary...

So, thoughts? *shields self for having butchered the Rogue class* ^^;

*sigh* Some potential misjudgments may have been made by me on those class stat layouts... I think Rogues would be better off with 50 MP, 10 DEF, and 20 DEX, especially with the MP sort of just being a waste of space for them, very much of that is absolutely unnecessary...

So, thoughts? *shields self for having butchered the Rogue class* ^^;

Yeah, way to fuck the rogues over :wacky: We have no spells, but higher MP and magic than a warrior. Which makes absolutely no sense at all. We could get a lower leveled spell or buffs or something to make it fair on us. :wacky:

Other than that, I'll have to kidnap Raye, Tyler, and Masa to have that team fight :monster: Also kratos for the single.

This is gonna be fun, if rogues don't get fucked. :ryan:

i'll be here a while so whenever you're all ready, send me an SB sout/PM or RPG shout, i got nothing else better to do :P

Last edited:
Don't worry, Jess ~ I'll protect you ! :rage:

. . .Well now that you know I'm here . :8F: Is Tyler online ?

Meh, i just like the designs for the equips and such, nice job with them :). Well i will be here mostly all day, on and off, so just send me a pm or something and we'll figure something out, k thanks
:)
<edit> also when the fight is over, will the equips and spells and such be removed from the player?, if not i think after the fight is over, we all should be able to have the special mage spells >.> lol

Meh, i just like the designs for the equips and such, nice job with them :)

Thanks, I made that "shop" and all of the equipment specific for this event, and it was also my idea to color coordinate the equipment the equipment. :P

The Warrior weapon seemed very appropriate to be fitted with a red colored title, for the share of blood shed it is sure to cause.

To me Rogues/Thieves/Assassins at least sometimes seem to have a thing for wearing the color green, so I thusly bestowed that color title upon the daggers.

And Mages/Wizards, well, red and green already being taken, they have ice magic, and cold is sort of seasonal this time of year, so Snow Flurry spell and all, they've been granted a blue Staff weapon with a blue colored title. :monster:

Again, apologies in advance for any issues any players may have with how this is set up. ^^;

Yeah, way to fuck the rogues over :wacky: We have no spells, but higher MP and magic than a warrior. Which makes absolutely no sense at all. We could get a lower leveled spell or buffs or something to make it fair on us. :wacky:

Other than that, I'll have to kidnap Raye, Tyler, and Masa to have that team fight :monster: Also kratos for the single.

This is gonna be fun, if rogues don't get fucked. :ryan:

I'll assume rogues aren't getting anything to make up for that then? :lew: If we don't, I'll just have to get over it, even if it does seem rather unfair. I'd just like to know as I've refused to fight my battles until I get an answer. :wacky:

What i did notice however, is that rogues are the only class that can dual wield, as in use 2 weapons to attack, while the mage's and warrior's can only use one weapon. So there is a slight possible advantage there.

Alls I know is that I need to wait for the Jess/kratos battle before I get to fight, and I also need to find Silver Shadow before I can do any kind of team battle.

You picked the hell of a time to disappear, bastard. :hmph:

Also, what about the attack types, since the only things in the rpg that were reset were the stats not the actual character, everyone still has their old attack types, which means depending how far you got in the game, could affect which attack types you can use to boost your stats, so that would also cause an unfair fight. just saying.

I had no idea that we could use two weapons. Thanks for that heads up. :wacky:
Because I need to fight Ami already. I forgot how long the tournament lasts for (too lazy to check). .

While you are waiting for him, hurry up and battle with .Rinoa so that I can know who I am going against. :gasp:

I try i try man, but she wont battle until a rpg mod or admin gets back to us about our high mp and mag with no spells.

Why did I have to get stuck with the first round bye? :hmph:

It happens in anything with brackets that I compete in. :gasp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back