Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Post the last game you've recently defeated and tell us all about it!

I just defeated Uncharted 2! Finally. I've had that game since February 2010 and I was into the Multiplayer more than anything, so I've neglected to play the Story Mode. Now I feel slightly accomplished. Might have another go at it with Crushing Mode, but we'll see.

It's a damn good game. Story, characters, soundtrack, and scenery were quite spectacular. I'm normally not a big fan of shooter games (either it be first or third-person) but UC2 really caught my attention. From a scale of 1-10, I'd definitely give this one a 10. I can't find any faults within the storyline or the characters for that matter. Each one has their own witty personality that will keep you hooked from the beginning 'til end. Quite refreshing!

No plans defeating another game yet, at least not anytime soon.

Well, the last full game I conquered was Super Mario Bros Wii. I've been through this before, but with help. This time it was all me. :ryan: I also ran through and got all the Star Coins on every stage, including the secret level. Just like any Mario Bros game, this gets high ranks, and is always fun to play again later on. 10 out of 10!

I did also beat X-Men: The Arcade Game after downloading it on PS3. This is a game I've gone through many years ago, in the arcade. I went through with Nightcrawler, but he was awful. I did it again with Colossus and found more success. But I think this game is a lot harder than I remember from back then. It's still a fun game though. I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

Where's Waldo :ohoho:

I got it for Christmas and finished it the next day. :mokken: Granted there were only like 20 stages but it was addicting. xD

The last game before that was Final Fantasy IV (again). I started it some time in April and finally finished it in August. :lew: It's one of my all time favorite games though so I enjoy replaying it every now and then.

Final Fantasy XIII

I bought it the day it came out and finished it about two months later. I have enjoyed it, but my expectations were very high so I was a bit disappointed. I don'T know if I'll find the motivation to replay it however. I haven't played much video games since then. I'm always starting over or continue a game or simply switch to another one after a couples of hours of play.

Where has my video game passion gone?:gonk:

It must've been Star Wars: The Force Unleashed a few months ago.

Was playing it because I heard about the second one and I found it really fun. I went for the good ending and was shocked by how it ended. May have to play it again soon to get the other ending, despite some of the annoying levels.

Just Cause 2. At long fucking last. :gonk:

In fact, I can probably throw together a whole review of the game now, but I can basically summarise it into a few lines. It may not be the best game of its genre and it may come with various flaws and downsides, but it's nevertheless a vast improvement from the first game. The huge island you get to explore in is just breathtaking when you consider the detail and the scale. I'm far from doing everything (still 60% probably) and I've spent much of the time just exploring, finding collectables and blowing things up. The story is very generic and lame, but that's essentially what you would expect from this kind of game. It doesn't really matter. This game does not require strong narrative, just a lot of things to do. It was only recently that I decided to stop going off on side-stuff and concentrate on the Agency missions - finishing the game today.

The last game I defeated was NieR. I was a bit behind but I dedicated a whole day to it a few weeks ago. I love this game... and whoever doesnt needs to really get hurt :hmph: The music in this game is simply brilliant.. I love the story also. The plot twist at the end is really really crazy and it made me love the game even more than I did before. Of course I am going for all the endings because it is such a beautiful game :ryan:

The last game I defeated was Borderlands, on the PS3. Whilst it wasn't as long as I was expecting, I still really enjoyed it. Setting enemies on fire or dissolving them with acid rounds didn't get old at all, and the online multiplayer was enjoyable for a while...although nobody wanted to play with me, since I was playing as Lilith. xD
The soundtrack wasn't anything to write home about, and the story was absolutely abysmal, but the gameplay was good, solid fun. The graphics were lovely as well - I love cel-shaded games...well, all cel-shaded games asides Wind Waker. Although I refuse to think of it as a "shooter RPG" because that is a horrendous contradiction in terms. It's a shooter with a level-up system. That doesn't make it an RPG :hmph:
The voice acting was good as well, although if I hear "Catch a Ride!" one more time I'm going to go on a killing spree...

The next game I beat will be Resonance of Fate...unless I ragequit on it again. Enemies have started poisoning me, and it's driving me up the wall...

