Help Leveling zones

Noize

Sensou Ishimashou!!!!
Veteran
Gil
So i've just done all the storyline quests, excluding bahamut of course, but nontheless, done pretty much all of it.

My characters are surprisingly all below lvl 50, (they all lvl 40 except for Vaan.)

Are there any good places to grind?

I only know of 2 (Ridorana Cataract and Giruvegan) but if there's someplace new where i can level up i'd gladly go there instead, necause the first 2 are seriously annoying to get around.

At that point in the game, Giruvegan, the areas around Giruvegan and the Pharos Subterra are probably the best places to grind. The Cerobi Steppe (the area outside of Balfonheim) should also be pretty decent right now.

The Pharos Subterra is a good place to train around that level. If you want to level up very quickly, I'd suggest either the hidden levels of the The Great Crystal of Giruvegan or the Phase 2 Shaft/Dig area of the Henne Mines. But the monsters that are there are way past your level, though they give amazing amounts of EXP, so if you consider either of those places to go, be well prepared .

I had a feeling those were my only good bets.... looks like im gonna have to find myself some ribbon accessories and go into Giruvegan for a second time (Vivian - malboro strains are a pain in the ass when they inflict Disease status.)

I know this is old but i have a spot for you... there is a place in the Henne Mines that has the fastest Grind Rate... it has to be after you have 10 Espers and its on the way to Zodiark... so the best spot is Pithead Junction C. Flipping the gate switch will send Abysteels descending down from the ceiling. They do not respawn endlessly like the Jellies, but are vulnerable to Sleep and are damaged by curative magic. With the proper gambit set-up, the player can use Sleepga to neutralize the Abysteels and kill them with Curaja without waking them up.

The Abysteels will leave roughly 3,000 EXP each, which in tandem with their large numbers makes leveling quick and easy. If the party is equipped with Embroidered Tippet accessories, they could potentially earn up to of 100,000 EXP with each press of the switch.

I know this is old but i have a spot for you... there is a place in the Henne Mines that has the fastest Grind Rate... it has to be after you have 10 Espers and its on the way to Zodiark... so the best spot is Pithead Junction C. Flipping the gate switch will send Abysteels descending down from the ceiling. They do not respawn endlessly like the Jellies, but are vulnerable to Sleep and are damaged by curative magic. With the proper gambit set-up, the player can use Sleepga to neutralize the Abysteels and kill them with Curaja without waking them up.

The Abysteels will leave roughly 3,000 EXP each, which in tandem with their large numbers makes leveling quick and easy. If the party is equipped with Embroidered Tippet accessories, they could potentially earn up to of 100,000 EXP with each press of the switch.

^ This!

I spent HOURS in the Henne Mines grinding. Its such an insane place. It really works :D Stick on some music or something and just keep at it :)

Holy sh--! You must have spent such a long time there haha! I only got my characters to about level 60, then proceeded to go towards the end of the game. I would of spent longer, but XII isnt really my thing (I dont hate it though!)

Holy sh--! You must have spent such a long time there haha! I only got my characters to about level 60, then proceeded to go towards the end of the game. I would of spent longer, but XII isnt really my thing (I dont hate it though!)

It was easy compared to FF 3 nes, in that game took me around half hour to reach one damm level, and i reached lvl 99.

It was at the time i could get fully into rpgs now level 60 is enough for me.

It was easy compared to FF 3 nes, in that game took me around half hour to reach one damm level, and i reached lvl 99.

It was at the time i could get fully into rpgs now level 60 is enough for me.

lol i sit here and get from lvl 50 to 60 in about an hour XD works like a dream... i replay the game so much when i hit lvl 80 though so ima hit lvl 99 this time... when i do restart im going for Absolute 100% complete

tip

Giruvegan. Great for loot as well

Cerobi steppe has wyrms i forgot their name they have like 32,000 health but they give out 3,500 exp and 4 lp each

3 embroided tippets and that should equate to tons of exp

Back