Help Mist charges

Ikas

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I'm still a complete noob at this game lol.

I just defeated Judge Ghis, and I have a Quickening for Vaan and Ashe on the Licence board. I used these quickenings in battle with Judge Ghis.

As of now, I can't seem to use these quickenings anymore. Could someone please fill me in on how to obtain 'mist charges', so that I can use the quickenings again for future battles?

Furthermore, is there anything specific I should have in my armour/weapons/magick list by this point in the game? All my characters are level 14 and I still have 300+ licence points for each character that I haven't used. Any tips on what to do with them?

Thanks for your help.

Saki

Nevermind, I found out, you need to have a full MP bar.. lol.

Ok, how can I get maximum damage out of a Quickening? All I understand is pressing R2 to 'Shuffle'. Don't know what that means.

I'm trying to defeat the Nidhogg, one of the Hunts.

Last edited by a moderator:
:hmmm:

well to answer the Quickening question first. Shuffling causes what quickening you use to change, since every character can have three whuich increase in "price" by one mist charge as they get stronger. (So, their first costs one and their srongest costs 3 mist charges). During the shuffle a character may hav "Mist Charge" appear, if you click their corrosponding button they will charge up all of their mist charges, allowing them to continue attacking.

So, say for example Ashe has 3 Quickening for me. This gives me access to Northswain's Glow (1 mist charge), Heaven's Wrath (2 mist charges), Maelstrom's Bolt (3 mist charges). Say I use Northswain's Glow to start off, she will use one of her three charges, meaning for the next attack I can either use another Northswain's Glow(and then another) or Heaven's Wrath (because she now only has 2 charges). But, if I "mist charge" she will return to three, even if I use up all three "mist charging" will give her back all her charges.

It can get kind of hectic when using three people, and I'm not very good at it myself. the bar speeds up after each charge or attack so you have to be quick to keep the attack going. Some people are masters at it. D:

As for what Liscenses you should have. That all depends on what you want. There is no specific things, other then Swiftness, that I would suggest. I make my characters specific "roles" so... yeah, I can't really tell you.

I hope I helped and didn't complicate anything for you. D:

:hmmm:

well to answer the Quickening question first. Shuffling causes what quickening you use to change, since every character can have three whuich increase in "price" by one mist charge as they get stronger. (So, their first costs one and their srongest costs 3 mist charges). During the shuffle a character may hav "Mist Charge" appear, if you click their corrosponding button they will charge up all of their mist charges, allowing them to continue attacking.

So, say for example Ashe has 3 Quickening for me. This gives me access to Northswain's Glow (1 mist charge), Heaven's Wrath (2 mist charges), Maelstrom's Bolt (3 mist charges). Say I use Northswain's Glow to start off, she will use one of her three charges, meaning for the next attack I can either use another Northswain's Glow(and then another) or Heaven's Wrath (because she now only has 2 charges). But, if I "mist charge" she will return to three, even if I use up all three "mist charging" will give her back all her charges.

It can get kind of hectic when using three people, and I'm not very good at it myself. the bar speeds up after each charge or attack so you have to be quick to keep the attack going. Some people are masters at it. D:

As for what Liscenses you should have. That all depends on what you want. There is no specific things, other then Swiftness, that I would suggest. I make my characters specific "roles" so... yeah, I can't really tell you.

I hope I helped and didn't complicate anything for you. D:

I can get up to 14 if i really push myseld, and it's like you say, it's damn crazy!
I have 3 mist attacks for all my characters except for Basch who only has 2 for now, i barely use charges unless i'm up against one of the Espers.

as for your gear, what do you have on you now? I am assuming you're not on the leviathan or in any place you can't escape from easily? I ask this because you might need a fair bit of gil to get some new gear if you're not upgraded enough (IMO)

Oh and instead of "pressing R2" to shuffle the mist charges, you can also just hold it down. i just found that out today when i was on a hunt.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I managed a 12-chain quickening today. It was purely out of luck.

By holding R2 down, it seems like mist charge options don't appear lol.. Is it easier that way? What's the best way to perform multiple quickenings?

I hit R2 once, see what appears, and if nothing appears, hit it quickly again. You need to do this as soon as they've stopped rotating. I usually get between 7 and 15 hits this way, and occasionally higher (I got a 28 hit once)

Back