I am so proud of myself <3 i just beat Fire emblem Radiant dawn again, but this time on hard mode yay!! LOL. I like challenging myself with each playthrough not to loose any character, and to only level up like 6 to 8 characters, that way they are maxed out at the end :)

I finally beat Assassin's Creed II tonight. I'm slightly behind since Brotherhood came out a while ago, but glad to finally get to the end. There was much difficulty in the last few memories, but the game kept glitching and made a few of the targets actually easy to kill because they were walking backwards and forwards!

I probably won't be defeating any other game for a while now since I've no idea what to try next. xD

Mass Effect II just like an hour or so ago. The final part was a little bit annoying and on insanity it must be hell I bet. But yeah the choices in game determine what happens at the end and such. Didnt really get the result I wanted but I can always restart the last mission and try again if my loyalty of other characters are high. Now Ill probably play Mass Effect I next :hmmm:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Fantastic game. I remember mentioning that there seemed to be so much to do in the game before I had actually gotten into it, but now that I've finished it, it seems like there are only minor assassin missions that aren't all that satisfying, apart from the story, which was fairly short. However, I'd rather have a short yet well developed story than a long yet mediocre one. I managed to follow the storyline very well since it seemed to seam together so well with Assassin's Creed II. At times I felt like I was wandering around too much, but that just may be my preference to linearity.

I definitely was not expecting the ending. I won't get into spoilers but same as in Assassin's Creed II, it really left an impact. It's definitely a big cliffhanger, but I feel like that cliffhanger just makes me more intrigued for the next game, rather than being annoying at the fact that they left off so abruptly.

I think a large part of what makes these games so worthwhile is the voice acting. Throughout the story, if you're really paying attention, it's incredible at how real the character's interactions seem.

Heavy Rain.

I didn't necessarily complete it 100%, but I finished it for the first time last night. All four characters died. Ethan shot himself, Norman died because of the drugs, Madison died instantly after jumping from the burning building and
Lauren shot Scott because she discovered he was the Origami Killer.

I've heard there're at least twenty-two different endings. Oh God, it's going to be annoying unlocking them all.

Vanquish.

Just to make it clear first of all, I've technically completed it twice, both on the normal difficulty (though I'd love to have a whirl through it again on Difficult). I first completed it quite quickly as a matter of fact, because when you look at the game, you will notice that it is noticeably short. On the second playthrough, I took my time with, because this time I opted to find as many - and perhaps all - of the Pangloss Statues. I guess trying to locate them all unaided was perhaps a bit ambitious, because the time used up to search for them would be a major compromise for the scoring itself at the close of each levels.

Well, what else can I say about this game? It's just awesome. Genuinely, it has been a long time since I have encountered a game that had me this hooked. I perhaps expected a generic kind of futuristic shooter with Gears of War mechanics, well - it turned out to be one of the most engrossing plays I've ever played despite the fact that it's rather unoriginal. In this instance, I don't mind the generic story with barely much in the way of memorable characters or decent interaction. Normally I would bang on a lot about having a good story, but it didn't matter here. The fact is, the gameplay totally made up for it. The fact that the game is so rapid in pace and with all the "ohhhhh shiiiiiiiit" moments you may encounter in the main campaign, I would wholly recommend this to anyone.

I beat Halo Reach last week. Not a huge achievement really. I seldom gain satisfaction from beating FPS campaigns. Also, I didn't care much for the ending. I know it couldn't have really ended any other way, but I hate being damned...

Still, that's the last game I've beaten.

Dragon Age: Origins

Awaiting the 2nd one!! The first one was pretty good actually, probably would've been better on PC. The 360 version was a bit laggy, didn't stop me from enjoying it though

Also dragon age origins.

Finished my human noble story three times to see the three possible endings. I was really sad when I finished it, but I bought awakening and another dlc so I can enjoy it some more.

Little Big Planet 2 Story mode!! Amazing game! Now to play as many community levels as I can and collect all the trophies :D

Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-land Mayhem

This is the really the first game I've played diligently on a handheld system (DS) since the original Gameboy. :lew: But this game was a ton of fun, especially if you enjoy puzzle/strategy type games. Being anal like I am, I made sure to get the trophy for every single stage all the way through. Though when I finished the game, I unlocked expert levels and a plus game. And I never did do any of the special stages that you unlock from getting the Mario Coins. But the main story is done. I highly recommend it. (y)

Back