What cheered you up today?

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
Consider this a complete opposite to the, "What pissed you off today?" thread.

For me? Well, it's been a great day and lots of good things happened, but what really cheered me up today was my tutor loving my idea for a sci-fi film and thought it should definitely go ahead for the big screen. Really feeling humbled by that and drives me to make my third draft for my treatment perfect.

So what about you? Shoot.

Reactions: Shu
well i spent a lot of money today so i wasnt really i a great mood, but when i came home my mom told me the funniest story that cheered me up.

I escaped a couple of English Language and Literature mock exams because I was away for most of last week and my tutor could not be arsed to make me stick around and invigilate a mock in my own time. I know I probably do need as much practice as I can have for the exams ahead, but I really can't be bothered to work at this moment in time.

Oh yeah, my brother was hit by a door today. That made me laugh for a little while.

Well, my girlfriends remote start for her car wasn't working, and we just had it installed Saturday. :hmph: But when I went home for lunch, I investigated it a little, and I managed to find the problem and fix it. Not having to go back to Best Buy for an appointment on Saturday made my day. :ryan: Especially considering my parents will be over to celebrate my birthday. That was quite the wrench thrown into the plans, but not anymore. :awesome:

I was wondering when this type of thread would turn up :lew: I think we needed a good foil to the pissed off thread.

I got a really nice compliment today that made me feel good, and I also got some Christmas shopping done that was much easier than I had anticipated it would be :awesome:

I think I did really well in my programming exam. Even though I don't have my result yet, My Windows application was running perfectly and I completed everything in time. I should have a good result. One of my school buddy also gave me over 300 songs on my USB key. We love the same styles, so I have new good music to listen to.:yay:

Well after cleaning the snow apparently I did a good job even if it was only two of us working outside :hmph: Still that makes me happy as that proves I am useful for more things xD Normally I hate cleaning the snow but today my complement was that I did a good job. Also I didnt break my back :lew: But my hands were frozen later and shaking. Still I got the job done :monster:

It snowed and I got off work because I work at a school. And I got so much accomplished today :) I even took my dog for a snow walk.

I had a lovely sleep this afternoon after failing to have such a good night's sleep since Friday with all the work I've been doing. Was only four and a half hours, mind, but it's still enough to put me in a better mood.

I got a Barnes and Noble giftcard at the Secret Santa party at work :awesome: And the person I had liked their gift too, which made me happy because I hadn't been quite sure if they would.

eBay. I always find myself ebaying random shit when I'm supposed to be doing an essay, and tonight has been no exception. I've found some really geeky stuff, on the cheap, that I've ordered. Hoping they're here before Christmas day! A little Christmas present to me, from me.

I won a prize at work today!

We all had our own individual Christmas goals at work that we had to achieve in order to win an awesome prize.

You get to lucky dip and it's the best out of three that you get to choose from.

I was lucky and got a fourth go though. XD

I won $80 off my staff account and the amazing thing was that I actually had $80.20 on my account for this month!

I never have anything on my account but due to Christmas I used my account and then I didn't have to pay for anything anyway. XD AWESOME PRIZE!!!

I finished Uni for Christmas. The semester's over and I'm glad since my last lecture today was absolutely pointless.

found out the chance of leaving work super early today is high :)
so i cant help but be all smiles haha

Well, since I can't seem to find that "What did you learn today" thread (it was really cool, I miss it :(), I'll post it here, since it cheered me up to learn these things :D I learned three awesome things today--

1) I found out that there are two snacks I can have at work that don't have palm oil in them, so I was able to start my journey to try to cut it out of my diet. Which I've been meaning to do for some time, because it's one of the major things they cut down the Indonesian rainforests for, but I hadn't really bothered to get around to checking the things I eat for it until today. So I'm glad I finally just put my foot down and made choices that avoided it.

2) I learned that King Henri IV of France's head was stolen from his grave in 1793, but they found it again and have now pretty much identified it as the correct head. I didn't even know it was missing in the first place, so it was cool to learn something new there. Here's the link if anyone's interested (to the article, not his actual head):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/14/AR2010121406439.html

3) I also learned that they think they've found the remains of Amelia Earhart, which was something that was up in the air for a very long time.
*dies from own unintentional pun*
Anyway, they supposedly found some things like evidence of makeup, hand lotion, and primitive Western cooking techniques having occurred on an island in the South Pacific that would have been in her projected path along her last known flight. I've always been curious about this, so it looks like the mystery is close to being solved, and it's pretty exciting for a history nerd like me :D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101218/ap_on_re_us/us_search_for_amelia

I've finally started to gather my Christmas presents together!

I intend to start wrapping them tomorrow.

Some are still on layby and some are still coming from ebay but it's all good! I'll have the majority ready and wrapped by next week and only have to wrap the last few things after the weekend.

So excited for Christmas!

Hm. I sort of reacted to this thread.

When I saw it, I realized I had nothing that really cheered me up today. Then again, I stayed home for pretty much the whole day, so it's hard to say that there was anything that cheered me up... Unless I reflected on things, that is.

And so I did, briefly, but hey. I do have one thing that cheers me up. My resolve. My re-examinations is next week, and if I fail that, I'll have to be retained for one academic year. Now in either case, pass or fail, I don't intend to stay, because this place, I feel, isn't for me. I might be the academic geek to my friends, but I certainly ain't one. I love studying, but I only say that because I needed to make myself believe that to make it easier to study. And I say that with sarcasm, honestly.

And so I intend to really waste away this year in moving on to another institution, and pursue a diploma instead. I realize I'll be happier there, more than here, anyway. And it isn't really encouraging for me to realize that I'm competing with such a huge number of students all over the country for good grades.

But yeah. I have the resolve now. I found the path, the path that I want to take, and would probably have to take. That cheered me up.

Back