• I <3 Cats!

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • I <3 Dogs!

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • I <3 NONE!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No, it was the way I worded it, sorry.

I got it as a kitten and from the moment it entered the house it was destroying things. I kept it for a good few months before I was sick of my stuff getting destroyed and I gave her away.

I'm a dog person as dogs are more active and fun to play with despite their barking and pooping at random places when I take my pet dog for a walk.

I used to be a devout cat person, however after several thefts on our property and a need of incentive to get outside and exercise, I decided to get a Jack Russell puppy. I am now a firm dog lover and as well as a cat worshipper! The pup has changed my life so much, and I never knew I could love a dog so much.

I used to be a devout cat person, however after several thefts on our property and a need of incentive to get outside and exercise, I decided to get a Jack Russell puppy. I am now a firm dog lover and as well as a cat worshipper! The pup has changed my life so much, and I never knew I could love a dog so much.
Hehe, do you have cats as well? I used to walk a Jack Russel for another family, but couldn't have had one of my own because they apparently love to kill cats. :(

I used to be more of a dog person than I am now... but I suppose I saw the rosy side. I loved to walk dogs and see how happy walking made them. I loved how sociable they were, but I could always choose when to be with them. It's only as a grew up that I realised just how much time they need. :(

Hehe, do you have cats as well? I used to walk a Jack Russel for another family, but couldn't have had one of my own because they apparently love to kill cats.

That's not entirely true, my Jack absolutely loves my cats and respects them, we've taught him not to chase or corner them, and if he gets too pushy they swat him. I think it all depends on the temperament of the dog and how you train them to integrate with other animals.

Which do I <3?
hmmm.
I like them both, I like most animals, excepts snakes and shit like that.
Cats are good for catching rats and they sometimes sit on you, but most of the time they are very aloof. That is because cats are mentile, if you feed an animal and give it shelter then it should realise that it should be grateful, cats do not realise this.
Dogs are better because they can bring you sticks, this is very helpful if you need a stick. Dogs are more affectionate and you can play with a dog, and take it for walks.
Dogs are better.

I'm a dog guy. They're much cuter and friendlier than cats. Then again, I grew up around dogs, and when I was growing up, my neighbor had this black cat that scared the living fudge out of me. So maybe that's why I hate cats.

The only reason I would even consider getting a cat is so that I could put bread on it.

I like both really... It depends on what kind of cat/dog though and it's personality. I like when they are friendly and when they WANT to be around me, which isn't often with cats :/

But I like them both all the same :D

Cat hands down. Absolutely no contest. They are the best animal you can have and nobody will ever make me think otherwise. :mokken:
I naturally seem to bond with cats better than any other animal. It seriously doesn't matter if you own the meanest cat, give me time around it and the cat will love me. Guaranteed.

Dog person, for sure. My mom hates cats and so I've never had one growing up. I love that dogs are affectionate pretty much 24/7 and they're so cuddly. I've only met one cat that was like that (alright, maybe two) and the thought of having a pet that avoids you the majority of its waking hours sounds...awful.

But I do admit hat cats are cute :P

I Like them both. All I had when I was younger was Dogs ( or Dawgs, like we say in the south) and the only interaction I had with a cat was the one that climbed up my back scratching me to pieces when I was younger. When me and Rae first got together she had 2 cats and I really liked one of them, the other was a little to crazy, but very funny. Now we just have 2 cats at the moment but usually have a dog too. I think I'm starting to like cats a little more than dogs now. Our 2 cats are Munkie and Maka (from soul eater) Maka loves to be held, never gets into trouble and is the nicer cat. Munkie on the other hand can be a pain but is my favorite, we have an understanding of each other. I pet her, she rubs on me, I say "Give me some noggin" and she bumps her forehead on mine =) that cat is awesome.

Okay. I have to take up for the "crazy" cat that Nicus was talking about. I honestly think that cat had a serious mental disability. You know how cats are supposed to land on their feet? Well, this cat didn't do that. He would be sitting up on a shelf or fireplace mantle and just roll off and fall right on his back. You might be thinking that he was just asleep and didn't know he was falling or whatever, but he would be wide awake when he would do it. I don't think he ever fell off of something and landed on his feet. Plus he would just walk around and smell people's feet and then fall over. My dad was the main one he would do this to. Whenever he took off his boots, there was Charmin smelling his feet and just flopping all over the ground.

As for me, I honestly love both cats and dogs because I am definitely what you call an animal person. I get along with all kinds. BUT if it came down to it, I would say that cats are my favorite. I have lived with cats my whole life, so I know pretty much know all there is to know about them; their attitude, what they're thinking, what they want, etc. But I also have to take up for my dogs and say that I have had some awesome dogs in my life. One in particular was a golden retriever named Dino. He would take up for me in a minute and was always my protector. All in all, I would say that he was the best friend that I needed at that point in my life.
:inlove:

I prefer dogs, for the most part. I'm so indifferent towards cats. :lew: There are some cats I'm OK with, though.

I owned one cat, when I was a child. I barely remember him. I do remember that he was pain in the ass. Haha. He might be the reason behind my indifference.

Canines

• Canines are better at hunting, protecting and guarding.
  • Canines seem to grasp common morals better and learn new things much more efficiently.
  • Rottweilers, Coonhounds (both Redbone & Bluetick), Great Pyrenees, Siberian Huskies, American Bulldogs, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and Bullmastiffs are all canines. 'nuff said.

You proved nothing. :mokken:

A dog is man's best friend, and for a reason. Because of its dependency, it'll bend over backwards for you. Cats have that "I'm too good for you" attitude that doesn't make them a best friend. I'm still saying you can have more fun playing around with a dog. Cats can't be bothered with that for the most part.

Quite correct. For thousands of years, even the wildest of canines have made for a more dependable companion than even the most domestic of feline species.

I really love both, but lately I've found myself slightly preferring cats. They'll just sit on you and play with you when you're bored...I've never been around the stereotypical anti-social cat personally. I used to have a cat in uni actually and it was the best thing ever. Kat Slater it was called, for it's slag-like status. It'd want to be around me 24-7 and give causal attention to the other 5 in my house at the time.

Like I said though, I really like dogs too, but it's just a current preference kind of thing. I'd have a cat if I could, but the family all hate them :/.

I am more of a dog person. I never been into cats that much because the mess they make around the house with their hair. Plus I find dogs to be more enjoyable to play with.

Probably a cat person. Just because that while they can be affectionate, they don't always bother you. For the most part anyway >.> I like German Shepherd dogs too though. I want one.

So big fluffy cats > German Shepherds > normal cats > normal dogs >>>>> dirt > Pugs

Totally make sense

I like cats, but as Roy Mustang would say: I LOVE DOGS! I have a cat myself but she really only likes to get some food from me and then go watching birds from the window all day. I go to my cousin's house every year and her two Labradors do everything to make me laugh and do that overexcited act that dogs do. xD The younger one even stood up on his hind legs and gave me a hug! I really want a dog, but I don't know if I could take care of one and manage college classes.

Back